Chapter 7

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

We heard a whistle followed by a shout. Our coach has finally arrived. L and I stood up and joined our classmates. Coach announced that we’ll play soccer for today’s class; the boys are going to play first.

The girls took a seat by the bleachers.

“So, are you and L official?” Gayoung asked.

I gave her a look. “Yoon Gayoung, I just met him.”

“But you two are acting like a couple!” Raim pointed out.

“It’s complicated, really. I don’t even understand myself.”

 

I heard screams from the girls and Hyunsoo shouting “Seolyeon, watch out!” The ball was heading my way, but before it could hit me, it stopped right in front of my face and dropped on my lap. Everyone was gaping. I searched for the one who’s behind this and saw Dongwoo looking around, playing innocent; so much for telling them not to use their powers. I passed the ball back to the boys and they continued playing as if nothing happened.

 

“Was it one of the boys?” Raim asked.

I nodded. “Dongwoo.”

“Isn’t it dangerous for them to use their powers in public?”

“They don’t really care about it. Let them be.” I shrugged.

As we were watching the game, three girls stood in front of us.

We curiously looked at them. “May we help you?” Gayoung asked.

“Yes. Stay away from our oppas.” Nana said.

“May we know who your oppas are?” I asked.

“First, you get to have Hyunsoo and Yohan, and now, even the seven new guys!” Lizzy answered.

“Flirts.” Raina added.

 

Wow. I was never involved in such kingka-queenka issues, but now we’re being threatened to stay away from their dear ‘oppas’, all thanks to those vampires. What? Are they going to plot something for us, then kidnap us in a warehouse? Cliché.  

“Especially, you! How could you boldly flirt with Myungsoo-oppa!” Nana pointed at me.

I raised my brow. I never even called him ‘Myungsoo’. FYI, I don’t flirt with him. Probably, it’s because of the ‘bond’ we have. I can’t do anything about the fact that we’re mates.

 

I didn’t answer her. The three of us technically ignored them. We heard our coach yelling that it’s finally the girls’ turn. The three queenkas glared at us before walking off to the court.

“Jealous es.” Raim groaned as we walked to the court as well.

 

The game started; we were playing well, not until Nana got the ball. Sunggyu must’ve read her thoughts since he shouted “Seolyeon, move!” She kicked the ball towards me; I moved swiftly, but tripped onto a foot and fell. I scraped my elbow. I heard a loud hiss. I looked up to see L being held back by Sungyeol and Sungjong with the help of Hoya’s powers. I checked my elbow; it was bleeding. Oh, that’s why.

 

Coach ended the game and told Nana to come with him. Gayoung and Raim rushed to me.

“Let’s go to the clinic!” Raim said.

Woohyun made his way to us and helped me up. “Let’s get you out of here. You’re bleeding and we need to calm L down.” He turned to my friends. “I’ll take care of her.”

They reluctantly let me go. Woohyun and I walked out of the gym.

 

“I thought L has learned to control himself?”

“He did. He learned to control his speed and strength, and to control himself around humans. But I guess, since you were away, he’s still not used to you especially when you bleed.”

I sighed. “It must be very hard for him.”

“Another reason of him being like that is he’s partially mad that you got hurt.” He said as we arrived in the clinic and the nurse started treating my wound.

 

After getting treated, we walked back to our classroom; I was welcomed by a sudden hug. I was surprised. Murmurs can be heard around the room.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

I pulled away. “What are you sorry for? I’m fine. It’s not your fault.” I gave him a sincere smile as we sat on our seats, totally ignoring the gossiping people.

“For almost losing control…”

I held his hand under our desk. “You don’t need to be sorry about that. I’m not mad or anything.”

 

Nana then entered our room.

“Yah, you! How could you hurt our Seolyeon?! I know you did that on purpose! And you have no right to tell her to stay away from us.” Sungyeol raged.

How did he know…? Oh, I should’ve known. I bet he always takes advantage of his power to eavesdrop on people.

“I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do it again.” She pouted, acting all cute and innocent.

The almighty mind reader butted in, “You’re lying.” which made Nana’s eyes widened.

“I-I…” She stuttered.

“Look here, , we don’t really care about what you want. Just don’t hurt Seolyeon and her friends.” That was Ho- everyone.

“We may look really nice, but you won’t really like it when you get into our bad side.” Dongwoo added.

 

I turned to L. “Your friends are really…” I trailed.

“Unbelievable?” He chuckled.

“Unexplainable.” I corrected. “I can’t even find the right term to describe them.”

He lightly laughed. “Uhm, Seol, can you come with me later?”

“Sure, where?”

“It’s a secret.” He whispered.

I eyed him playfully. He poked my forehead with his point finger and said “Clean that dirty mind of yours.”

“Yah! I’m not thinking anything dirty! I was being suspicious, babo. What if you’re plotting my death by now, hm?”

“Oh, really? Should I ask Sunggyu-hyung if that’s what really in your mind?”

“Whatever, Kim Myungsoo.” I rolled my eyes and faced the front.

He just ruffled my hair before facing the front as our teacher arrived.