Love 2

Rebound

Both men were now seated facing each other at the diners just a few blocks away from Minho’s apartment, food on the table left untouched.

         Minho thinks back to what Jinki said earlier, about letting him be his rebound.

He honestly had no idea if he wanted that. It wouldn’t be fair to Jinki, right? Relationships are meant for two people who love one another, it shouldn’t be one- sided.

 

It was as if Jinki read his mind, “Are you thinking about what I said earlier?”

Minho just blinked in return.

“It’s okay if you can’t give me an answer now. I am more than willing to wait for you, no matter how long it takes.”

Jinki then reached out and took hold of his hand, holding it tight which made Minho feel warm inside.

“Just know that you have me, you don’t have to be alone; alright?”

 

They exchanged numbers before going their separate ways. Minho walked back to his apartment, hands slipped in his jeans pockets; still very much in a daze.

 

 

 

A week later, Minho found himself contemplating to call Jinki. He had just mustered up the courage to start clearing away his ex-girlfriend’s things.

Everything she left was now kept in a box, which currently sat in the middle of the apartment.

Minho spent hours staring at each content in the box, reminiscing the times that they were together; now gave him nothing but heartbreak and tears that would never stop flowing.

 

Minho wanted to be selfish for once, he wanted someone to love him instead of him sacrificing his love for someone who in the end isn’t worth it.

 

“Hi, it’s Minho.”

Minho could tell that Jinki was genuinely surprised by the tone of his voice.

“Oh, hi Minho. It’s been a while; I was starting to think that you wouldn’t call.

”Oh, uh; but I’m calling you now, aren’t I?”

Jinki laughed, “Yeah you are, so; you have something to tell me? Something that I want to hear, hopefully?”

Minho clears his throat, “Uh, yeah. I wanted to tell you that, I am willing to start a relationship with you.”

The line went silent for a moment, which left Minho wondering if he scared Jinki off or something.

“Sorry Minho, I was too busy hyperventilating. You really mean it, this isn’t some sort of dream?”

Minho giggled softly, “Yeah, maybe you should pinch yourself for good measure.”

“No thanks, I already did that when your name flashed on the screen.”

 

Minho thinks that he just may be able to get used to Jinki and his quirkiness.

 

The second chap :) I am gonna start working on chap 4 soon!