My (Fake) Hero (MiMo)

Twice couples one shot collection

My (Fake) Hero

One shot requested by @myungsuoo ^^

My good AFF buddy! Hope you like it

Myoui Mina is a first year university student at an all-girls prestigious university called St. Lucia in Japan. She had been going to St. Lucia since elementary and she went straight all the way to university. She was majoring in pre-dental, hoping to become a dentist in the future.

Mina was a perfect lady in every way and all the students at St. Lucia’s looked up to her. She had many fans outside of her school too and was very popular. The only flaw she had that nobody knew was that she was scared to interact with boys. Except for her 4 close friends. Being at an all girl’s school in her whole life, Mina never had the chance to speak or interact with them other than her brother. She has never been in a relationship before.

Although she has never been in a relationship before. She has fallen in love before. Mina actually still is in love with that person. It was an unrequited love for her. He was a student at the all boy’s school next to their school. His name was Hirai Momo. Everyone, knew who he was because he was the most popular boy at St. Lucia and Hirai academy, which is the boy’s school next door. Yes, Hirai Momo was the great grandson of the person who established Hirai academy, which now owns St. Lucia’s as well. He is known to be the next successor of the two schools. Of course, the two school’s had interactions but Mina never went to those parties because she hated them. Plus she knew, Momo only comes in the beginning to say a short speech and then leaves as well so for her, if he wasn’t staying, there was no point in going. She first met him, when she was a first year student in high school. He had dropped his student ID and Mina ran over to where he was to give it back because he wouldn’t be able to go inside the school without it. Well, he probably would have been able to because he was THE HIRAI MOMO but Mina didn’t know his identity back then. He was still short that time, about the same height as her but still had his hair dyed blonde and had a bright smile when she gave him his ID back. She then soon learned who he was not just because she saw his information on his ID but also because her friends excitingly explained who he was when she described the incident to them. She learned that he usually had a fake business smile on and was a player, flirting with guys and girls both, which she didn’t like. But she still couldn’t forget the genuine smile he gave her that day and it kept bothering her. She told herself over and over again that since he was the first boy she ever interacted with that she was just interested. However, she couldn’t deny her feelings for him anymore when she saw him helping another girl from her school getting bothered by delinquents.

It had been 4 years since she started liking him. During those 4 years, there still has been no interaction between them. Mina has been too shy to approach him, but yet she still knew everything about him because of paparazzi’s, rumors and her friends especially, Sana. Who was known as the date queen from middle school until the end of second year in high school. The reason is because she would never go steady with anyone and would go on dates just to get treated. So some girls and boys called her the devil heart breaker. Everyone in St. Lucia’s and Hirai academy was really surprised when she announced she was going out with someone. When she made the announcement in front of the gates of the two academy’s everyone’s mouth was hanging open including Mina’s. Because one, Sana never went on a date with the same person more than 3 times (except for Hirai Momo because of Mina’s request) 2, she never went out with anyone before, 3 the guy was younger than her.

Well what do you mean by Mina’s request you say? Let me explain. That day when Mina picked up his student ID, she was totally not herself, spaced out during class the whole day. So when it became afterschool, her friends had to fish it out of her because Mina never lost her composure as a role model student.

*flashback*

“Yah!! Myoui Mina!! Are you alright??? Wake up!!” Im Nayeon, a girl with cute bunny teeth told her.

“W-what?! I am awake.” Mina told her.

“Physically yes. But your head is technically in the clouds somewhere.” Jihyo chuckled.

“You better spill it Mina. It’s for your own good.” Sana told her.

“Ok, ok. Not here though. Rooftop?” Mina whispered and the other 3 nodded.

The 4 of them were best friends since elementary school, with another girl Son Chaeyoung who was a year younger. All of them liked the rooftop and made a secret hideout there. The middle school and high school were connected so Chaeyoung usually joined the 4 during lunch breaks and after school.

“So, since we’re here at the rooftop so spill.” Sana told her.

“Wait Chaeyoungie is not here yet.” Mina told her. Sana and Nayeon were becoming impatient by the minute and Jihyo was trying to calm them down.

“Sorry I’m late guys!!” Chaeyoung told them, running out of breath.

“You better be.” Sana and Nayeon told her, earning a dangerous glare from Jihyo.

“It’s ok. You have to come all the way from the middle school complex. Even though it’s connected, I know there’s quite a distance.” Mina told her patting her head.

“Mina, hurry up and explain. Some of us haven’t got all day.” Sana said

“What she said, but hers is just another date so don’t bother.” Nayeon said rolling her eyes.

Before Sana could counter, Mina started to tell the incidents of her story.

“This morning, I had to get to school early to get some paperwork ready for the meeting I had at lunch today. So I went to school earlier than usual when a boy from Hirai academy passed me but he dropped his student ID. “

Flashback of the morning’s incident

Mina picked up the ID in front of her. She saw the name and face on the ID card. It read Hirai Momo. She looked at the boy in front of her and chased after him. He needed the ID to go inside the school. She rushed over to where he was and grabbed his sleeve just in time. She tugged on it and he looked back with a surprised look on his face.

“I-I think you dropped this.” Mina told him.

“Eh? Uh I think I did, thank you.” He grinned sheepishly as he looked for his Id in his uniform pockets.

“I’m glad it was yours. I was worried if it was or not. Now you can go inside your school too.” Mina said and as she turned to leave, the boy grabbed her by the wrist. Which made Mina’s heart flutter like crazy since she had never been in contact with a boy before.

“Uhm, I don’t have much time and this is the only thing I have right now so please take it as a thank you gift. Plus, this early on the morning, I don’t think you had breakfast either so I’ll give you this too. Don’t worry I got it for my sister but she told me it wasn’t her style. If you don’t like it you can throw it away. And the breakfast bar, I got another one so don’t worry.” He told her as he handed her the things and smiled, before walking away.

She looked at the items he gave her. It was a cereal bar and a pink stone bracelet which was Mina’s style. Her heart was beating really fast as she stared at the boy’s back who had just gotten inside the school.

End of flashback of the morning’s incident

“Did you just say Hirai Momo?!” Nayeon yelled.

“Y-Yeah? Do you know him?” Mina asked confused.

“He’s the most popular boy around here!” Jihyo then shouted.

“You’re so lucky~! Was his friends also with him? ”Nayeon eagerly asked.

“No he was alone.” Mina then looked at Chaeyoung and Sana worryingly because they haven’t uttered a single word yet.

“Do you like him?” Sana suddenly asked.

“Eh? Eh?” Mina asked back surprised.

“It seems like you are interested that’s for sure. Mina, he’s a play boy though. My date later, it’s him. I’m not interested in him though so don’t worry! I’ll cancel it if you want!” Sana told her.

“No! It’s ok. I’m just flustered since he’s the first boy who’s ever talked to me. I don’t like him. You don’t have to cancel your date just because I’m kind of curious about him.” Mina replied back, her face blushing.

“To make the date more fun, Mina I’ll try to get some information about him so you can know more about him. Then you can see if you like him or not. Or I can set you up with a date with him? Yeah that’s even better!” Sana exclaimed, excited on her own.

“Sana no. I can’t have a date with him. But I do want to know more about him. Can you please ask things for me instead?”

“Ok Mina if you say so…”

** End of Flashback

That is how Sana went on a date more than 3 times besides her boyfriend. Which made other people suspect they were dating but both of them denied they were only friends. But who could blame them? They looked so good together. Even Mina admits so. Then Sana started dating Momo’s junior who was also one year younger than them. Mina was glad because she was a little bit jealous.

She still thought about it like right now, what if Sana hadn’t started dating her boyfriend now. Would Sana and Momo have dated instead? She shook the thoughts out of her head. Sana and her boyfriend had been surprisingly been together for 3 years now. There was no way that would have happened. In order to get her thoughts away from Momo again, Mina quickened her pace to get to university. Luckily it was still early that no one would see her face all red. Why was Mina going to school early even though she had no morning classes that day? She was waiting for Momo. Since he came to school early, she wanted to get there before him and confess to him. Although they only talked that one time, and Mina was sure she would get rejected, she couldn’t keep the feelings she had inside for 4 years any longer. It hurt, when she saw other girls, hitting on him. St. Lucia’s and Hirai academy were separate schools next to each other but the University campus had the same cafeteria. So whenever she saw him there, she always saw him with many girls surrounding him.

Mina was so preoccupied with getting to school faster that she didn’t realize a car was headed towards her. Not that it was her fault. The signal for her to walk was green while the car’s signal was red. She didn’t realize until someone shouted, “Abunai!! (It’s dangerous)” until she noticed the car was coming at her. She was the then tackled from behind and heard the screeching of brakes. When she opened her eyes, she felt something soft under her and was surprised to see her crush holding on to her. She abruptly left his embrace in surprise.

The driver of the car came out, “Oh my!! Are you two ok? Let me call the ambulance.”

“It’s ok. I’m not that hurt.” The boy said but winced in pain when he tried to stand up.

“Mister, can you please take us to Myoui Hospital than calling an ambulance? It would cause less attention and this is front of a university. It will get in the way of people commuting to class if we call an ambulance now.” Mina told them as she noticed, more people were starting to come as the early class starts soon.

“Yeah that will be better.” The boy replied also.

“Ok, I’ll take you two to the hospital. Hop inside the car.” The man told him. As the man helped her crush get inside the car, Mina made a phone call.

“Mom? It’s me Mina. I know the clinic isn’t open yet but can Dad look over someone? I was about to get into an accident and this boy helped me. He got hurt. I’ll tell you the details later. I’m heading over there right now. Bye.” Mina said as she hung up and got in the car with him.

The first few minutes of the car ride was silent. Until Mina finally mustered the courage to speak up.

“I’m sorry.”

“What for?”

“For getting you hurt like this. It was my fault for not paying attention.”

“Kids, it’s neither of your guys’ fault. It should be me. I was the careless man in a rush to get to work.” The older man suddenly spoke.

“Oh my gosh, I shouldn’t have asked you for a ride than! It’s ok you can drop us off here, I’ll manage taking him somehow!” Mina told him.

“It’s ok. I was already late anyway. Plus my boss wouldn’t be mad at me. I did my job like I was supposed to.” The old man grinned mischievously looking at them through the mirror.

They soon arrived at the clinic, which is a clinic Mina’s parents owned. She thanked the driver for taking them and helped him get inside the hospital. Her mother was waiting for them at the lobby and helped them to the nearest examination room.

Mina’s dad was already there, and he took X-rays and CT scans of the boy. Mina just watched as her dad scribbled furiously on his clipboard. He looked up and sighed, which made Mina worry.

“I’m sorry that my clumsy daughter got you into this trouble, Hirai-kun. You have to be casted for about 3 months. Until then no hard exercising. I’m not sure if you can enter for summer tournament now. But I can refer you to a sports doctor, a friend of mine who could probably help you heal faster.” Her dad told him. Mina was so confused about what he was talking about.

“It’s ok. I’m still a first year, I have 3 more years. I would have cursed myself if I didn’t help your daughter. I would like you to refer me to your friend please. “Momo told him. Mr. Myoui just nodded and wrote more things on the clipboard.

“Dad what do you mean by summer tournament?” Mina asked, unable to hold in her curiosity.

“Tsk tsk Mina. He’s the new star rookie in the basketball team of Hirai University! He can’t play for a while because he’s fractured a bone in his leg. You know there’s the nationals in the summer. We always go watch. How could you not know who he is when we go watch very year?!” Mr. Myoui scolded her.

Mina felt really guilty now. She knew he had joined the basketball team but didn’t know he was the star. She should have paid more attention! But then she was avoiding him when she can recently because she wanted to not develop any more feelings for him then she already was.

“S-sorry Hirai-kun. I got too excited. I’m a really big fan of the ostriches since like forever. I used to be part of them you know. I really respected your father, who was captain of our team. If you have a chance, since I know he is busy, will you say Myoui Akira says Hi and that we should have dinner sometime?” He asked.

“It’s ok Dr. Myoui, I’m a big fan too. I’m surprised we didn’t see each other at the games before because my family goes every year too. I will relay the message to my father so please do not worry.” Momo replied.

“Thank you. I will go call Dr.Minatozaki. I will also get your prescriptions ready too. Please wait here” Dr.Myoui told them as he went out of the room.

“I’m really sorry, Hirai-kun.” Mina said, her face down. She really couldn’t face him. Now she was ruined since she had hurt the person who she liked and that he will hate her now because of this. Her plan of confessing had all went down the drain. Since she can’t even confess at all now.

“Don’t be sorry, it wasn’t your fault that you almost got into an accident.”

“But if I had paid attention more to my surroundings, this wouldn’t have happened!!”

“Accidents happen and if I didn’t save you, you could have died. Don’t cry. It’s not your fault.” Momo said as he wiped Mina’s tears with a handkerchief.

“Sorry. I shouldn’t be even the one crying. I’m really thankful that you saved me. I will pay for your hospital expenses so please forgive me.” Mina told him.

“I told you it wasn’t anyone’s fault and I’m not mad at you. You said you will pay for my expenses but it will be from your parents, not you right?” Momo said perhaps a little too harshly as Mina said nothing and lowered her head.

“I’m sorry, that came off a little too harsh then expected. I’m already in debt that your parents are referring me to a sports doctor and that they are trying to help me in the best that they can even though that may be their job.” Momo said which made Mina look up.

“Will it be ok then, if I paid the expenses out of my own pocket?” Mina asked with hopeful eyes. She felt really guilty and wanted to do something for him at least.

“No. It was my own carelessness that I got hurt. I should have thought about somethings when I went to save you. If you feel guilty, can you do me a favor besides paying for my expenses?” Momo asked.

“Of course!” Mina told him.

“Will you be my fake girlfriend for 3 months then?” He asked. Mina thought her heart had stopped. Fake Girlfriend? What did that mean? Did he want to play around with her?

“Uhh I didn’t mean it that way!” Momo yelled seeing the reaction on Mina’s face. “Uhm, how do I put it? So since I can’t really do anything for the next 3 months, I need someone to take care of me you know? Like help me move around campus, things like that. Also, my parents are trying to get me into an arranged marriage but said I don’t have to if I have a girlfriend. I can’t really ask anyone but you and I don’t want to get married yet.” Momo said sheepishly.

Mina felt even guiltier because this was a chance for her to become close to her crush. She wanted to accept not because she felt guilty but because she liked him and she didn’t like that. But it was indeed a chance for her.

“Oh I see… Uhm what do I do as a fake girlfriend?” Mina asked.

“Uhm… Not sure. Hang out, go on dates, eat together, things like that I guess?” Momo answered, blushing.

“Ah ok. Hirai-kun, do you eat in the cafeteria every day for lunch?” Mina asked although she knew.

“Yeah? Why?”

“I-I can make you an obento (packed lunch box) if you want? I make mine everyday so it wouldn’t be much to make another one.” She said shyly. 

“I would love that!” Momo’s eyes glittered and then he coughed. “Uhm, since I never really had one before. My parents are both busy with their business so I always had meals at the school cafeteria or meals my butler made.” He blushed again.

“I will make your lunch from now on then. What should we tell our friends?” Mina asked him.

“We shouldn’t let them know we’re not actually dating for real… I’ll make an announcement in front of the school tomorrow. That way no one would bother us.” Momo told her.

“Ehhh??? But that means…” Mina said surprised.

“I’m sorry I have to make you lie in front of your friends but I really need your help.” Momo told her.

“It’s ok, Hirai-kun. I agreed to this, plus I want to help you.” Mina smiled.

“Thank you, Uhm… Can we exchange numbers? I’ll come pick you up tomorrow morning before class. I’ll text you when I get there.” Momo told her. He left since Mina’s dad told him he would take him to the sports doctor he referred him to.

Mina was in total bliss that night. Not only had her crush asked her to be his girlfriend. (although it’s for a limited time only and as a fake girlfriend) but he had also texted her, earlier in the afternoon, telling her it’s not her fault and that to rest well since he will pick her up tomorrow morning. How sweet can he be? Mina thought as she laid down on her bed getting ready to sleep. She kept on looking at his text all day after that and wouldn’t stop smiling. Her parents looked at her weird but didn’t ask any questions.

The next morning, Momo picked her up like he said he would. It felt really weird sitting in a really nice car next to him, but Mina was really happy otherwise. As they approached the school, a crowd started forming around the car they were sitting in. Mina saw many students surrounding the windows and was scared and worried how they were going to get out of the car when Momo grabbed her hand. He smiled at her before getting out of the car. As he pulled her out of the car with him, many students especially girls were glaring at Mina. Every student that was present there was wondering why Momo came to school with a girl today. Momo held Mina’s hand tightly as he made his way through the crowds of students to the front of the gate. He hopped onto the platform next to the gate of the 2 schools. There was only one gate for the 2 universities unlike the younger grade campuses. Mina had to support him as he hopped on to the platform and suddenly pulled a megaphone out of nowhere.

“Good morning, everyone from Hirai University and St. Lucia’s University. As you can see (Momo raised his and Mina’s hands which he was still holding on to) I have a girlfriend now so please do not bother us anymore. If you do anything to her, I’ll make sure that you won’t be off the hook.” He said and glared at Mina’s fanboys and his fangirls before hopping back off the platform. Mina mentally told her to tell him later Momo needs to be careful since his leg is injured. As they went to his class, Mina let go of his hand in which Momo pouted. She told him that he was in crutches so holding hands would just get in the way. Mina helped him get through the rest of his day. Lunch time came, and Mina went to go pick Momo up from his class. She helped him with his books and was heading towards the cafeteria, when he grabbed her wrist.

“There’s too many people there. Plus we’re going to have unwanted attention. Let’s eat in the garden. You made bento right?” Momo asked. Mina nodded and had Momo lead the way to his favorite place in school. It was Mina’s first time to see this side of Hirai University in general and she was amazed. The classrooms were exactly like St Lucia’s just in different colors and the garden was absolutely beautiful. St. Lucia’s also did have a beautiful garden but it was too girly for Mina’s taste with many roses and pastel colored flowers. She preferred more lavender and bright colored flowers like sunflowers which Hirai University’s garden had. Momo lead them to a small nice table and Mina opened the lunch boxes she made!

“Wow they look so good!” Momo said as he popped in his mouth a fried egg roll.

“Hirai-kun, you should eat when you sit down at least.” Mina giggled, giving him his chopsticks as he sat down.

“Sorry I couldn’t resist they looked so good!” Momo winked as Mina’s heart fluttered. Mina thought she could die happily now. But felt immediately sad when she remembered, she was only his temporary girlfriend. At least he will always be her hero though. The hero who saved her life.

The two enjoyed the rest of their meal and Mina helped Momo to his class again.

“We both have one more lecture right? Let’s go home together then.” He smiled.

“Yes I only have one more lecture. I’ll come to your class when I’m done.” Mina smiled back. She couldn’t wait for her class to be done.

Momo’s driver picked them up and dropped Mina at her house. Momo told her he will text her when he gets back and promised to pick her up again the next morning. He got to his room and collapsed on the bed. Using crutches worn him out. He smiled at the day’s events including yesterdays. He couldn’t believe Mina was his girlfriend now. Although temporary he was still happy. He was determined to make her fall for him during these 3 months. Momo was slowly drifting into dreamland when he was interrupted.

Momo heard a knock on his door and let the person come in. He was surprised to see her since he hasn’t seen her in quite a while.

“Well well Miss Minatozaki, I haven’t seen you in a long time. Not after you announced you were going out with my boy Tzuyu. You better not be cheating on him.” Momo said as he sat in the chair trying to sit cross legged.

“I would never cheat on Chewy, Hirai Momo. Now spill it, what do you want from my Mina? You never go steady.”

“I would say the exact same thing to you, Miss Minatozaki. You also never went steady. Until you met Tzuyu of course. I just met someone that was for me like you did.” He smiled.

“Oh don’t you give me that business smile. And stop acting like we’re total strangers. We used to be such good friends. Since we had many similarities. I know you well enough when you’re lying or not. So spill.”

Momo sighed, “Look I really don’t have anything to spill other than the fact I’ve always liked her. There, satisfied?”

“Looks like you’re not lying so I’ll let you off the hook for now. But I’ll be back if you ever make her cry.”

“That goes for you too. If anything happens to my boy, even if it’s my good old date buddy Minatozaki Sana, I won’t let you off the hook that easily.”

 “Boys don’t cry so I’m not worried about that.” Sana smiled sweetly and left the room.

Meanwhile, Mina was wondering if she should text him or not. He said he would when he got home, but hasn’t sent her anything yet. She was just staring at her phone when it alarmed her of a text message and Mina jumped up in surprise. Her face lightened up when she saw who it was from and immediately opened it.

[Hi. Sorry it took so long. I’m home safely don’t worry]

[I’m glad you’re back home safely Hirai-kun^^]

[Thanks. Do you have any homework or essays to do tonight?]

[No, just studying. You?]

[Me too]

[I see  :D]

[I’ll pick you up tomorrow again. Good night]

[We have no school tomorrow though? It’s a holiday, Hirai-kun.]

[Oh I completely forgot about it! If you don’t have anything planned do you want to go somewhere together?]

[I would love to.]

[Alright I would pick you up tomorrow at 7am]

[Why so early? www]

[That’s a secret]

[Ok then, Mr. Secret see you tomorrow!]

[See you tomorrow too]

The two of them were looking at their phones smiling. Both of them didn’t want to end the conversation. They wished moments like these would last forever. Until they realized they had a date tomorrow. It was their first date as a “fake” couple and both of them were going crazy. They were rummaging their closets not knowing what to do for 2 hours until they decided to call their friends, Sana and Tzuyu. It was funny that both of them were going through the same problem at the exact same time but the two didn’t know it. Sana and Tzuyu who happened to be together laughed like there was no tomorrow after hanging up their calls.

It was the next morning. The day that they were both anticipating for. It was 10 minutes before 7 so Mina decided to wait outside of her house for him. His car came into view and she stood up straight from her slouched position of leaning on her house gate. Momo came out of his car along with Sana and her boyfriend, Tzuyu which surprised Mina. Before Mina can ask them anything, they ushered her into the car.

Once they all got in the car, Sana then explained that they were going on a double date to Universal Studios Japan Osaka. Which explained why they were meeting up so early in the morning. But Mina was more nervous right now and was not really listening to Sana’s explanation why they were going on a double date. Because one, Mina hated amusement parks and two, it was her first date. Sana who noticed this just smirked and told Mina it was going to be ok. What Mina didn’t realize was Momo was also sulking because of the same reasons and Tzuyu was reassuring his best friend also. The foursome then decided to take a nap in the car because it will take at least an hour to get there and also because a long day was waiting for them.

They got there before the park opened but there was already a line for the tickets. Since it was a holiday and everyone had the day off. Which was most likely why Momo had suggested a time so early. The four of them waited patiently in line as they finally were able to get their tickets. As they were waiting for the gates to open, Mina noticed they were getting a lot of attention. Well, they did have Momo and Tzuyu who were very good looking and Sana too. Mina felt embarrassed and inferior compared to the three of them when Momo suddenly pulled her close to him.

“There’s a lot of people and I don’t like the way other guys are staring at you so please bear with me. You look cute by the way. Uh I mean, you always are but more than usual.” Momo stuttered and Mina couldn’t help but smile shyly since the way he was blushing and stuttering was way too cute.

The park finally opened and when they went inside, Sana grabbed Tzuyu’s arm and suddenly bid farewell to them, which made Mina and Momo dumbfounded as Sana shouted, “It’s a date guys! Plus both of you can’t ride any of the attractions while we want to. Let’s meet up here for the parade later at 5. Until then, see you later!” Which shocked Mina because she didn’t know Momo didn’t like rides either. They both looked at each other and sheepishly grinned not knowing what to do. More people started pouring in from the gate so Momo took Mina’s hand and just led her through the park like a gentlemen would. He didn’t want to lose her but moreover didn’t want other guys to eye her. He wanted others to know that she was his.

Momo and Mina both hated amusement park rides but loved the food and are able to ride some of the rides. Like the very kiddy ones and some of the 4-d attractions they have. They decided that since they came here, might as well enjoy it and focused more on eating and taking pictures at many of the cute locations than riding on the attractions. But soon afterwards, the 2 decided to ride at least one attraction and decided to ride one that had the least sharp turns and movements.  

Even though the lines were extremely long, before they knew it, their turn had come. The two hadn’t realized the 2-3 hour wait had passed by so quickly because they were so immersed in talking over random things with each other. They noticed that even though their personalities might be polar opposites but still had a lot of things in common, for example hating amusement park rides or how they both like to eat and sleep, and that they are not morning people. The more they talked, their attraction for each other increased and were enjoying themselves more and more as time passed by forgetting the awkwardness and how nervous they were that morning.

It soon became the time for the parade and the 2 went over to where the entrance was to meet Sana and Tzuyu. They were already there and the four of them headed out towards the main street area to see the parade. Because it was the holidays, there were so many people and it was hard to get by. Luckily they were able to see the parade up-close. The parade unfortunately ended, and so the double date was also nearing to the end. They were trying to get back to the entrance so they can leave the park but so was everyone else. It was super crowded, more crowded than in the morning. Momo held Mina’s hand again so they wouldn’t be separated. As they tried to get through, someone had pushed Mina and Momo, which resulted both of them holding on to each other and their lips colliding into an accidental kiss. No one had noticed but they separated immediately. Momo immediately apologizing. He still hold her hand though to prevent her from getting swept up in the crowd. The two of them didn’t make eye contact on the entire way back.

Momo apologized many times after that and Mina kept on repeating it’s ok. The two were awkward for about a week but the awkwardness subsided after that. They both decided not to make a big deal out of it since it would arouse suspicion especially from their keen friend Sana who had been pestering why they were awkward about it when they are dating. Plus they still had 3 months till their dating contract expires.

The two went on several dates after that usually on the weekends. He would always tell her to meet him in front of her house at 7 am. It always puzzled Mina why they met so early in the morning. Well for the first date, she understood his reason but the other dates really didn’t require to get ready that early in the morning. Momo had called her again yesterday night to ask if she was free today to go somewhere. Of course for Mina every outing was an opportunity to spend time with him so she agreed. Plus she didn’t have anything planned anyways. Her parents now know that she is in a relationship with him and bother her every time when she goes down early in the morning to leave her house.

Mina went outside of her house to wait for him. When suddenly a motorcycle turned the corner and stopped in front of her. The guy who was riding the motorcycle took his helmet off and there revealed a Momo with his hair disheveled from the helmet and wind grinning.

“H-Hirai-kun?! What?! Why are you riding a motorcycle when you have an injured leg?!” Mina exclaimed surprised.

“My cast is off now and it’s bandaged really hard now so it’s ok. Plus it’s been 2 1/2 months. I can walk without my crutches now. I just need balance and my hands for riding a motorcycle. I’ll be extra careful I promise.” He said looking at her.

Mina pondered for a moment before she spoke, “Fine. But please promise this is the last time until your leg gets better.”

“Deal. Can you open the storage compartment there? There should be a helmet.”

Mina opened it and grabbed the light red close to pink helmet and put it on. She then climbed onto the motorcycle, realizing what she should do with her hands. She contemplated before deciding to put her hands on his shoulders when he grabbed her hands and slipped them on his waist. Mina was glad her helmet was on or else he would see her turning into all shades of deep red.

“Hang on tight. Although I’ll be careful, the wind is pretty strong.” He told her and Mina just nodded.

They rode in silence along the road as he sped through between cars and other transportations. Since it was so early in the morning, there were barely any other cars once they got on the highway. Mina wondered where they were going this early in the morning. She smiled to herself as she remembered their first date at University Studios Japan. She wondered where they would be going this time and why he always insisted their dates to be so early in the morning. When clearly both of them are not morning people. So she snuggled closer to him so he can hear her through the wind and muffling of the engine. Mina mustered out her loudest voice and asked;

“Hirai-kun, doko mukatteru no?! (Where are we heading/going to?)”

“Eh? Kikoenai!! (I can’t hear you.)”

“WHERE ARE WE GOING?”

“I STILL CAN’T HEAR YOU!”

Before Mina can reply, he swerved to the side and stopped the bike. He took his helmet off and looked back at her.

“Sorry I can’t really hear you because of the wind and the engine.”

“I just asked where we were going. You didn’t have to stop the bike.”

“Oh. Well it’s ok. I wanted to hear your voice anyways. I’ll tell you when I get there.” He sheepishly grinned and put the helmet back on. Mina resumed to hold on to his waist again as he turned the engine back on. They were on the highway for a while until Mom got off the highway which lead to a road along the seaside. Mina marveled at the beauty in front of her as she held tightly onto his waist. She was curious and excited to where he was taking her. Soon they stopped in front of what seemed like a edge of a pier. Momo turned off the engine and got off. He steadied the bike as he helped Mina get off as well. He locked the handles and got out a backpack from the storage compartment as he put both of their helmets in there. Mina had her bag on her shoulder during the whole ride so it was a little stiff. She stretched to get the aching pain out of her when Momo suddenly grabbed her shoulders. She jolted in surprise.

“S-sorry. You must be tired from the long ride and having your bag on the whole ride. I should have put it in the storage compartment.” He said as he started slowly massaging her shoulders. Mina was surprised at the contact but couldn’t argue because it felt so nice and moreover she liked it. She looked down and smiled softly. Which Momo noticed and smiled as well. After massaging her, he took her hand and led her toward the end of the pier towards an embankment away from the sand area. He climbed up the mound first and then helped her up. She was surprised that he was able to climb it so easily with his leg still wrapped up in bandages.

When she was able to get up onto the embankment, the view in front of her took her breath away. It was so beautiful. They were a good 7-8 ft. above the ground and the ocean was glimmering in front of us. There were stone steps in front of us that would lead till the ocean. Since they were above the ground, the waves would hit the walls of the mound but still had a quite the distance till it reached them. It was the perfect hideout to see the ocean. Since it was at the edge of the beach and not a lot of people would pass by. The two can see the passerby’s but they wouldn’t be able to see them because of the altitude either. Momo was grinning as he watched Mina be spectacled in awe of the view on front of them.

“This is my favorite place.” Momo told her which got Mina out of her trance.

“It’s beautiful.” Mina told him as she continued to look at the view in front of them once again.

“I used to come here every time I had a fight or when I was distressed or irritated. By looking at this scenery I would forget all about my problems.” He spoke suddenly.

“You fought?!”” Mina said turning her head to look at him.

“I was quite the trouble maker back in middle school. Ah you probably won’t know this but this is the town I used to live in until I moved to my grandparents’ house and joined Hirai academy starting from high school. So as soon as I moved there, I got my motor cycle license just to come here.” He told her slightly laughing it off as if it were a joke.

Mina just stared at him with slightly agape from shock. No wonder she didn’t know who he was until she entered high school. He chuckled at her shocked face and continued with his story.

“They made up now, but my dad was not on good terms with my grandfather, which is his dad. After my dad graduated from university, he didn’t want to take over Hirai academy and corporation so he eloped with my mom to this town. So I actually grew up in a very poor environment. I’m actually still not used to this unwanted attention and glamour. When I was in my third year of middle school, one of the Hirai household butlers who was close to my dad and kept in contact with him came over. They told us that my grandfather collapsed the other day because of a tumor. With surgery, they were able to remove it and now he’s fine but they need someone to take over the company if something happens. So the butler begged and tried to convince my dad to come back but he wouldn’t budge. For me and my sister, we both didn’t know that we had any connections with the Hirai corps so we just sat there. When suddenly the butler said that he would take me as a successor instead if my dad didn’t want to do it. Although I fought a lot, and caused trouble all the time, my grades were good so he agreed. He pretty much sold me so that he wouldn’t have to do the job. I hated him for a while but I don’t anymore. I realized that no matter how much I hate him, he’s the only father I have. Plus I realized he sent me so that I wouldn’t have to live the poor lifestyle here. My parents thought I was fighting a lot because I hated being in this town. But in reality, I was just fighting off half assed guys would only gang up on a single person in groups.” Momo looked up at the sky. Mina noticed tears were streaming down his face and that he didn’t seem to realize it. So she scooched over and wiped his tears softly with her hand. He gave her a look of surprise and used his own hand to touch his face.

“Do you miss it?” Mina suddenly asked as she continued to wipe his tears away.

“Miss what?”

“Your old lifestyle. Your parents.”

“I guess. I haven’t seen them ever since I left the town. But I don’t regret going to grandfathers either. I wouldn’t have met Tzuyu or Jeongyeon or you.” He gave a small smile.

Mina couldn’t hold the tears back anymore as she softly let them flow down her face. She couldn’t imagine what her crush went through but still felt sorry about it. He had such a hard life. This time he was the one who wiped her tears.

“Why are you crying? I’m fine don’t worry. It’s all in the past, Mina-chan.” He gently told her.

“Let’s go see them.” Mina suddenly spoke out after wiping her tears. Which startled Momo because it was probably the first time he ever heard her speak this loud before.

“See what?” He answered back confused.

“Your parents. I bet they miss you a lot. You should at least let them know you’re doing well.”

“…I was afraid if I saw them, I would run away and rely on them. That’s why I couldn’t go see them the past 4 years even though I came to this town often. But now, I guess I should. I’m not the Hirai Momo they know or used to be. I became stronger.” Momo said and gave her a reassuring smile which she gave back.

“Will you come with me?” He asked in a small voice.

“Of course.” Mina took his hand as they got up to get back to his motorcycle so they can head to his parent’s house.

His parents were more than happy to see him as they shed tears when he showed his face after 4 years of not contacting them at all. Momo also cried along with his parents and his sister. Mina just watched the happy family reunion. She was happy that the heavy weight that had been bothering Momo was finally lifted. After the joyful reunion, Momo introduced Mina as his girlfriend and his parents really liked her. They ate dinner together at his house and then Momo took her back home. Mina felt really blissful that she was able to know more about Momo and that she was able to get closer to him. At the same time it hurt her, reminding her that she shouldn’t get any closer to him since they only have half a month left as being fake lovers.

The 3 months went by really quickly without the 2 noticing. Actually, both of them knew the 3 months passed but kept quiet about it. Neither one of them wanted the relationship to end. Soon it became 4 months. Mina knew that as time passed by it was going to be harder and harder for her to say goodbye. They are only a couple until Momo’s leg was better. That was the promise. She had to let him go, set him free. She wished she could claim him as hers forever but she knew that was never going to happen. Their relationship was supposed to end the minute he rescued her and got hurt. But god gave her a chance to stay with him for 3 months as a repay for not being able to confess to him. She took her chance and that chance was now coming to an end. She knew that she shouldn’t take advantage of the chance she was given. It had to end soon.

It hit, 5 months and Mina couldn’t take it anymore. The 3 months were technically over, but yet she was still his fake girlfriend. The longer she spent time with him, she knew she was just going to fall for him harder. She was already guilty enough that she had caused him to get hurt and even made him lie to his friends and family. Mina needed to talk to him. She found him near the garden and told him she needed to talk with him. Momo immediately noticing that she was serious bit his lip before taking her to a conference room the basketball team uses often and locked the door.

“What’s wrong Mina?” He asked softly.

“Hirai-kun, you don’t need me anymore.” She whispered and gave Momo a small smile.

“I do though?” He said confused. Mina shook her head.

“You’re able to practice with everyone now. You don’t need my help anymore. Thank you for everything. It was fun being your girlfriend although it was for temporary. I’m sorry I wasn’t a good girlfriend though. For making you get hurt, for making you lie to your family and friends, I’m sorry for ever---“Momo engulfed her in a hug before she can finish her sentence.

“Please don’t say that. It’s not your fault. Please stay with me.” Momo begged.

Mina pushed him away “It is my fault. As much as I want to stay with you. I can’t Hirai-kun. It would only make me feel even guiltier and-and…” and fall in love with you more Mina thought but would never say those thoughts aloud.

“And what?” Momo asked not leaving his gaze off of Mina’s for even a second.

“N-Nothing.” Mina said as she looked away. She thought to leave when Momo surprised her with his confession.

“Would it make you feel better if I said I was the one who caused that accident in the first place?”

Mina looked at him in bewilderment. She couldn’t just believe what she had heard.

“What do you mean?!”

“I’ve always wanted to talk to you, but one, you go to a different school then me. Two, because of my status, if I went to go talk to you, everyone would be bothering you and I didn’t want that. So I thought that if I saved you from an accident, I can get close to you because you would have the obligation to pay me back. I’m sorry I deceived you but then, I did get more hurt than I expected to. Haha. It’s probably karma for deceiving you.  I’ll let you go now. As of today you’re dismissed from fake girlfriend duties.” Momo gave a small smile.

“Does that mean we’re not going to see each other anymore? That we’re going to go back to the normal lives we were living before the accident?” Mina asked him.

“I did say you’re dismissed from fake girlfriend duties but who said anything about not seeing each other anymore? Everyone knows we stick together now so I don’t need to make myself stay away from you. I knew you were dense but I didn’t expect you to be that dense, Mina. I just confessed that I was literally your stalker going through all that trouble and even getting hurt just to get closer.” Momo sighed, slapping his forehead with his hand.

“I-I like you too!” Mina blurted out all of a sudden. Her face red and fiddling her fingers.

Momo’s eyes widened in surprise. He didn’t expect her to like him back. “S-Since w-when?”

“Since my first year of high school. You may not remember it but I picked up your student ID and gave it back to you. That was the first time I met you but somehow you interested me. But I probably fell in love with you when I saw you helping a girl in our school who was surrounded by delinquents. You seemed like you wouldn’t be the type to do that.” Mina shyly confessed.

“I remember. Since that was also on purpose. I dropped my ID so I could talk to you before I got ahead of myself that I fell in love at first sight. After that incident I was hoping you would come talk to me but you didn’t. Then I tried going to you but I somehow couldn’t seem to catch you. It then became too awkward to talk to you since it was long after the incident. Haha well, I am a bad boy. But I hate things like that. Taking advantage of another person or ganging up on one person.” He joked.

“I-I see.” Mina replied.

“Mina-chan, will you be my real girlfriend? Not my fake girlfriend anymore. I‘m not going to suppress or hide from you anymore. I was just a coward and selfish for running away from my own feelings using sly ways to be closer to you. From now on I’ll be honest and straightforward.”

“Hirai-kun had always been honest with me though? You’ve never lied to me. I was really happy about that. Since I knew your reputation of being a “good boy” so you wouldn’t ruin your father’s company’s reputation. Although I became sad when you were cold to me sometimes since I’ve always liked you. But even still, you’ve always been my hero and always will be. I would like to be your actual girlfriend Hirai-kun. Not a fake one.” She smiled.

“Thank you.” He smiled back and hugged her. Mina hugged him back.

“But since now we’re official you should call me Momo. Not Hirai-kun.” Momo said right into her ear, which made Mina super red, although Momo couldn’t see. Having little experience being around guys in general, Mina is still awkward talking to Momo’s friends and Momo himself as well.

Momo released the hug and faced her, “Try it. Say Momo”

“M-mo… M-mo….Hirai-kun…” Mina said softly and slowly.

“That’s not my name. Try again.” Momo said his lips curved upwards.

“ドS…. (Do S or means super sadist in English)” Mina glared at him.

“What?! Although I admit it, this is not even anything close to being an S. It’s not that hard. I can transition it so you can too.” He told her.

“Then try it.” She demanded.

“Mina” Momo called her name gently and tousled her hair.

“M-Momo-kun…” she called back.

“Not bad but you can do better. Erase the kun.” He smiled.

“I-This is the farthest I can go up to for now.” Mina told him.

“Ok. I understand. Let’s take this slowly. I’ve never dated anyone either so. I don’t really know what to do either to say the truth.” Momo said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Mina looked at him in disbelief, “Liar… I know you dated a lot of girls.”

“I’ve only been on dates. I don’t even count them as dates… Since it’s usually only buying a meal or coffee and I just listen. I never dated or went out with anyone though.” He protested.

Mina still looked at him shocked and he chuckled, hugging her again.

“See how awkward I am with hugging you? I don’t really like hugs in the first place and also because I’ve never really hugged anyone before. Although I like hugging you.” Momo confessed.

Mina then finally noticed he was awkward at hugging as she thought about it. With her right now yes, but the times when his friends were trying to bear hug him when they saw him or the time they tried to hug him when their team won a competition, Momo didn’t return any of them. He was just standing there awkwardly with his arm limping around his friends’ shoulders.  Mina giggled upon remembering and Momo looked at her with a confused look on his face.

“Now that I think about it, yes you are awkward at hugging. But would you feel better if I say I am probably as equally as awkward? Ok maybe a little better than you are. Nonetheless, I still like you though.” Mina teased.

“I like you too.” Momo told her. Before hugging her again. Although he had worried for months that his plan of faking to become her hero would backfire but now he was glad because he actually was able to become her real hero. He got hurt and was not able to walk properly for about 3 months but it was all worth it.

 

*** Author’s note

Thank you for the request! @myungsuoo And sorry that it took so long! Finals are finally done so I uploaded J Also sorry that it doesn’t have as much angst that I think you wanted to have… You know I can’t keep mimo angst for so long so please forgive me!  m(-- _--)m  Hope you enjoyed it ^^

I’m sorry that it’s been a lot of gender bender guys but honestly to say the truth, it’s much easier to write than girlxgirl… Also I’m super lazy so I have all the plots and lines in my head but I’m just too lazy to type some of the things. I’ll try harder to upload more frequently…