Starburst (Sorn x Seungyeon)

12 Ships 12 Days

Evilauthor
A/N This is super random and all over the place in my opinion. :( I am not at all too fond of this chapter, not my best work but I hope it's still enjoyable in some way? Idk hope you like it K.

 

Sorn's Pov:

"Your obsession with starburst is unreal Sorn." With Yujin's remark I looked back at her and Yeeun in the backseat of the van, I gave a lopsided shrug. Looking over to my right, I caught Seungyeon's downcast gaze, she was looking out the window at the falling rain. Once she turned her head my way, I offered a sympathetic smile. 

"Want some starburst?"

"Sure." I dumped some into her open palm, then picked out the lemon ones. Seungyeon grinned at me. "How did you know I don't like the lemon ones?" Shrugging, I ate them instead.

"The few times I've seen you eat them, you leave the lemon ones behind."

Yujin popped her head between our seats. "That's true love right there, some serious stuff." She teased.

"That it is." Seungyeon's gaze flicked back to the window beside her. I flushed like a little schoolgirl at her words, I focused on the remaining pieces of candy until Yujin drifted back into her seat. I handed all the strawberry flavors to Seungyeon because I knew those were her favorite.

"You guys," We all face towards the front seat of the car once our Oh leader (Seunghee) spoke "No matter how convoluted our busy schedule gets, one thing remains consistent." She hesitated, looking back at us with a serious stare."My hair looks like a baby opossum had taken refuge in it, invited some friends over, and thrown a party." Everyone in the car bursts with laughter at what Seunghee said, everyone except Yeeun who had a scowled look to her face.

"Maybe if you close the window it wouldn't look like that!" It was very clear that Yeeun wasn't fond of having the windows open. (due to it massing up our hair) Seunghee eyes locked on Yeeun and I couldn't help but let out a giggle at what was to come.

" please. It's too hot outside and to top that the AC is out, I'd much rather have a opossum thrown a wild party hair style then die of a heat anyday." Seunghee concludes with a dramatic hair flip facing back towards the front, Yeeun had mumbled something under her breath, to which Seunghee heard considering she was in the front seat of the van, while I'm only right in front of Yeeun but even I didn't catch what she said. Though whatever it was that Yeeun muttered caused Seunghee to string together an atrocity of f-bombs. My brows flew up. Seunghee rarely cussed or lost her cool.

Yujin started laughing out of nowhere, making Seunghee's deadly glare now being directed towards her. "Oh, you're so going to get hit Yeeun. I'm putting money on that." Yujin bet, a smirk forming on her lips, unaware of the death stares being shot at her right now. 

Yeeun scoffed. "You need to add yourself to that list." Yeeun looked about seventy percent serious with her challenging glare.

"And I'm putting money on that," Seungyeon threw in. I wasn't worried about being put onto that list for everyone knows how I was more of a 'run into things head first and face plant a wall' type of fighter.

Once things started to calm down, (only because our manager started getting onto us for fighting) We noticed we've arrived at our destination. And for a minute there, we thought the rain had stop, or at least slowed down. But once we all got out of the van, a sudden damp coldness clung to the air around us. I lifted my head, eyeing the burnt orange sky. One drop of water fell, splashing off my cheek. Then the sky opened up, drenching us in cold rain within seconds. All of us start screaming and running off in different directions trying to take cover and get out of the cold rain, our manager yelling at the top of his lungs trying to stop us from running around all over the place.

"IT'S JUST RAIN! EVERYBODY STOP FREAKING OUT AND GET OVER HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Our manager, with his yell got us to stop running and brought us into the building where we would be doing a school uniform photoshoot today. We all went inside to get our makeup and hair done.

"2 MINUTES LEFT!"

Once the stylists were done with me, I went to look at myself in the mirror before it was time to go. Seungyeon came up behind me wearing her school uniform as well.

"Sorn," Seungyeon said casting me a long look that had me totally forgetting the seriousness of our photoshoot. "You look really good in that uniform."

A hot flush that had nothing to do with embarrassment spread over me. "So do you." A smug, satisfied grin stretched Seungyeon's lips, and I just knew what her reply would be.

"I know." Seungyeon cracked a half smile as she strut away, her hips swaying back and forth making me dizzy just from watching her.

I wasn't oblivious. Everyone noticed the way I looked at her. To be completely honest, it was pretty hard not to. I didn't exactly make any effort to hide it, either.

But for Seungyeon, it was fairly easy to just ignore it... Well, it was at first anyways, because she never returned the same look I'd give her. Only after awhile did I start observing the way her eyes would somehow always drift my way.

It wasn't until the other members began noticing that her eyes too, would fill with that same look. That's when it finally hit me, it was very clear that I cared for her, but it was even more clear Seungyeon cared just as much about me.

I never was all that well at communicating properly about what I was feeling, mostly because of the language barriers I still to this day have trouble with. Especially when it came to Seungyeon and that big dorky smile of hers. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I just couldn't say it.

I caught up to her and the others and watched on as Yeeun began posing for the camera, Seungyeon had initially greeted me with her usual, easy smile. Causing a smile to appear on my face as well.

"Can you come with me for a second?" Seungyeon blurted suddenly, I wondered why she wanted me to go off with her when our turns could come at any moment. But nonetheless I agreed to go with her, she offered me a small smile and ushered me in the direction of a dressing room, she shut and even locked the door after closing it.

Seungyeon opened to say something, but the words not finding their way out as she stared at me. I could see the confusion in her bright eyes, I knew she had something important to say. Still, the words she was looking for simply aren't forming. She glanced at my lips, as she’d done many times before, only this time she leaned down and finally pressed her lips to mine. I was at an absolute loss for words. I was caught completely off guard. But my arms still made their way around the back of her neck, my other hand cupping Seungyeon's cheek as she quickly wrapped her arms around my waist. The involuntary goosebumps caused by her touch trailed down my skin in flashes, taking my breath away all the more.

We pulled away, foreheads resting together before I looked at her with pink cheeks. Thankfully, I understood everything her kiss whispered to me that words could not, much like the way I look at her.

Because the way that I look at Seungyeon is positively overflowing with love, and love... Well, that’s indescribable.

"Seungyeon?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like some starburst?"