Chapter 9

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

We chatted some more and ate dinner, of course with L just sitting there. It was nice getting to know his family; they warmly welcomed me, as if I am part of their family. Sadly, I couldn’t stay longer.

“Dad, Mom, I’ll walk Seol home before it gets darker.”Myungsoo announced.

“Alright, take care on your way, dear. You can pay a visit anytime.” His dad said.

“You’re always welcome in our home, ok?” His mom gave me a hug which I gladly return.

“Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.”

“Aigo~ just call us abeonim and eomeonim!” She said.

“N-ne, abeonim and eomeonim. It was nice to meet you.”

“You need to come back and hangout with me, noona!”Moonsoo added.

 

 After our silent but comfortable walk, we arrived in front of our house.

“Thank you, for today. I really enjoyed meeting your family. I’m glad that you can finally be with them again.”

“That’s all thanks to you.” He sincerely smiled.

“I did nothing though.”

He hugged me. “You don’t know how your presence means a lot to me. I’m already grateful that you’re by my side.”

I hugged him back. “I won’t leave you. See you tomorrow, hm? You need to go back home. Oh, and don’t forget to inform the boys that you’re staying with your family.”

“Don’t worry, I bet Sunggyu-hyung already knows.” He pulled away from the hug and placed his lips on my forehead. “Go in. Good night.”

I can feel my cheeks heating up. “G-good night, too. T-take care.”

 

The next morning, I did my daily routine before going to the dining room and eat breakfast with my parents. While eating, our doorbell rang.

“Who could possibly our visitor early in the morning?” Mom stood up and went to answer the door.

I heard her talking to a guy and invited him in the house. I wonder who it is.

“You have a visitor, Seol. Why didn’t you tell us, huh?” Mom said as she walked back in the dining room.

I raised a brow at her and tilted my head to the side. I don’t have any idea what she is talking about.

 

Our ‘visitor’ came which made me choke on my food. My dad handed me my drink.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Myungsoo-imnida. Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Shin.” He bowed.

“Son, come and join us for breakfast!” Mom invited.

“Thank you, but I already ate.” He took a seat beside me.

My parents interrogated him nonstop; all of them totally ignoring my presence. He’s not even my boyfriend yet! Yet? What the hell am I saying?

 

When we’re done with our food, finally they remembered I still exist.

“Honey, your boyfriend is really nice.” Mom commented.

“He’s not my—“

“I approve of you, son. I trust you and I know you won’t hurt our princess.” Dad cut me off.

I glared at them. “He’s not my boyfriend!”

“But I saw you came home late last night, and you were with him.” Mom said.

I face-palmed. “Whatever. I’m going to school.” What’s the use of explaining to them when they won’t even understand the situation?I walked out of our house with L behind me.

“It was nice to meet you.” L bowed.

“You can pay a visit anytime. You’re always welcome.” Dad said.

“Take care, you two!” Mom hollered.

 

I walked in a fast pace, though I know L can catch up with me, which he did. He put his arm on my shoulder; I stopped walking and glared at him.

He chuckled at my childish attitude and pulled me closer to him. He landed his lips on my cheek. “Are surprises not good for you in the mornings?”

“You could’ve at least told me.”

“That won’t be a surprise then. And we don’t even have each other’s number.”

“Now, they think you’re my boyfriend.” I handed him my phone. “Get my number and put yours in mine.”

“Isn’t that nice? They approve of us. We won’t have any problems when we become official.”

“Official your face, we don’t even have feelings for each other. This is just all because of our ‘bond’.”

 

Oops. I think I went too far, didn’t I? It’s the truth though. We don’t have feelings for each other, do we? And we’re together because I have no problem with his need of my blood, right? Nothing more, nothing less. But why do I feel hurt? Why do I feel that I hurt him? This is so frustrating. Why do I have to be in this situation? He was silent and handed my phone back. Our friends, his friends and my friends, greeted us as if not noticing our awkward atmosphere. I know anyof the three Sungs(SunggyuSungyeolSungjong)know that something happened and told the others to act normally.

 

It’s already lunchtime and our silent treatment to each other is still on. The boys and my friends headed out to have lunch all together; I told them I’ll follow. I sighed and buried my face in my palms. I don’t even know what’s happening anymore. I can’t understand my own feelings. Is it because I’m not taking this seriously? But I can’t possibly like him; I just met them.

 

“You’re starting to have feelings for him, but it gets stronger faster because of your special bond with him.” Someone answered my thought. I looked up, as expected, Sunggyu. “You don’t need to rush yourselves. He understands you, but he was also hurt.” He took a seat beside me.

“I’m in denial, ain’t I?”

He nodded. “And scared.”

“Scared?” I curiously asked.

“Even though you know we’re harmless, you’re scared of the consequences of him being a vampire and you turning into one.”

He left me speechless with that.