Chapter 47

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in brown is spoken in English. The rest is in Korean

 

Jaejoong POV

 

Guess what? Dean Winchester is a TV series character; Reya’s favourite. How did I forget?! She always watches Supernatural. I have to admit, that guy is handsome. Thank god that actor is married. If not, I would have never has a chance with her and would have died a bachelor. I still don’t like that guy being her laptop wallpaper though…….

Now I have to find the perfect time to confess to her. I’m actually scared. I will lose my mind if she distances herself from me after the confession. But I have to do it. It’s becoming difficult to bottle everything up in me. I nearly cried in public yesterday listening to Tao joke. I just made it obvious to everyone that I’m in love with her. No, that I’m crazy about her. I hope Kris realised it too. They’re just friends, but everyone keeps on talking like they’re something more and I’m afraid that the unnecessary talk will change their feelings. I NEED TO CONFESS TO HER THIS WEEK.

I’ve been staring at my reflection, holding my toothbrush, thinking about this girl. Taking a deep breath to calm my rising heart rate, I went on to brushing my teeth.

When I was about to put on my blazer the doorbell rang. I headed to the door whilst putting it on. Checking on the screen, my lips formed a smile looking at the person on the other side. Quickly rushing back to the room I checked my look. Satisfied, I opened the door.

“Oppa, good morning” She smiled. Greeting her back I let her in.

“So, my dad wanted to talk to you. Yeah, so you ready?” I nodded. Then panic struck me

“YOUR DAD? WHY?! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?”

“Ouch! My ears!” She covered her ears. “Why are you freaking out? Why do you sound so scared oppa?”

She was about to dial and I immediately pulled the phone away.

“Why didn’t you give me a heads up?” I started to sweat. That’s my girl’s dad. I need to make a proper first impression, even if it’s just a call.

Reya showed her index finger for me to come closer. I leant towards her. She cupped my face. “Hey, it’s just dad. Kris made him guilty for not talking to you. So he wants to talk to you. No biggie. I’ll be right next to you the whole time. Ok? And talk in English.”

How could one touch and a simple smile increase my pulse and calm me at the same time? Taking a deep breath I nodded and gave her the phone.

“Do you prefer it to be in speaker?” I nodded. She dialled. I pulled her closer for her to lean on me. She tensed, but calmed down and leaned on me.

*call starts*

Hello

Dad, It’s me. You’re on speaker. He’s freaking out.I glared at her. She stuck her tongue out in response.

Oh. Is that so? I heard him laughIt’ll keep it short then. So, Mr. Jaejoong isn’t it?

Yes sir. Good morning to you sir.

Good morning to you too. I just wanted to thank you for looking after the trouble maker for so long, even though it’s a bit late for that.

No, not at all sir. You needn’t thank me. I did my duty. Plus she made things interesting in here.I looked at her as she nudged me.

Really? She seems to always fall into some trouble everywhere. Still nothing yet. That’s good.

No. Nothing yet. Well none of us will let her fall into any trouble. So please don’t worry.

“Daddy, I don’t fall into trouble. Don’t lie. I held her closer, my hands now around her waist.

I would love to meet you personally son. Hopefully that day will be soon.son?!

Daddy, he’s turned to stone after you called him son.She did not tell him that!

No sir. Reya’s lying.I nearly yelled at the phone trying to shut this girl’s mouth.

You’re behaving like Kris when I first spoke to him. No wonder she’s close with you. And stop calling me sir. Call me uncle, like Kris and Tao do.I smiled.

Yes uncle and I’ll meet you soon for sure.To ask your permission to marry your daughter.

Well, I guess you are on your way to work. So take care.

Take care uncle.

“Bye daddy.

Give my regards to Kris and Tao

Yep. Talk to you later daddy. Say hi to mom for me.

*call ends*

 

“See, that wasn’t bad. You just freaked out for no reason.” I let go of her waist and she turned to face me. “And now you’re grinning for no reason”

Gently flicking her forehead I answered “That’s because I’m happy that your dad was friendly with me.”

“You’re so cute oppa. Anyway it’s getting late to work. See you in the evening.” She turned to the door.

“Reya-ah” She turned. I hugged her tight sighing blissfully breathing her scent.

“Why are you in the hugging mood?”

“Just shut up and hug me back lady”

 

In the evening…..

Reya POV

 

We’re in the rooftop. These two seem to love it up here too. They seem to have gotten a new designing contract. Since they’re here (thanks to my pestering) all work is happening via skype. I actually felt bad for them. Apparently they are needed in Japan, both of them, to meet some foreign investors. So I told them to leave to Japan.

“Are you sure Reya?”

No. “Yes Kris. Go. Work is important.”

“Mei, if you like him, please don’t hide it. Who knows he might be ready to stop this marriage madness once he knows how you feel about him.”

“So you prefer me being with him, not with Kris?” I raised my brow leaning on my left leg.

He gulped because Kris turned to him too, standing beside me. Yep, we’re teasing Tao again!

“Mei, I want you to end up with whoever you are in love with.”

Kris and I frowned.

“Although I ship you two.”

“He finally admitted it!” Kris and I hi-fived.

“Please don’t get all lovey dovey now. I can’t bear it anymore.”

 

 

 

“Who’ll get all lovey dovey?”

 

 

 

Crap. It’s Kim Jaejoong……..

How come he always jumps into the scene whenever we’re teasing each other?

This is going to be a very long evening.

 


A/N: I'm sorry Tao, but Jae might kill you now

26 Oct 2015