Love 10

Rebound

Minho was still lying on the bed, contemplating on what he should do when he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Minho knew it was his boyfriend, Jinki wanting to kiss him goodbye before heading to work. Minho, on the other hand; was on break since it was the beginning of the school holidays.

“What are you going to do today?”

Minho sat up as Jinki got closer to the edge of the bed.

“I don’t know yet.”

Jinki smiled, leaning in to give Minho a peck on the lips before ruffling his hair.

“Why don’t you listen to the songs I downloaded for you in your phone? I am still upset that you haven’t you know.”

Minho pouted, he wasn’t as interested in music as his boyfriend was; but he chose to put up with it anyway since Jinki was forced to watch football matches for his sake.

“Alright, come back early hyung. Life is no fun without you.”

Jinki leaned in again, this time for a passionate kiss.

“Okay Minho-yah.”

 

 

Minho sighed, his mother’s words still fresh in his mind.

He chose not to tell his boyfriend, knowing that he was already stressed out with work. Minho decided that he needed advice, or at least someone to share his problems with.

So that is how he found himself knocking on his neighbour’s door.

Jonghyun was the one who welcomed him it, shirtless. Minho chose to ignore that.

“Why are you here so damn early? Where’s Jinki hyung??”

Minho groaned, Jinki and Jonghyun are too close for his liking.

“He went to work. Where is Key by the way I have to ask him something very important.

“Key!! Minho is here to ask you something very important!!”

Key emerged from his room, frowning.

“What is so damn important that you have to ruin my beauty sleep??”

“It’s about my love life, Key.”

Key raised his eyebrow, “Sit on the couch and tell me everything.”

 

 

“Wow, this is the first time I heard your mom saying something so harsh.”

Key commented after Minho told him what his mom said.

“She is just not happy that you are dating someone of the same . She’ll get over it, like my mom.”

Jonghyun chipped in, finally putting a shirt on.

“But won’t she be mad if I don’t listen to her? What if she disowns me or something?”

“Then you have to prove it to her, prove that you will be happy only with Jinki hyung by your side!! If you choose to break up with him, you might regret it for the rest of your life Choi Minho!!”

Key looked as if he could slaughter someone at that moment.

“Calm down babe.” Jonghyun patted Key on the back.

Jonghyun turned to face Minho, “Did you listen to the playlist yet?”

Minho blinked in confusion, “What playlist?”

“The one Jinki hyung downloaded for you!! Oh gosh you have not listened to it, haven’t you?? And to think that Jinki hyung came to my studio whenever he could to record the songs for you!!”

Minho immediately remembered that time when Jinki’s throat was so sore he could hardly speak. It was all because of him?

 

 

Minho rushed back to his apartment without saying goodbye to his neighbours. He dived on the bed and grabbed his phone from the nightstand, unlocking it before looking at his playlist.

He randomly picked a song, titled ‘Yellow’; listening to it with his eyes closed.

 

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called "Yellow".

So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all yellow.

Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into
Something beautiful,
Do you know,
You know I love you so,
You know I love you so.

I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do.
'Cause you were all yellow,

I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all yellow.

Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into
Something beautiful,
Do you know,
For you I'd bleed myself dry,
For you I'd bleed myself dry.

It's true,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

 

Jinki’s smooth voice and the meaningful lyrics caused Minho’s tears to subside, streaming down his cheeks.

Minho wiped his tears away, staring at the playlist; realising that he wants to be with Jinki forever.

“I love you, Jinki hyung.”