Love 4

Rebound

Minho stood at the sidewalk ten minutes before five.

He was wearing what Key picked out (despite the fact that he didn’t want to care), his (only) pair of ripped jeans and a black tee that fitted his physique perfectly. Not too flashy or too casual for a first date according to Key. Minho thought it didn’t matter though, they did see each other without clothes on so there was really no point.

 

A black Sedan came to a halt in front of him, the window rolled down for Minho to realize that it was Jinki; smiling that perfect smile again.

“Get in.”

 

“So, what do you wanna do on this beautiful evening?”

JInki asked Minho.

Minho was pretty taken aback. Because no one has ever asked him for his opinion on dates before, they were always expecting him to plan everything which stressed him out like all the time.

Minho turned to look at Jinki, “You know, a movie seems like a great idea.”

“A movie it is.”

 

The both of them were focused on the movie posters, trying to figure out the movie that seems interesting; at least to them.

“What do you think about romantic comedies?”

Jinki asked Minho.

“I guess I somehow do like it, in a way.”

“Maybe we should just watch MI5 (Mission Impossible 5).”

 

“Do you like gummy bears or popcorn?”

“Gummy bears.” Jinki affirmed.

“Alright then, let’s get gummy bears.”

 

 

“You know, it’s been a while since I watched a movie with someone.” Jinki admitted as they exited the cinema.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I kinda am used to doing things alone; watching movies alone; stuff like that. Sure I like doing things alone but, sometimes it’s better to be with someone. Don’t you agree?”

Minho nodded, “Sometimes you just get too attached if you stick with someone for a long period of time, so it’s good to keep a safe distance.”

Jinki laughed, “So are you agreeing with me or?”

“Let’s just go get dinner.”

 

 

Jinki and Minho were having chimaek (fried chicken and maekju) in Minho’s apartment on a Saturday night days after their first date.

Jinki was planning on sleeping over at Minho’s place to spend the whole Sunday with him since they didn’t have the time to meet up during the weekdays due to their hectic schedules.

“You’re ex-girlfriend must be a total to break your heart like that.”

They were conversing about random things when the topic of their past loves came up. Talking to Jinki somehow feels natural for Minho, it was as if he could share everything with him; he felt safe.

“I guess she is a total . What about you?”

Jinki shrugged, “I think I’ve only loved this one guy in my entire life, apart from you of course.”

Minho took a sip of his maekju, “So why did you guys break up?”

“We didn’t actually, he died before that happened.”

Minho turned to face Jinki, trying to read his expression.

“I’m sorry for your loss. If you don’t mind me asking, how did he die?”

“Cancer, he was already on the last stage when I met him. Its funny how we had the time to fall in love though, I didn’t even care he was going to die; I thought I could handle it.”

Jinki’s eyes watered a little, but he managed to smile at Minho.

“Do you miss him sometimes?”

Jinki nodded, “Of course, he still has a place in my heart; so do you.”

“You’re being cheesy,” Minho laughed.

Jinki just stuck his tongue out before launching at the taller male, tickling him.

 

 

Hello again everyone sorry for the delay I was supposed to update every Wednesday!! P.S Am already working on chapter 7! This is like the first time I manage to write a story without a serious case of writer's block yay!