Chapter 6

IU x Zion T.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continued…

Ji eun put a palm to her forehead cursing herself.

Carrying a concerned expression, the man ran towards our direction, meeting us halfway on the narrow road.

“Ji eun-ah…seriously, what are doing here?”  he exasperated, using both of his hands to hold her face.

 “Ah, let go I’m fine..” she groaned, calmly removing his hands from her.

The man in front of us had grown out fluffy black hair and looked around my age, maybe a couple years older. I watched as the man analyzed Ji eun’s distressed expressions, and once he realized she was she had some to drink, he diverted his gaze towards me. He studied me for a while trying to figure out whether I was who he thought I was. His staring was interesting. It felt like a cross between being frustrated I was with Ji eun and contemplating how to address a person like me. I was so confused.

“You’re Zion..T?” he asked in the form of a fact.

“ah, y-yeah..” I replied to the mystery man.

He proceeded to slightly bow, and as did I, still wondering who this man was. I thought it must’ve been her boyfriend or something judging by his defensive expression from the start of spotting us.

 Throughout this whole exchange Ji eun mumbled broken phrases; something along the lines of “why are you here?”, and “I already saw you today”.

 “I’m Ji eun’s manager, thank you for taking care of her…um I’ll be taking her home. I sent someone to pick up her car. You can go back to the event now. Sorry.” he explained.

“okay” I spoke, acknowledging the turn of events.

He gave a nod that bided farewell, and then he grabbed Ji eun’s wrist, guiding the groggy girl to the passenger side of his van, shutting the door for her. She didn’t say goodbye to me, or rather she seemed to have forgotten I was there after her manager had appeared. I’m guessing she was surprised by his force. It wasn’t forceful enough for me to label it aggressive, but rather I had the feeling maybe Ji eun wasn’t used to this kind of treatment from him. I moved to the sidewalk after the whole ordeal and observed the two as they pulled out from the parking spot. As he inched his way out of the tight parallel parking space, with one hand behind her head rest and one hand on the wheel, I could see Ji eun sunken into her seat, looking upon his stoic face with a type of guilt. It was interesting. She was flustered, yet guilty. It’s hard to put an exact name on it.

Oddly enough, I felt some type of guilt as well. As I walked back to my car and drove home, I began to wonder if it was right of me to hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter