Saying I Love You (Sunmi x Lim) [Special Bonus Chapter]

12 Ships 12 Days

Evilauthor
A/N This was inspired by Wonder girls song, Saying I Love You I even put some of the lyrics in here if you can spot them lol. K said this was her fav WG song so I did my best to write something based off of it. Hope you like it~ <3

 

Lim's Pov:
"You said you were going for a walk. What kind of walk takes six hours?"

"A long one?" Why isn't she taking this seriously? This is serious! She should be taking this seriously!

"You never called me back," I said. "I called you so many times and you never called me back." I looked at Sunmi as if she'd lost her mind. She set her jaw in a stubborn line. "I want to know why you haven't called me back." 

She threw her hands up in the air in a gesture of utter exasperation. "You're an idiot." There was an electric anger in her gaze, and a sort of challenge that made me long to hit her with something heavy. Like a pickup truck. 

"Is that why you haven't called me? Because I'm an idiot?" I glared at her, moving in closer toward her. And instead of her being frightened by my glare, she looked down avoiding my stare and her cheeks started to flush.

"No..." I stood right in front of her. "I was, busy, doing something..." Her eyes flutter up to meet mine and it wasn't till she said that had I realized how disheveled Sunmi looked, her dress streaked with dust, her hair snarled from the wind. She tried to smooth it down discreetly, I couldn't help but let out a big grin figuring out what she had been doing. She was dressed quite nice for one and two, she always called me back, in fact she never really even missed my phone calls when I did call.

"I knew it!" My lips curled up in a smirk. Sunmi is very gullible, it's easy to trick her into doing and saying something without her even knowing she had done or said it. But in this case, there was no need in tricking her for I already knew what she had been up to. "Busy planning something for our two year anniversary, right?" I said, and I saw Sunmi's eyes go wide before she averted my gaze. That was way too easy.

"Can you stop trying to ruin the surprise and go get ready?" She replies bashfully, biting down on her lower lip as I let out a giggle. "Wear a dress like me." 

"A dress? Really?" Sunmi knew I wasn't a dress kinda girl, sure I owned some but I rarely wore them. But seeing the pout on Sunmi's lips, I gave in anyways. I could never say no to her. So I leave her in the living room as I started getting ready, putting on a nice sun dress and some makeup to go along with it.

Me and Sunmi had been friends for two whole years now, feels like time went by so fast. Sure we've been friends for this long, but we've only been dating for three months. I've always liked Sunmi as more then a friend since the moment I met her. After thinking my feelings would never be returned and on the verge of giving up, Sunmi did the unexpected and confessed to me. Of course she didn't start having feelings for me as quickly as I did for her, it took her longer to realize her feelings, but I'm glad she had.

"Okay, how's this?" Sunmi was busy looking at herself in the mirror trying to sort out her hair when I walked up behind her. She saw me in the reflection of the mirror and fell open gawking at me.

"Look, did you only ask me to put on a dress just so where you could stare at me? Next time I can just send you a photo."

"And I'll frame it and put it on my nightstand." Said Sunmi with a big smile plastered on her face. She steps away from the mirror and grabs ahold of my hand, not saying another word as she led me out the front door.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see~" She's walking us through my apartments hallway, heading towards the elevator.

"This is crazy." I said in an undertone.

"I'm crazy." She was on the brink of smiling again. "About you."Sunmi had said it so quickly. Her face goes bright red and I could tell she was praying for her words to have been comprehensible so I wouldn't make her repeat them. 

Even though me and Sunmi known each other for two years now, we still haven't said I love you to one another. Saying I love you, meant differently for us. For us it meant more, it wasn't a word you just throw out there. But for her, she always said she wanted to confess more sweet and unforgettablely, like those lovers do in the movies. But for me, I want to make it more special and not just a passing by moment. I want the day we say I love you to each other to be remembered more beautifully than any other day.

"Uhh, why are we going up to the roof?" We're now in the elevator, and instead of going down to the lobby, we're going up, all the way up, to the rooftop to be exact.

"Stop trying to ruin the surprise and just go along with it Lim." She utter, sounding fairly annoyed. What is she up to? What could that old nasty and unpleasant rooftop have to do with our anniversary? That place was disgusting, though it does hold a significant memory to us. In my point of view I would say it was really the breaking point for us to the transition from just friends to lovers.

Sunmi was upset over a bad break up with that jark she dated. (for way too long in my opinion) She came over to my apartment dropping down to her knees the minute I opened my front door, she began to bawl like a child, it hurt me just as much to see her like that, but Sunmi didn't think I understood what it felt like or what she was going through so in a fit she ran off and in her distress state she accidentally pressed the up button instead of down in the elevator. I followed her of course, which ended up bringing us to finding this icky rooftop. There was a revolting smell that lingered in the air and the stench became nauseating after awhile. But besides how disgusting the place was, I stayed there with her, giving my all in comforting her, I can't even count how many lame or corny things I said to her that day trying to cheer her up. I would do anything to make Sunmi happy.

"Alright, this is it! My six hours of hard work," Sunmi laughed, a funny, jubilant kind of laugh as she twirled around. I couldn't believe my eyes. "Just for you." I couldn't think of anything to say. I was idiotically entranced by the way she said, just for you. The tone of it. The way her lips formed the vowels. The timbre of her voice stuck in my head like music. I was stunned.

Sunmi reached her hand toward mine and I automatically put my fingers in hers. With a ecstatic little smile she pulled me towards the table dead and center of the rooftop. I couldn't believe this, the old nasty and unpleasant rooftop of my apartment was, well, no longer any of that. It was amazing, clean, breath taking. 

"What? H-how? When?" I stuttered as I looked around at everything. Her smile widened though it was still shy. It was absolutely adorable and my breath got caught somewhere in my throat.

"Surprise!" She pulls out my seat and pushes it back in once I was seated. I was so mesmerized by not only how clean this place now looked, but also by all the decorations, there were sparkly lights hanging, roses, candles. Looked like a picture straight out of a movie. "Me and your landlord made a deal. If I cleaned this place up free of charge, then I could do whatever I wanted with it. Pretty good deal huh?" Sunmi simpered, looking pleased with herself.

"My god, it must have been horrible cleaning this place up." She gave me a nonchalant shrug. "You did all this, just for me?" She nodded her head enthusiastically. "Why?"

"Because I'm so lovable."

"I don't know if I would say lovable."

"Okay, what word would you use then?" I leaned back in the seat, thinking, as Sunmi looked at me doubtfully. She was right to look doubtful. My head didn't work with words very well, at least not in this abstract, descriptive sort of way.

"Sensitive" I tried, and Sunmi tried to hold back a laugh.

"Squishy." Sunmi translated, making the both of us giggle. So we're going to play this game huh? A game me and Sunmi randomly made up one day out of boredom. I would say one word and she'll translate it into another.

"Creative."

"Dangerously 4D."

"Thoughtful."

"Feng shui." I laughed so hard at that one I snorted.

"How did you get feng shui out of thoughtful?"

"You know, because in feng shui, you arrange funiture and plants and stuff in thoughtful ways." Sunmi shrugged. "To make you calm. Zenlike. Or something. I'm not one hundred percent sure how it all works, besides the thoughtful part." After laughing to our hearts content we just seat there for a good minute, just looking at one another.

"What do you want to eat?" She broke the silence, asking a common question when on a date, but I thought why not have some fun?

"Baby bunnies." She narrowed her eyes, so I grinned and said, "Adult bunnies too, I'm an equal opportunity bunny eater."

"So pasta it is!" We bust out in laughter once again, I didn't think I could be anymore happier than I am right now, this feels like a dream. Even though this was our two year anniversary of friendship, she was treating this as if it was our two year anniversary as a couple.

After we were done eatting, Sunmi suddnely gets up and puts her hand out to me. The wind bowling her hair around, she looked exremely beautiful.

"Would you like to?" She says. Her voice is hardly audible above the wind, so low it’s barely a whisper.

"Would I like to what?" My heart is roaring, rushing in my ears, and though there are still several inches between her hand and mine, there’s a zipping, humming energy that connects us, and from the heat flooding my body you would think we were pressed together, palm to palm, face to face. Once she put on some music throught her phone, I now knew what she meant.

"Dance," She asks, at the same time closing those last few inches by taking my hand and pulling me up. We dance. I rest my head on her shoulder as we sway back and forth. I could feel her grip around my waist tighten, she was tentative about something. I could tell.

"What are you hasitating about?" I ask as I look at her.

"I've been waiting for the right moment." What does she mean by that? Is there not a better moment then this one? She rises her hand to my face, her fingers skate the edge of my jaw, dance briefly over my lips. I knew with her stare and gesture what she meant now. "I'll say it now, the thing I've been saving just for you." 

"Say it." I encourage her, we couldn't take our eyes off of each other. 

"I love you," Her hand reached over and began her fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and let her drive me crazy. "I love your smile that's brighter then the sun, and the two hands that hug me. I love everything about you Lim."

"I love you too." I knew the second I met Sunmi that there was something about her I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about her at all. It was just her. Herself, she completes me. "Tell me more."

"No." She shook her head. "Kiss," she whispered in my ear. It wasn’t a question, but a warning. She grinned when I didn’t protest, and lowered toward mine. The first touch was just that, a touch. A teasing, tempting softness. I my lips and Sunmi's grin deepened.

"More?" She asked. I curled my hands into her hair, pulling her closer.

"More."

Saying I love you. 

Sure, I had a perfect scenario planed out in my head, but I don't think it could have been anymore perfect then this. I wouldn't change this moment for anything.