Chapter 38

Wait... I'm not marrying her?????

A/N: THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS! Sorry I forgot to update yesterday

Happy October guys!!! Zhang Yixing's birthday is coming soon!!!! I'll stop fangirling now

 

Jaejoong POV

 

The agreement was successfully signed. Kris and I shook hands at the end. I didn’t drop Reya to work today. Kris was there to pick her up. To be truthful, it scares me how good these two look together. What Aileen said was true, they’ve got the chemistry. Hopefully it’s just the outward appearance and they’re just platonic. Becuase I can’t live without her. It's just three months since I met her and I feel like I've know her for an eternity. I will have to accept that there will be two other men who will do anything for her just like myself. Why can’t they just leave her? How can people be this close in four years?

Reya didn’t join us for lunch. Tao told me that she’s going out with her co-workers. But Kris wasn’t here too. I'm positive that he’s with her.

I didn’t talk to her yet. I don’t know what to talk to her. I was so confident to talk to her in the morning, to ask her what happened the other day, but her one look shut me up completely. She smiled at me apologizing that Kris will take her to work. I simply nodded back controlling myself to not grin like an idiot after hearing her voice. My stomach knotted, feeling butterflies and I’m sure I skipped a couple of breaths looking at her smile.

Conclusion: She’s got me under a spell and I don’t want to get out of it.

 

Onew knocked my door, snapping me from thinking about Reya.

“Hyung, we found her.”

He showed me the video.

“She’s the one?” I pointed at a woman in her late 30s waiting for someone.

What shocked me is that she stopped Reya and guided her to a corner. After a couple of minutes she left, leaving a stunned Reya. Although it wasn’t clear, I could see Reya’s hand slightly stretched. She was given the pen drive? Why didn’t she tell me when I told her what happened?

“So bring that employee to me.”

“Sir, she resigned.”

“What?”

“That was the last day she came to work. She had given the resignation to Mr. Song a week before. She was his secretary. We’re contacting her right now.”

So Reya gave it to Tao. No wonder they didn’t disclose any information. How can that woman give confidential information to a stranger?

 


 

Nearing the end of the day, Changmin came in.

“Hyung that woman is crazy. I swear I would have fired her if she were still working!”

“That woman decided to give out the information to them because she thought we wouldn’t do anything with it.” He further explained

“What nonsense is that?”

“Well Mr. Song has continuously boasted that he’ll be in-laws with the Kims.”

“What?” He glared at me. Jessica! Of course

“No thanks to your lovely arranged marriage, she decided to give it to them. What was she thinking? Thank god it was Reya whom she gave it to.”

“You know we shouldn’t just leave her like that Min”

The others came in.

“Who said about leaving her? I’ll make sure she will not get a proper job in Seoul or even in Korea.” Typical Changmin

“Do Kris and Tao know about this?” I asked

“We’ve informed them. No problem hyung” Yoochun replied.

“Now that the office problem is solved.” Taking a deep breath, placing his hands on my desk Changmin leant towards me. What other problem is there?

“Hyung, your days being single are numbered. The question is with whom you will end up with. Jessica or Reya? Answer me now.”

“Reya of course!” I nearly yelled at him.

“So, Operation: Make Reya fall in love with Kim Jaejoong starts from today” A really excited Junsu announced.

I couldn’t help but smile at him. I’m so lucky to have them as my friends.

“Enough being thankful for having us as your friends hyung. Just cook us food instead.” Friggin mindreading Shim Changmin

Yoochun stepping forward, “Today you and Reya are going shopping to buy all our necessities for the week.”

“So get that lazy off and go have a wash” Yunho pulled me out of my seat.

“Yes sir” I saluted them and made my way to the parking.

 

Reya POV

 

I came home on my own today. The agreement’s signed.  Tao’s going to be really busy since he’s in charge. Kris hopefully won’t go back to China. I need him more now. He’s the only one who can help me. I know I sound selfish, but I can’t help it. I want Kim Jaejoong out of my life. Coming home, I took a much needed wash while blasting my speakers with all my favourite music. Jaejoong didn’t talk to me today. I have to admit, I missed him.

Dancing to my music after having a wash (I know that’s crazy) I suddenly heard some banging. Reducing the sound, I rushed to the door to meet four worried looking faces.  

“What were you doing? We thought something happened to you!” Yunho nearly yelled at me.

“I was listening to songs. Didn’t hear the doorbell. Sorry.”

“The phone?” Changmin questioned

“Oh.. Didn’t hear the ringtone. Sorry” I gave them the cutest smile possible.

“Well enough with the music. You’re now going shopping.” Yoochun informed.

“Here are our shopping lists. Buy them for us. We’re busy with work.” Junsu gave me four pieces of paper.

“What the hell? Why me? Why suddenly?”

“Come on Ray, we usually take turns to buy our shopping each week. Now since you’re part of our gang, you’ll do it today.” Changmin answered

I furrowed my brows. I didn’t believe this crap. So they don’t know about that woman’s plans? They were just smiling at me in return. Giving up I checked the list.

“You guys are crazy! I can’t buy all this! I need someone with me. Yunho oppa, come with me pleaseeeeeee” I begged him with puppy eyes.

He was nearly giving in, or I thought so. But he shook his head sideways. All of them refused. Wait.. Jaejoong wasn’t here. No don’t ask him Reya.

“Ok. I’ll call Kris then. He’ll be free” No he isn’t. New Japanese clients. He’s getting ready for a presentation.

“NO!!!!!” All chorused.  What the hell?! Do they hate my Kris?

“Why are you always depending on him? Is he your boyfriend?” Yunho asked

“What if he is?” They stood shocked. Sighing, I asked “Then who am I to ask? Who? Jaejoong oppa?”

“I don’t know. Try asking him.” Yoochun suggested.

So much for talking to him about his mother tonight!

“I hate all of you” I glared at them and called him.

 


A/N: And I updated! *drum rolls*

Think that their plan will be a success or a total mess?

1 Oct 2015