XOXO (Yuna x Mina)

12 Ships 12 Days

Avocado

 

Instead of going out to the club like the rest of their friends, Yuna and Mina decided to spend their Saturday night at home, relaxing and cozying up beside each other on the couch of their shared apartment. It had been quite some time since they'd been able to laze around like this because of their jobs, so they were going to use whatever chance they got to do absolutely nothing productive. The best way to accomplish this, of course, was by watching TV.

As soon as they switched on the television screen, Yuna used the remote to flip to their favorite channel, AOATV. A romantic comedy film happened to be showing and neither of them disagreed with it, so that was what they watched. It wasn't exactly a film of award-winning quality, but it was entertaining enough to keep their mouths closed and their attention occupied. While observing the lead actors of the film share a passionate kiss onscreen, however, Mina realized something and she didn't hesitate to voice her thoughts.

"You know, this has got me wondering about something." Yuna didn't look away from the screen but she nodded. "I've never asked you this before, but which do you think you prefer more: hugs or kisses?" The concluding words of Mina's question instantly captured her girlfriend's interest, and Yuna's head whirled to the side to face her. She seemed just as intrigued as Mina was. Mina lowered the volume of the television screen just before Yuna began to speak.

"I've never actually thought about this before. That's a good question. I mean, they're both gestures of affection, but they're totally different things too. I think kissing would generally be considered the more intimate one of the two though. And I can understand why. Of course, this doesn't make it any less affectionate than hugging. That's what I think, anyway."

"What do you think then? Which one do you personally prefer more?"

Yuna paused for a moment, then came up with nothing more than a slight shrug of the shoulders. "...I don't know. I guess I'll have to contemplate this the next time we hug and kiss."

"We don't have to wait until next time. Come here." The couple exchanged knowing smiles as Mina patted the space directly beside her. Yuna pushed aside the cushion that was on her lap before scooting down to her new spot. She didn't know why they weren't sitting this closely to begin with; it felt a lot better this way.

"This isn't just an excuse to make out, right?" Yuna jested, still smiling.

"No way. We are conducting this experiment for strictly scientific purposes. So which of the two do you think we should start with first?"

"I don't think it'd be fair if I chose."

"You're right." Mina murmured before she suddenly encircled her arms around Yuna, closing the distance between them and resting her chin on her girlfriend's shoulder. They both sighed, relishing in each other's warmth. "How's this?"

Yuna reciprocated Mina's actions by tucking her chin into the crook of the latter's neck. She breathed in her flowery scent and softly exhaled. "It's great."

"This?" Mina hurriedly pulled away from Yuna's embrace to plant a chaste kiss on her lips. This gesture didn't last as long as the previous one, but it appeared to have the same effect as Yuna couldn't fight the growing grin threatening to split her pretty face into two. "How was the kiss compared to the hug? Which one did you enjoy more?"

"Mmm...I honestly can't decide. I'm not thinking straight right now, but I know for sure that I really like both. A lot. Should we try it again?"

Mina pursed her lips in disdain while Yuna coiled herself around her. "Now you're just making up excuses to make out. You still haven't answered the question."

"Do you really, really want to know?"

"I do."

Yuna cupped her hand next to Mina's ear and leaned forward close enough to whisper, "Whatever it is that we do, it doesn't matter to me. As long as you're the person I'm doing it with, I guarantee you that I'll think it's the best thing I've ever done."

Mina's face seemed unchanged. "I think the answer you provided just now is cheesy and somewhat predictable. However, it's satisfying enough for me. Now let's make out."

"Finally."