Wake Up (Nicole x Hara)

12 Ships 12 Days

Bexter

 

~

 

Gu Hara stuck her head into the bedroom to see her roommate was still sleeping. She quietly walked over and squatted by the bed. “Wake up” she whispered into the sleeping girl’s ear. There was no response, which was expected because the latter quite enjoyed sleeping.

 

“Nicole, wake up” Hara whispered again.

 

Nicole Jung shifted in her bed and inched away from the source of noise, Hara. Soon she was as still as a log again. Hara decided to watch the girl for a while. Nicole was so cute when she sleeps. Hara smiled and just let the girl sleep. After a while she stood up and decided to prepare breakfast before coming back to wake the girl again.

 

Pancakes seemed like a good idea because Nicole seemed to be craving those lately. It was a late morning too so pancakes fit the mood. She readied the pan and everything before getting her signature pancakes done. She neatly placed the pancakes on to two plates and decorated it a bit with fruits as well. Hara placed the plates on to the dining table and smiled triumphantly at her cooking.

 

It was time to go wake Nicole up again. She hurried back to their bedroom and squatted beside the bed, leaning in she whispered again “Wake up.” But once again there was no response. She frowned and tried again, this time with a poke. “Wake up Nicole, breakfast is ready” she said. It still didn’t work. Hara tried again, “I made pancakes. It’ll get cold if you don’t wake up.”

 

It’d be a shame if Hara failed. It was such a nice day, sunny with clear skies. After eating, Hara even thought of going out together for a stroll or just to shop like usual. They would usually do that on weekends, especially with Hara being so interested in fashion, Nicole would usually tag along and check different clothing stores from different districts. It was fun and Hara really enjoyed the time they’d spend together doing simple things.

 

“Nicole” Hara called again, “Are you not going to wake up?”

 

There was no hope. Hara sighed and went back out. She needed a way to wake the girl up without creating too much noise or using ice – because she doesn’t deem those methods very appropriate. But it was no use. She thought hard and long, but there was nothing. No ideas. Maybe she should just let Nicole sleep, eat pancakes by herself then go out by herself as well. She’ll leave a note behind and Nicole can figure things out herself.

 

She didn’t particularly like that idea either.   

 

Hara decided to go back one last time and attempt to wake the girl up. If she fails, she'll have to go solo for the day – much to her disliking. She went and squatted beside Nicole’s bed again, “Wake up!” she hissed.

 

No response.

 

“Breakfast is getting cold” Hara said, “Wake up Nicole.”

 

No response.

 

“Seriously, wake up.”

 

No response.

 

Hara decided to just give up and go solo. She shook the girl one last time, “Nicole, wake up. Please.” There really was no hope. Hara had officially given up and decided to just go eat now, since there was clearly no point staying here. She looked at the girl who was sound asleep and it made her want to sleep too suddenly. Nicole was all cuddled up and she looked so happy being in dreamland.

 

“Just five minutes…” Hara warned herself as she carefully crawled into bed with Nicole, trying her best not to wake the girl – not that she should be worried in the first place. She snuggled in with Nicole and smiled as she felt the girl’s warmth behind her.

 

Hara turned her body around to face Nicole, “Can you wake up?” she asked again. She didn’t want to give up in the end. She still wanted to eat breakfast with Nicole and go out with her. It’s not the same without her.

 

Soon Hara felt Nicole’s arms snake around her waist and pull her closer. Her face heated up, “Uh… Nicole? Are you awake?”

 

Nicole shook her head.

 

Hara gasped, “Were you awake this whole time?”

 

The ‘sleeping’ girl opened one eye before closing it again, “No…”

 

“I can’t believe you, now breakfast is all cold” Hara couldn’t believe Nicole had been pretending this whole time “I can’t believe you were awake the whole time.”

 

Nicole smiled, “I couldn’t help it.”

 

“What?”

 

“I liked the attention.”

 

“Yah… I thought I had to go solo today.”

 

“Really?” Nicole opened her eyes, “You don’t need to go solo.”

 

“Yeah, now I don’t.”

 

“Where did you want to go?” Nicole asked.

 

“I don’t know” Hara shrugged, “A walk or shopping or just wandering around aimlessly. Anything really, I just wanted to be out.”

 

“I’m not too keen on that though,” Nicole said.

 

“Why?” Hara raised her eyebrows questioningly, “But you love going out too.”

 

“I don’t know… I just feel like today is better indoors.”

 

Hara nodded, “What do you want to do then?”

 

“I just want to cuddle with you” Nicole said with a big grin, “We haven’t done it for ages.”

 

Hara gave a chuckle, “You’re such a child.”

 

“Can't be helped. I love hugging you.”

 

Hara smiled, “Okay. We’ll stay in and cuddle then.”