Letter

Twice couples one shot collection

Mimo one shot (Tragic)

Request by a fellow AFF reader ^^

拝啓、名井南様

Dear Ms. Mina Myoui,

君がアメリカへ発ってからもう5年になりますね。僕はたまらなく君に会いたいです。

It’s been 5 years since you went to America. I want to see you so badly. I miss you so much.

君は今どこにいますか?何をしていますか?元気にしていますか?生きていますか?幸せですか?

Where are you right now? What are you doing? Are you well? Are you happy?

君はあの日の事を覚えていますか?君と最後にあったあの夜に交わした約束を。僕はあの約束で救われました。君という存在が失われてく中での唯一の支えでした。君との約束があったからこそ、僕は頑張ってこれました。だけどもう潮時かな。

Do you remember what you told me that day? The promise we made that night? I was able to live without you until now because of that promise. That promise saved me from the darkness I went through from losing you. Because of it I was able to make it this far and push myself. But I think I can’t anymore.

あの夜、僕が別れ際に「ずっと待ってるから」と言った後、君はもし私が5年経っても約束を果たしに帰ってこなかったら、私の事は忘れてと言いましたよね?僕にはそれはできません。けどもし、あなたが今他に一緒にいて幸せな人がいるのであれば諦めます。そしてあの約束の事は綺麗さっぱり忘れてください。

That night, when I told you I would wait for you, you told me to forget about you if you didn’t come within five years to fulfill that promise. Mina, I can’t do that. I would never forget about you. Unless you have someone else already that is. If there is someone besides me that is able to make you happy, I would let you go. Please forget about that promise we made.

それから、君がこの手紙を読むことは多分99.9%の確率でないと思うから、僕の本心を全部この手紙に書きたいと思います。

Also I’m pretty sure you’re not going to ever see or read this letter 99.9%. So that’s why I decided to write my honest feelings here in this letter.

南、好きです。大好きです。愛しています。

Mina I like you. I love you. I love you so much.

この言葉を直接君に素直に伝えていたら、僕たちは違う道を進めたのかな?いや、それはないか。僕たちに時間がないのはお互い知ってたもんね。気づかない振りをしていただけで。

If I told you these feelings, perhaps we could have had a future together? Never mind. I know it’s not possible. We both knew this was going to happen. That we didn’t have much time together left. We both knew but pretended not to know. You know? I’m still mad that you left suddenly without telling me. You better make it up to me one day.

From,

Your childhood friend Momo

“Baka… Why didn’t you let me see you that day? We both knew this was going to happen.” Momo whispered as she finished reading her letter. Which she wrote years ago. She couldn’t believe the sight in front of her. Momo didn’t want to admit the reality. Tears kept spilling uncontrollably. She was on her knees and was a mess but she didn’t care. She missed her too much. After what seemed like hours, she finally was able to stand up.

“At least you’re able to rest now. Rest well, Mina-yah. Until I join you one day. I’ll be back to visit you again.” Momo mustered a small smile and left Mina’s grave.

*** Author’s note

Sorry that it’s tragic and not my usual happy endings…I'm also sorry that its short! I got a request saying to do something that’s not an unhappy ending… This one shot is something I wrote a really long time ago for another story. That’s why it’s in Japanese. I thought it would be nice to translate it and put both versions and switch the characters to MiMo. The requests I got recently are somehow all angst (although I intend to make them happy endings and put fluff in there somehow…) so please bear with me if you’re a fluff lover like me.