The mirror

Twice couples one shot collection

Chaeda one shot

*** Horror/supernatural one shot requested by my cute Dongsaeng. If you’re like me and don’t like this type of genre I suggest not to read it!!! I hate horror but I wanted to try a different writing style and also because my cute dongsaeng loves horror so much…

Chaeyoung was having trouble sleeping the past few months. She would have the same night mare over and over again. But the trouble wasn’t just nightmares. She didn’t know if it was because of the lack of sleep or if she was going crazy but she was seeing things. More like a person, a single person. A girl who had pale skin and long dark black hair wearing a white gown. She looked really pretty but intimidating and scary at the same time. (Imagine the Dahyun in Got7’s hajima) Chaeyoung was actually very scared because she seemed like she was a ghost. She couldn’t see the girl’s feet and she was floating off the ground whenever she saw her.

There she was again, in the middle of Chaeyoung’s room. Just standing there staring at her with an icy cold look and dark hair covering half of her face. As scared as she was, Chaeyoung also wanted to tuck the locks of hair that was covering the girl’s face behind her ear. This whole sensation of feelings she was feeling wasn’t supposed to happen. Chaeyoung felt scared, worried, shivers and coldness along with a sense of comfort, happiness and a sheer of pure warmness whenever she saw the girl. She couldn’t go near the girl but she couldn’t run away either. It was like she was seeing a nightmare during daytime too. Since the girl would be everywhere, following her as Chaeyoung spent her day.

But what creeped Chaeyoung the most was when she used a mirror. Whether it be a mirror in her room that she bought a couple months ago or the bathroom mirror, the same phenomenon would happen. Well, there were two. But they both revolved around the girl. Chaeyoung was so scared she covered up the mirrors but they would always be taken off the next day. She tried to avoid the mirrors as much as possible especially when she wasn’t at home like at school.

One day, Chaeyoung forgot to cover the mirrors before she took a shower. She cursed herself as she saw blood dripping from the shower head and blood splattered everywhere. She looked in the mirror carefully to see the same image as usual. Blood streaked onto her face and body and the pale girl who always wore white be covered in blood as well. One difference was that the girl had an arrow stuck in her heart. Chaeyoung always saw this when she there’s a mirror in a bathroom or water related. In the other mirror, the image wasn’t as bad. Although you can’t say it’s the most pleasant image either. It’s worse enough to leave you in a nightmare.

However, the images and supernatural occurrences had started to escalate in the past week. Before it was just the mirror and the girl stalking her around. Now Chaeyoung was able to see other spirits and other images. Such as incidents that were happening around her neighborhood. Like the recent murder or theft that happened in the area. Chaeyoung saw all of it before it happened. It was like déjà vu when she saw it on the news. But not really since she actually did see the images. The most frustrating thing for her though was that she knew everything about it but she couldn’t recklessly tell people about it. She had no proof what so ever and she didn’t want to be on the hit list for these crazy culprits. Chaeyoung was so immersed in trying to forget or prevent these cases that she payed less attention to the girl and mirrors. Instead of the same old nightmare she was having, they were replaced by the supernatural occurrences that were haunting her at the moment.

So it completely threw Chaeyoung off when her bathroom mirror broke one day when she took a shower. The mirror in which she had completely forgotten to cover the past few weeks. Since she hasn’t seen or bothered to look in the mirror, when she did through the broken shards of the glass, the bloody scene was starting to disperse in front of her again. Chaeyoung screamed in frustration and quickly got out of the shower, when she did the girl was waiting for her with a sorrow expression on her face. It pained Chaeyoung’s heart for some reason. Maybe because it was the first time she saw the girl having an expression. Since she always looked emotionless. Maybe Chaeyoung was wrong all this time. That she was judging the poor girl just because she wasn’t human and had no expression on. However that thought only lasted a moment as she met eyes with the mirror in her room. The mirror she had bought about half a year ago. This time Chaeyoung had seen an image she had never seen before. It was herself. She was never in these images. Chaeyoung’s insides were all twisted and she felt super nauseous and disgusted at the sight. Her head had started throbbing.

Now that Chaeyoung thought about it, she noticed all the bad nightmares and these freaky events started happening ever since she bought the mirror at that weird shop. Chaeyoung quickly grabbed her stuff to go see the shop owner about the mirror but the store was gone.

“Excuse me, wasn’t there an antique shop here a few months ago?” Chaeyoung asked a nearby person.

“Antique shop? There hasn’t been a shop in this place for decades. Ever since the owner lady or something got murdered here.”

“Oh… Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

A cold chill ran through Chaeyoung’s spine. She was sure the store location was here. She was 100% sure of it. Since it was across the ice cream shop she sometimes went to. She turned around to make sure and surely the ice cream shop was there, along with the long dark haired girl who was actually smiling today. Another chill ran through her spine along with it a sense of comfort. Chaeyoung became frustrated and angry upon seeing her again. She ran back home and went straight to the mirror.

“Get away from me!!! It all started once I bought the mirror!!! I shouldn’t have bought it damn it!” Chaeyoung shouted as she broke the mirror. As she did though, all these images and dialogues flashed in her mind. They all involved the girl that was around her that few months.

She finally realized that the girl was her lover in the past. In her life before this. Tears couldn’t stop streaming from Chaeyoung’s face as she regretted what she did in her past life and breaking the mirror right now. Dahyun was trying to tell her all this time to remember her and now it was too late. A sharp pain then suddenly crushed throughout her body and the world in front of her went pitch black.

The end

 

Author's note:

Here it is! I don't know if I was able to satisfy your expectations but hope you like it.... I'm sorry that its short though. I am really bad in this type of genre.