Going Under (Yein x Jin [Myungeun])

12 Ships 12 Days

Avocado

A/N: I know it's not Halloween yet, but I love Halloween (and horror-related things in general), so ta-da! It's another morbid fluff! But it's much darker than the other morbid fluff I wrote. Happy early Halloween! 

Warning: Mention of murder and gore below.

 

 

"Holy ing hell, you just killed someone! Oh my god. Oh my god. The crush of my life is a freaking murderer! And I just witnessed her killing someone in cold blood!  Damn it, why am I even surprised? It's just my usual ty luck. Times ten. Or more. I don't know, this is pretty bad... Hey, does Sujeong know that you're a murderer? Because she told me that it'd be a bad idea to follow you, but me being me, I didn't listen to her of course. I mean, following people in general is bad, yes, okay, but you just like, beat someone to death, so I think that totally cancels out my own actions - what do you think?"

"Park Myungeun, I think you're annoying." 

There was barely enough moonlight dipping below the steel bridge for the two of them to see and identify one another. Yein's blank expression remained unchanged as Myungeun clapped her hands together excitedly. It must've been the horrifying shock of the situation that prevented the shorter girl to truly comprehend what was happening at the moment. This wasn't really a normal or at least an expected reaction to witnessing a violent murder.

"Ooh, you not only remember my given name but my surname too! And I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear you call me annoying. I wish I could also pretend that I didn't see with my very own eyes your merciless, brutal attack on this now dead man which has caused his body to bend in such unnatural ways that make me feel really queasy, but that's kind of hard to unsee. Especially when I feel so sick to my stomach. I might vomit at any moment now, so I'll apologize in advance for vomiting in the middle of our conversation - did you know that this is actually our very first real conversation with each other? We've never talked like this. Ever."

"You're really annoying."

Yein examined the baseball bat she held in her right hand, that she had easily modified on her own by hammering nails into it. She figured that dealing blunt force trauma alone wouldn't be enough to satisfy her bloodlust. She was quite fond of her modified weapon (which she affectionately dubbed 'Sergeant Gore'), but the thing was currently dripping with a nauseating amount of blood, and her victim's shredded skin and meat were attached to many of the nails protruding from the bat. The mere sight caused a current of annoyance to ripple across Yein's nerves.

Her impassive gaze returned to Myungeun, who was peeking at her from behind a rusty bridge pillar. She knew that she'd be caught eventually, but she wasn't exactly anticipating one of her annoying classmates to catch her in the act. This was going to be more of a pain than she'd ever wanted. "What are you planning to do? Are you going to turn me in to the authorities, or are you going to lend me your assistance in disposing of the body?"

"Um...none. I'm going to quietly walk away and pretend that I never saw this, never followed you, never went to school with you, never knew you, or ever fell heads over heels for you. But it was really nice knowing you before I found out that you were a murderer! Bye!"

"You're not going anywhere."

Myungeun had barely managed to twist her body into the direction she intended to leave in before Yein's voice made her instantly freeze in place. The taller girl was always soft-spoken, but Myungeun had only noticed the menacing edge to it now. The little hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and she wasn't sure if it was from fear or excitement. Perhaps it was a mixture of both, but she highly doubts it since she was merely seconds away from bursting into tears and begging for her life to be spared. (Yein was indeed a violent murderer, but she was still her crush so that would be way too embarrassing to do in front of her.)

"I only offered you two options. You can't make up your own. You are either going to turn me in or lend your assistance. It's your choice."

Myungeun made a dismissive gesture upon Yein's words, along with a facial expression as if Yein had just offered her some form of flattery. Yein began having her doubts as to whether she should've allowed Park Myungeun to live, rather than murder her on the spot as well. The latter option was becoming increasingly enticing as time went on.

"No, really, it's fine, I'm good... But before I go, can I please have your number?"

"No."

"Nevermind then, gotta go!"

All it took was a single threatening raise of her Sergeant Gore for Myungeun to be rooted to her spot once more. Yein spoke slowly and steadily to make sure that the other girl would understand her the first time she said it: "If you make even one movement from that spot you're standing in, you will give me no choice but to kill you as well."

"Okay...then can you give me a thirty-minute headstart to run away?" 

"No."

"Twenty?"

"No."

"Ten?"

"No."

"Five. I can't go any lower than that because I've always been a really slow runner. Plus it's pretty muddy down here so I don't want to take the risk of slipping, falling, and possibly injuring myself."

"Make any attempt to escape and I will throw something at you. I will aim for your head and I will not miss."

Myungeun lowered her head and heaved a sigh. "This is such a bummer. It's so unexpected when it comes to you; no offense to the innocent people who seem like murderers or the real murderers who seem like the murderers they are. I mean, I've seen you working at the pet store a few times and you're so sweet to the animals. How could you do something like this?" She pointed reluctantly to the disfigured mess of red and flesh near Yein.

"I hate people."

Myungeun did a double take at the fresh corpse on the ground. "Wait, who is this? I don't know who this person is. I didn't get a chance to get a good look at them. I was too busy staring at you while you battered them into an unrecognizable pulp. I like you and the way you look, but the scene was pretty aesthetic too, with the blood just spraying like, everywhere. I don't know how I feel about the screams though. I have a feeling that they're going to haunt my dreams for a few weeks from now. If I stay quiet, I might be able to hear the echoes resounding in my head..."

Ignoring the parts that she deemed irrelevant, Yein replied to Myungeun's first question: "Han Hyunwoo. He lived in my neighborhood. He was an animal abuser. He enjoyed torturing and killing animals at his leisure."

"Well, I'm sure he was one hell of an awful person, but I don't think you should've killed him...especially in the way that you did...so quickly, yet painfully..." Myungeun stole a glance at the almost-human organic mass and air in between her teeth. If this body was ever found, the investigators definitely weren't going to identify it by the face - because there wasn't even a face - just a smashed-in skull with blood and brain oozing out. "Just to let you know, I'm feeling queasy again..."

"He deserved to die. He was a mass murderer. One life for the many lives that have gone unaccounted for, and the many lives of potential victims are also spared. Why should the lives of nonhuman animals be considered any less valuable than ours?" Here Yein was, emulating the champion of animal rights, when she had just killed another human being so violently and relentlessly. To say the least, her credibility wasn't the greatest.

Myungeun didn't appear anywhere near moved or convinced but she nodded her head and accepted what Yein said anyway. "Okay, sure. We can talk all about this later - and yes, I do intend to speak to you some more - but I think we should first do something about this dead body..." She studied Yein from head to toe, cringing at the obvious 'I-just-killed-someone' look that her blood-covered outfit was practically screaming to the world. "Why did you have to be so messy? Maybe you could've just taken care of him with a single heavy blow to the head?"

"My killing method relieves my pent-up stress - wait, are you helping me?" Yein seemed surprised, and seeing a surprised Yein also surprised Myungeun, in a rather pleasant manner.

"Yes, I am. I am not planning on turning you in to the police either. And I'm doing all of this because I like you! A lot!"

Yein didn't show much of a reaction - or a reaction at all, really - to Myungeun's confession in addition to the previous ones she made earlier. It wasn't like Myungeun was expecting much from her either since Yein was basically a murderous sociopath. But she was nonetheless the sociopath that she liked. She would gladly stop liking Yein if she could, but there was no turning back from that or this (this being the fact that she was about to become an accessory to murder after the fact, and possibly Yein's partner in crime).

"I didn't ask for your reason for helping me..." Quietly, Yein added, "But thank you. You should come over here if you're really planning to do what you say you are. How are you supposed to get anything done by hiding behind that pillar?"

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Don't get your in a bunch." The shorter girl finally emerged from behind the rusty bridge pillar to approach the area where Yein was standing.

For the first time since she'd discovered Myungeun's presence in her vicinity, Yein finally made eye contact with the other girl. When Myungeun looked into her eyes like this, she realized that Yein didn't really look like a murderer. She looked like the young, average student that Myungeun had always perceived her to be. In reality, however, Yein was indeed a murderer, and she had to keep that in mind.

Always.

"You do know the risks and consequences of helping me, right?"

"Of course I do." Myungeun began rolling up her sleeves. She didn't even know how they would go about this, but there was bound to be blood on her hands. "But I'm going to help you anyway - because I really like you. It's stupid, I know."

"It really is..." They both stared down at the corpse of who was once Han Hyunwoo, the wicked animal abuser of Yein's neighborhood. "When we're done dealing with this, we can stop by the pet shop. I have the keys."

"A late night date with Jung Yein and cute little animals? Sounds like the perfect plan to me. It's a date, right? You're totally asking me out, aren't you?"

"Call it what you want. I dont care. Would you quit flapping your arms and help me collect the bits of meat lying around?"

"Sorry, got a bit too excited there."