Love 9.2

Rebound

“Hyung, can you stop being so nervous! Now you are making me nervous too!!”

Both Minho and Jinki were just outside the Choi’s house.

Jinki was obviously a nervous wreck since this is officially the first time (that time in Minho’s apartment doesn’t count) he is going to meet his boyfriend’s family.

 

“Hyung, calm down. We can do this, you can do this; okay?”

Jinki took a deep breath before gesturing for Minho to ring the doorbell.

Minho’s dad welcomed his son with open arms, even giving Jinki a pat on the back as they entered the living room.

 

“Minseok hyung,” Minho greeted his elder brother who also came for the dinner.

Minseok glanced at Jinki who stood behind Minho, “You must be Jinki, Minho told me so much about you.”

Just then, a young lady emerged from the kitchen holding hands with a cute girl whom Jinki assumed them to be Minho’s sister-in-law and niece.

 

Minho’s niece, Minji was very excited to see her uncle Minho and was also confused with the presence of a stranger in the house.

“This is Uncle Minho’s best friend, Uncle Jinki; say hi!!”

“Uncle Jinki, it’s nice to meet you!!”

Minji bowed politely which caused Jinki to pat her head lightly.

“Minji-ah, why don’t you head upstairs and play with the gift Uncle Jinki bought you?”

As soon as Minho completed his sentence, the eager Minji took hold of Jinki’s free hand and dragged him upstairs which earned laughter from the others.

 

“Jinki is pretty cute,” Minseok commented, giving a wink to his younger brother.

Minho replied, obviously smitten, “Yeah, he is.”

 

 

 

Minji obviously warmed up to her uncle Jinki by the time dinner rolled around because she stuck next to him like glue.

“Minji-ah, do you like uncle Jinki that much?”

Minseok teased his own daughter.

Minji nodded, holding the doll Jinki bought her in her arms.

“I want uncle Jinki to come to our house and play!!”

Jinki laughed, “I will most definitely go to your house and play with you.”

Minho was unable to hide the stupid grin on his face when he observed Jinki interacting with children.

 

To be honest, Minho had already imagined what life would be like if he and Jinki had a family together. They would probably move to a place that is more..accepting? And maybe even adopt a boy and a girl who will be named Minah and Jisoo. Just thinking about it made Minho chuckle happily.

He felt a nudge from his boyfriend with his foot, “What are you so happy about?”

Minho cleared his throat, feigning ignorance.

“Nothing, nothing much.”

 

 

 

Minho volunteered to help his mom out with the dishes as the others were busy bombarding Jinki with questions in the living room.

“So, how do you like Jinki; mom?”

Minho waited patiently for his mother’s reply.

“He’s fine. But… you should break up with him.”