Love 3

Rebound

Minho was taken by surprise when Jinki showed up at his front door on a Friday morning, in his work attire; hands full with paper bags.

Sure they have continuously called or texted each other for about a week now, but Minho wasn’t ready to see the man face to face after their encounter.

“I brought breakfast, sleepyhead.” Jinki smiled.

Minho snapped back to reality, letting Jinki in before closing the door behind him.

Minho cleared his throat, “Don’t you have work today?”

Jinki was already making himself at home, washing two glasses in the kitchen before pouring orange juice into it.

“Uh, yeah; but I thought I stopped by for a while. I still have two hours left till work begins. My boss won’t mind since we’re done with the case.”

Jinki ushered for Minho to sit at the dining table while he laid the food on the table.

“I remember you telling me that you love the noodles they have at Myeongdong so I bought it on the way here, I hope it didn’t turn cold yet.”

Jinki placed the bowl in front of Minho, who still had a hard time comprehending the whole situation.

“Minho, eat up. “

Jinki took a seat right opposite Minho, ready to inhale the food placed in front of him.

“Uh, yeah; I will enjoy the food.” Minho said politely, although he realized that he shouldn’t act so weird in front of his…. Boyfriend.

Jinki smiled at him, which irked Minho a little because, really; how can he smile so perfectly?

They ate in silence for about fifteen minutes before Jinki spoke up, “Minho, I was wondering if you have time today; after work?”

Minho thought about it for a while, “Yeah, I have time. Why?”

“Well, I thought maybe we could… go on our first date?”

Minho almost choked on his orange juice.

“Oh, right; our first date.” Minho mumbled to himself.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to today, you might be tired after work; and it’s Friday! You might have other plans or someone else to meet up with...” Jinki started rambling which got Minho to feel a little guilty. He was the one who agreed to let Jinki be his boyfriend so he should stop avoiding him and just let everything go with the flow.

It was Minho’s turn to grab hold of Jinki’s hand, “Let’s go on that date later.”

 

 

“So, I will see you after work. I’ll come and fetch you, alright?”

Jinki stood at the hallway, getting ready to leave for work.

Minho nodded, waving goodbye to Jinki who smiled back as he walked down the stairs.

He was about to shut the door when he realized that his best friends slash nosy neighbor Key just witnessed what happened earlier.

 

 

“Who the heck was that guy?”

He was dragged by force into Key’s apartment (Jonghyun, Key’s boyfriend was the one who did actually) and was seated on the couch with both Key and Jonghyun staring down at him.

“He’s…… my boyfriend.”

“ the what? I thought you had a girlfriend? Aren’t you straight?” Jonghyun shrieked.

Minho sighed, “I wasn’t going to tell you this but I had a boyfriend when I was in high school. And yes, my ex-girlfriend broke up with me for another man.”

Key immediately softened up, giving Minho a pat in the back.

“Oh gosh, we’re so sorry. We didn’t know.”

“It’s okay, I was the one who didn’t tell you that we broke up.”

“Anyways, how did you meet that guy?” Key asked. He is the expert of changing the subject according to Minho.

Minho fidgeted in his seat, it was no use lying to Key cause he knew exactly what Minho’s ‘lying habits’ are (apparently his nose twitches every time he lies).

“I met him at a bar, and um; we kinda slept together.”

Jonghyun and Key’s eyes both grew wide, jaws dropped; Minho would have laughed at the sight in front of him but it wasn’t the appropriate time to do so.

“So he got into your pants before he asked you to be his boyfriend? That is totally out of line.” Key scoffed.

“But you gotta admit, that guy is an expert.” Jonghyun joked which earned him a glare from Key.

“In his defense, I wasn’t completely drunk so….”

Key threw his arms in the air, “I don’ think I can deal with this anymore.”