Chapter 24

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS

 

Jaejoong POV

 

“Oppa this place is so beautiful!” Jessica was totally in love with my mom’s arrangements.

“.. and romantic!”

Romantic my ! If she thinks that a dinner facing the ocean that cannot be even seen right now, surrounded my candle lights- Ok it looks romantic, but it doesn’t feel like it. What part of “I don’t want to marry” doesn’t this woman understand! No wonder Min calls her a brat. Why is my mom trying to force me into this marriage, especially when I finally have someone that I love? Just because I listen to what she says, it doesn’t mean she-

“Oppa, why are you still standing? Enjoying the view?” Jessica asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

What friggin view is there? I do see Yoochun in the other corner. Wait, the rest are here too. But not Ray. What is she doing now? Where is she now? Don’t disturb her Jaejoong. She deserves some time out. That girl is always working. Oh how much I wish I was Kris!!!

“Oppa, why aren’t you ordering? Are you unwell?” Jessica got up to feel my forehead, but I immediately stopped her. What is with her and disturbing my thoughts?

“No, just thinking. And I simply want mixed noodles thank you” I told the waiter who left.

The whole time she kept on talking about this and that. It was actually annoying. I sent Reya a message. I couldn’t help it. She immediately replied

Oppa I’m at the beach now waiting for that palm tree to come. She’s alone?

I immediately excused myself and called her.

“And here I was thinking you’re busy with Jessica”

“Well hello to you too Miss. I-won’t-bid-on-anyone.”

“That’s a good one Mr. I-love-applying-makeup.”

“Anyways why are you alone? Do you want be to pick you up?”

“No, no need. Besides aren’t you with Jessica? You shouldn’t leave your date.” I know that teasing tone too well

“She’s not my date. She bought me.” I didn’t like her telling that anyways.

“Well you were on sale…”

“Reya.. I’ll hunt you down and punish you for real.”

“Your punishments are really creative. Can’t wait for it.” Can I just marry you right now? You’re driving me nuts. “So you didn’t like the auction then?” She asked.

“Nope”

 “And here I was thinking I should have bid on you….” What did she just say now?

“Reya, stop joking. You sure you’ll be safe?”

 “Oppa I’m with Kris, not with some unknown freak. Have no fear.”

“Ok. But if there’s anything. I’m one call away. Understood?”

“Wow, cut the act oppa. You sound like I’m your girlfriend.” Darn right, you’re mine! “I know she’s a brat but isn’t it rude to leave her for this long oppa?”  

“I can’t bear listening to her! Did you just call her a brat?”

“I have always called her a brat. Why? You don’t like it?”

“Haha no! You’re actually right. I just realised it today though.” I heard her laugh.

“But annoying her will fun too. Nah, don’t do it. Let’s do it together. It’ll tick her more.” 

“You’re really something you know?” She continued to laugh in response.

Then I heard his deep voice, “Bǎobèi, you know the rules right No phones during dates!”

 “Hey talk to you later, the tower’s here. Bye! Good night oppa. Sleep well!” And she ended the call

 

Even though I hated it, what Ray told was true. So I went back to Jessica with a fake smile.

“Oppa why were you missing for so long? I missed-”

“I’m just here because you bought me to have dinner. Have I made myself clear?”

She nodded and continued to eat.

 


 

It wasn’t easy to sleep. I twisted and turned wanting to know where she is. I didn’t call her though. Don’t wanna look clingy. Soon, tiredness took over, and I woke up in the morning.

 


 

We came to the restaurant for breakfast. The ladies were in one table and we were in the table next to theirs. Omma and appa joined us too. The three friends were missing. Aileen came and sat in our table, right beside me. Appa asked her to join the talk with the ladies

“Thank you uncle, but I rather not. I’m not a big fan of gossiping”

“You just proved to be Ray’s friend” Junsu stated, everyone laughed and nodded in agreement.

“We are very alike, that’s why Kris and Tao instantly got attached to her.”

“So where’s this Miss Reya? After yesterday, I really want to talk to her.” Appa asked

“It’s very rare for the three to be together on holiday. Tao joined those two in the morning. Must be planning some prank by now” She smiled. Wow, Kris is a prankster?

We ate. Aileen excused herself out. So did appa and Junsu’s girl. That’s when I overheard,

“They’re friends for a long time. And it seemed that Kris provoked her by calling her Ice Princess.” Omma said.

I was all ears, so was Changmin. Junsu and Yoochun turned towards the ladies, who didn’t notice our sudden eager to listen to their conversation.

“She and Tao are actually really cute, very overprotective of each other.” True that.

“Do you think Kris is attracted to her? More than a friend?” The other three grinned at me.

“Well that’s possible. She actually looked very beautiful. She is part Asian right?” I smiled.

“Her mom is South Asian. The father is British I think.” Omma informed the rest.

“That explains her features and her slight tan skin.”  Jessica commented.

“Can’t these old hags and that brat actually talk something useful? They’re getting on my nerves” Changmin whispered clearly annoyed. Yunho glared at him for calling Jessica a brat. The conversation continued around the friendship.

“Well she is perfect for Kris. He finally met his match.” Junsu nudged me. I was about to hit him when

“I think she has slept with Kris.” The hell?! Who said that?

“THAT’S IT!” Changmin stood up startling them and us. “What right do you have to comment on that girl? Do you know her personally? Have you old hags even spoken with her?”

SILENCE.

Omma and Jessica looked at me. I ignored their glare and focused on Min.

“Shim Changmin! Don’t you think it’s rude to interrupt a conversation, especially when we’re elders?” His mom scolded him.

“A conversation? This?” He scoffed. “More like gossiping!” He paused, controlling his anger. “You have no clue what your loving obedient daughters do in the clubs every Friday!” He said eyeing one woman specifically. “Just because Kris holds her close doesn’t mean that she’s sleeping with him. Hell! Even Junsu hyung holds her close. Didn’t you see yesterday? Does it mean he’s cheating on Heymi noona? This is disgusting! Talking behind that girl’s back! Can you even be considered high class?”

“Shut up Changmin, this is wrong! Apologize to the elders NOW!” Jessica yelled at him

“Jessica, why are you interfering now?” Junsu asked.

“I think what Min said is right. She’s a very sweet girl. I disagree what you say about her aunty.” Yoochun added, standing

“Oppa, you too? Yunho oppa, make Changmin apologize!” Jessica stomped towards him.

“WHY MUST HE? HE TOLD THE TRUTH!” Now everyone was stunned at my statement.

“I’m actually ashamed of you Jessica for letting them talk about that girl like that when you’ve actually interacted with her.”

And I left the place. Changmin followed me suit. The other two disappeared elsewhere leaving Yunho, a stunned Jessica and the guilt-filled gossipers.

 

We stood at the gate leading to the beach.

“Hyung, I see 3 options for this to stop.” I turned to him

“One – let Kris take her”

“NO! OVER MY DEAD BODY!” I screamed nearly deafening the tall man.

“So you love her?” I nodded “Then man up and confess to her. And let the others know how you feel too.”

“I’ll lose my mind if she rejects me Min. I need her beside me. She isn’t in love with me, not yet.”

“So you think she likes you?”

“She is attracted to me. Kris hanging around her is distracting her.” I sighed in defeat

“Wow, you ! Then make it more than an attraction you !” I nodded. ?

“Shim Changmin! You dare to call me that?!” I nearly smacked his head. Wait a minute..

“What’s the third option?”

“Oh that..” He grinned. “I was thinking…. if you don’t confess and if Kris and she are just friends, you know, I can make a move”

“Oh…”

 

 

“WHAT THE HELL?! I’M KILLING YOU TODAY CHANGMIN!”

And I chased him towards the beach

 


A/N: Nope, nothing to comment

Enjoyed the chapter? Do comment. It really helps me get more ideas. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *cute puppy eyes*

08 Sept 2015