Chapter 14

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

I was in my dreamland when I felt the sun hitting my face; I rubbed my eyes before completely opening it.

“Good morning, my angel.” He pecked my lips.

I chuckled. “What’s with the nickname?” I asked with my sleepy voice.

He shrugged. “Are you feeling well? Can you go to school?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Oh right, we have school. I need to go back home first, though.”

“It’s already 9 in the morning. We should get up now so we can arrive there before the third class starts.”

“What?! Oh shoot. Let’s hurry!” I shot up from the bed and literally dragged him out of it.

 

Thankfully, we managed to arrive in school before the third class. Students were gossiping; I can hear something about Hyunsoo-Raim being together and of course, wonders about Myungsoo and I being late and arriving together. The small bandage on my neck is not helping, either. Well, of course I have to hide his bite mark, but I know all of them are thinking it’s a hickey or something. I tried my best to put down my hair and hide my neck.

“Hey, love birds~!” Hoya called.

“It’s funny to hear what people are gossiping about you two.”Sungyeol laughed with Sunggyu.

I shook my head. “You guys are no help.”

“That’s what friends are for!”Woohyun added and laughed again with the other guys.

“Shut it, guys.”Raim seriously told them.

“Let’s go. Third class is going to start soon.”Yohan said as everyone followed him.

 

We were at our usual spot under the tree when lunchtime came. Gossips still didn’t die down, and even though we’re outside the cafeteria, everyone is obviously glancing our way through the glass window and chattering until they want to.

“Aish~ sometimes, it’s not really that fun to have my power. Can’t these people just shut up and mind their own businesses?”Sungyeol whined.

“The hot weather is not helping either.”Hyunsoo said. Then all of us looked at Woohyun with pleading eyes.

“Mwo?” He asked, acting all innocent. We gave him a ‘you-know-what-we-want’ look.

“Just this once! It’s not like you don’t feel stuffy either.” Hoya said.

He rolled his eyes but he used his power to control the wind anyway.

 

“Ah~ it’s good that you can be useful sometimes.”Sungjong said.

“Mworago?! Yah, I’m your hyung! And I’m much more useful than you!I can control the FOUR elements of earth while you just see the future!” He exaggeratingly showed him his four fingers.

“Being useful doesn’t depend on the number of your power. Seeing the future is much more of a help.”

Before Woohyun could even give another rebut, Hoya gave the two of them a great pain.

“Stop it, you two idiots. We are just half-vampires, and remember that we have one vampire here who is much more powerful than all of us. So quit arguing.”

“Ne!!!”Woohyun and Sungjong answered in pain.

“Gosh, I’m older than you, Lee Howon…if it weren’t just because of your power…”Woohyun said as soon as Hoya let his power off.

“Guys, I think all of you are fairly powerful and useful, okay? Half-vampire or not, all of you are amazing.” I said as I played with Myungsoo’s hair, who is lying on my lap, as usual.

 

After some more chatting, we decided to go back inside. Dongwoo used his power to open the door. I looked around if anyone saw before entering back inside the cafeteria and giving Dongwoo a look. He just shrugged and gave me his gummy smile. We, three girls, are walking ahead of the boys. The next thing happened so fast. I slipped on a water spill on the floor but a guy, holding a tray of food, was also crossing in front of us who slipped too. The weird thing is, I felt a pair of arms around me before I could even hit the ground and there was no food from the tray which is supposed to be scattered on the floor.

 

I looked up to see everyone gathering around us, and obviously, Kim Myungsoo caught me.

“Did you see that? Daebak!”

“What happened?”

“How did L get to her so fast?”

“Did you see how the food froze in air and landed safely on the table?”

“Too bad, I wasn’t able to take a video of it!”

Everyone quieted down when we heard a loud crash of a tray colliding with the floor. All of us turned to Sungjong, eyes wide…he looked…scared. He gave Sunggyu a look, and the leader nodded.

Sunggyu walked to us and helped up the guy who slipped; Myungsoo and I stood up as well.

“Uhm…I’m sorry for the commotion my friends and I made. I hope no one is hurt. Please go back to what you were doing.”

 

The students hesitantly went back to their own businesses; they were still suspicious of what happened earlier. Sunggyu gave all of us a look to follow him. Sungjong saw something…and it’s not good.

Once we arrived in our classroom, Sunggyumade sure no one could hear our conversation. We have few minutes left before the bell rings.

“Jong, what did you see?”Myungsoo asked.

“It has something to do with what happened earlier in the cafeteria.” He said.

“I knew it. I told you guys to control your powers.” I said, feeling really nervous.

“Calm down.”Gayoung and Raim patted my back.

“No one’s at fault. It’s bound to happen anyway.”Sungjong said. “Because of the incident, people grew suspicious, and they won’t stop until they know. I couldn’t see the faces in my vision, but there’ll be some people who’ll put our identity out to the public. Citizens will be scared and they want us all dead, but we’ll try our best to convince them that we’re harmless. They’ll agree to let us live but…” He trembled.

 

“But what?”Hyunsoo asked.

“They’ll agree to let the SIX of us live because we’re half-humans, but they want to…”

“to kill L.”Sunggyu finished the sentence for him.

I felt my heart stopped beating. “No! That’s not going to happen! You guys can’t let that happen, right? You won’t let your own friend to be killed, right?” I asked, tears threatening to fall.

“I think we should continue settling this matter later. The bell already rang.”Woohyun said, as we went to our respective seats.

“Hey…everything will be alright. Don’t worry too much about it.”Myungsoocaressed my hair.

I kept silent. My mind was totally blank at that time. I still can’t process what just happened.