Paper Crane (Hyosung x Jieun)

12 Ships 12 Days

Bexter

A/N: Here's my next one-shot :) I hope you will all like it~ And, of course, I hope that noona will enjoy it the most :P

 

~

 

It all started with a paper crane; an incomplete paper crane.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Song Jieun looked up at the familiar voice, “Ah… unnie.” She was fairly surprised that one of her upperclassmen had come to visit her. Although they had become close because of school council events, it was a rare occurrence for the older girl to come see her in her classroom. The most they’d do before was greet each other in the corridors. Though, every now and then the upperclassman would treat her to a snack after school. Jieun still hasn’t figured out why they seemed to be closer outside school.

 

“Oh, folding a paper crane” Jieun said glancing down at the folded paper before placing her gaze back onto the girl, who had now taken the seat of the student in front of Jieun and sat down. “But, Hyosung unnie… what are you doing here?” Jieun asked quietly.

 

Jeon Hyosung shrugged, “Why? Do you not want to see me?”

 

Jieun shook her head immediately, “No… it’s not that…” she wasn’t sure what else to say so trailed off.

 

“Yah, you’re not even folding it right,” Hyosung laughed as she looked at the paper that Jieun was trying with great effort to transform into a crane. “Ah… my dongsaeng… such good grades but can’t fold a paper crane. Where will I find someone as cute as you?” Hyosung said as she pinched the younger’s cheeks gently.

 

“Grades have nothing to do with origami skills…” Jieun argued back softly. She could feel her cheeks heat up from the touch. It’s been so long since the last time Hyosung had initiated physical contact with her. She wasn’t used to it anymore.

 

Hyosung raised an eyebrow in amusement, “Wow… is my dongsaeng arguing back for the first time?”

 

Jieun shook Hyosung’s hands away, “Unnie… stop it.”

 

“Okay, okay” Hyosung was clearly disappointed that she couldn’t tease Jieun anymore. But, she had to respect the girl’s requests because if she really gets mad, Hyosung will probably never be able to see her or talk to her ever again. Better not the cross the boundary. “How is your studying coming along? Isn’t it the mid-terms?” Hyosung decided to direct the conversation into a different direction.

 

Jieun scoffed, “Shouldn’t you be worrying about that?”

 

“Whoa… attitude.”

 

“You’re basically last,” Jieun continued as she began folding the paper crane again.

 

Hyosung sighed, “Yah… do I look like I have no pride? I’d never let myself be anywhere near last.”

 

“You’re below average by quite a bit. You’re basically stuck in between last and average. Isn’t it better for you to study more?”

 

“I don’t study well though,” Hyosung said casually, not caring too much about it.

 

It seems somewhere along the conversation Hyosung had convinced Jieun to be her tutor, which made no sense at all because they weren’t even in the same grade. But, Jieun knew that either way Hyosung wouldn’t study well so didn’t mind offering the help. She had other talents and studying wasn’t one of them.

 

“Unnie” Jieun was starting to lose her patience but had promised herself she wouldn’t, “How can you not know this?”

 

“I think I fell asleep when we were learning it” Hyosung confessed.

 

Jieun sighed, “Does it make sense that someone in the grade below is teaching you this stuff?”

 

“Well, you’re doing it pretty well so I don’t see the problem” Hyosung retorted.

 

“Okay… fine” Jieun had no choice but to continue on like this, “Just finish this chapter of exercises first and then I’ll mark it and go through your mistakes when you’re done.”

 

Hyosung nodded, “Okay.”

 

The silence that engulfed them was quieter than what they were usually exposed to because of their library setting. It was calm, warm and had a very comforting atmosphere that made Jieun drowsy eventually. Hyosung was taking her precious time and Jieun had been lacking sleep so decided to give in to her body’s scream for sleep and closed her eyes. It didn’t take long for her to drift away.

 

“Jieun-yah, I’m done” Hyosung announced quiet enough for the library and looked at her work triumphantly. The lack of response soon caught her attention as she decided to announce her accomplishment again, “Yah…” she looked up to see Jieun asleep. Hyosung simply smiled, “How many times have I told you to sleep properly?” she whispered.

 

There was no point waking the younger girl so Hyosung decided to just keep an eye on her while playing on her phone or something. Unfortunately though, her phone was nearing its death so she decided to look for another activity – that was not studying. Suddenly a wonderful idea had popped into her mind as the sight of Jieun had reminded her of a paper crane. She’ll just fold a few paper cranes to buy time. It didn’t take long for her to finish one paper crane. She placed it in front of Jieun and smiled.

 

“Maybe I should just leave her alone…” Hyosung said her thought aloud. She rested her chin on her hand and watched the girl who was sleeping. She contemplated as to whether to wait for the girl to wake up nor not. Hyosung took the paper crane and scribbled something on it before placing it back to where she had originally put it. “I guess I’ll just leave…” she got up and left.

 

Jieun’s eyes shot open. It must’ve been a reflex from all the studying and napping she’s done. She always wakes up after forty minutes or so. She looked over to see an empty seat. Hyosung must’ve left. She sighed before spotting a crane in front of her. She smiled and took it to find words written on its wings.

 

If I get over 70 on the exercise, will you go on a date with me? ;)

 

Jieun simply laughed at the request. She saw the textbook and notebook opened next to her. Jieun slid over and started to look through the answers. “She’s doing pretty well so far…” Jieun said out of surprise. Well, the older girl must’ve been confident to some extent to be able to ask that to begin with. Soon, Jieun had gotten through it all and wrote a final mark in the notebook.

 

It seems she had lost.

 

“Were just sitting outside the library the whole time?” Jieun asked as she exited the library. She had planned to look for Hyosung but found the girl right there, sitting on a bench with a grin.

 

“Couldn’t help it. I wanted to know as fast as possible” she replied.

 

Jieun smiled, “Here’s the paper crane” she handed it over.

 

Hyosung took it and found words she had not written on its other wing.

 

She smiled as she read it.

 

Where are you going to take me?