Love 7

Rebound

Minho never meant for this beautiful day to turn into a disastrous one.

 

It was like any other Saturday night with Jinki sleeping over after a movie marathon and um, making out. Minho wondered if he should just ask Jinki to move in with him so that they can do more of that.

Minho’s eyes fluttered open the next morning, the sunlight seeping through the curtains. He turned to see his boyfriend snuggling closer to him which brought a smile to his face.

Jinki, he is something else. He can be all about authority in a second and the next all cute, fluffy; squishy as if he was a pet bunny. Jinki, Minho thought; possessed the ability to make him feel loved. He has never felt like that before, not even with his ex-girlfriends. Minho was secretly glad that Jinki appeared like the sunshine to his dark sky.

 

 

Minho’s thoughts were derailed at the sound of the door clicking open. . There was no one else but his parents that could come in without any warning. He instantly regretted giving them his security pass code.

“Minho darling, are you home? Are you still asleep?”

Minho panicked, not knowing what to do. His boyfriend showed no signs of waking up (he is a deep sleeper) and he could sense that his parents were coming closer to his bedroom.

Sighing, Minho hoped for the best.

 

 

Both Jinki and Minho’s parents got the shock of their lives. Jinki because he had to meet Minho’s parents for the first time while wearing his favorite ducky boxers, Minho’s mom and dad were (probably) shocked because they never would have thought that their precious son was dating a man.

“When the heck did this happen?”

Minho swore his mom could shoot lasers out of her eyes if she wanted to.

“About a month ago, mom.”

“Was that why you didn’t bother to tell me that you broke up with Hyunmi? Because you want to hide the fact that you are… you are...”

Minho took a deep breath, “Mom, I know that you are upset. But I think Jinki hyung is the one I want to be with, not Hyunmi. Beside, Hyunmi loves someone else.”

Minho could tell that his mom was about to burst into tears, his dad on the other hand; was so calm it freaked Minho out a little.

 

 

Just then, Jinki stepped out from the bathroom with his hair still messed up; just the way Minho liked it.

“Oh right, I forgot that we might be in deep trouble right now.”

Jinki muttered as he sat next to Minho on the couch.

Minho’s dad actually laughed at Jinki’s remark, “You are one funny kid, I like that.”

Minho’s mom stared at her husband in horror.

“I know Minho had a liking towards guys quite a while ago, dear; remember Sam?”

 

“Don’t worry so much Minnie, your mom would understand. She just needs some time to accept us.”

Minho sighed, he was grateful that his dad knew all along that he was into guys as well but he was never against it. His mom though, was a huge problem.

Minho crossed his fingers, “I sure hope so hyung.”

 

Update!