Love 5

Rebound

Jinki woke up the next morning in Minho’s arms. He smiled to himself, eyes still half-closed; snuggling into Minho’s chest to bask in his warmth.

 

He was grateful for being able to be by Minho’s side even though he wasn’t sure if Minho would one day eventually return his feelings. Jinki could remember the restless nights he had because of Minho, the images of Minho at the sidewalk constantly in his mind. It was the first time in a long time since he felt this way about someone.

 

Jinki could say that Joon and Yonghwa, his roommates were his cupids-in-disguise.

“Come on Jinks, it’ll be fun!!”

“Yeah, it’s been a while since the three of us hung out together!”

His roommates were persuading him to go have drinks with them. Jinki, on the other hand; would rather sleep and not wake up forever if it was possible.

“It’s your fault for having a girlfriend, dumping your friends for girls is an absolute no no,” Joon mocked Yonghwa.

“Seohyun is totally okay with me hanging out with you guys! You’re the one who is always busy with work!”

“Work is more important, my friend.”

Jinki sighed, raising his hands in defeat.

“Alright, I’ll go if the two of you can just shut the up.”

 

 

Jinki immediately hid in the corner of the bar while Joon and Yonghwa were already surrounded by girls as soon as they entered.

“Seohyun would probably kill Yonghwa if she witnessed this,” Jinki muttered to himself as he turned to order a drink from the bartender.

It was then he noticed the man of his dreams was sitting right beside him, downing a shot of whiskey.

“Happily ever after, that isn’t real.”

“Well, it could be if you choose the right person to love.”

“You awake,” he could hear Minho whispering into his ear.

Jinki whined, “Stop doing that, it’s ticklish. I wanna sleep more.”

He could feel the loss of Minho’s warmth as he left the bed, leaving Jinki alone.

“Where are you going Minho-yah?”

“For a run,” he replied with a smug smile, “And you have to come with me.”

 

 

“Why did I choose to fall in love with an athletic guy again?”

Jinki joked as they finished their morning run and was on their way to the nearest Starbucks.

“Because you are a lazy bum, so you need someone to make sure you are in good shape.”

They entered the coffee shop and ordered their respective drinks, orange juice for Minho and an Americano for Jinki. They were about to look for a comfortable spot when Minho noticed that Key and Jonghyun were seated next to the bookshelf, busy with their phones.

“Hey guys, having a cuppa?”

“Obviously, and don’t imitate British speaking Minho; so not cool.”

Key replied, taking off his sunglasses. Only Key would wear sunglasses indoors.

Jonghyun perked up as soon as he saw Jinki coming over with his and Minho’s drink, “You must be Jinki, I heard a lot about you.”

Jinki raised his eyebrow, “You did?”

“Come and take a seat, we have loads to talk about.”