Chapter 10

IU x Zion T.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later

IU POV

 

 On a quiet day at the studio, while I was brainstorming ideas for a possible song idea, I received a random call from Haesol.

“hello?”

“Ah, hello. Sorry if this is not a good time..”

He’s always so courteous.

“no, it’s alright really, I’m just sitting. haha why’d you call?”

 “I have this favor…and I need your help”

“oh okay, what’s the favor?”

 

A favor.. from me?

“I’ve been thinking about doing a remake. It’s kind of experimental. I was wondering if you could lend me your expertise.”

“My expertise? What would you need?” I responded, trying to conceal how baffled I was.

“I was thinking of doing a mini tribute album. Kind of like your remake album. I feel like you have really good sense making oldies’ into something that’s not completely different, but still appealing in a different way.”

I couldn’t believe an artist like Hae sol was consulting me for advice. I was already sold on the idea, but I kept silent just to hear more of his pitch.

“I think your opinions would be a big help in figuring out how to execute this nicely but respectfully.” He praised.

“hm” I voiced, stalling on purpose to see what he’d say.

 

“I need my sweater back.” he said as his last plea.

Wow, he’s very adamant about this!

“I was just joking with the hesitation..haha of course I’ll help oppa! What would you like me to look over?”  I said with an obvious excitement.

“I was actually thinking…well, maybe we can meet up soon and discuss everything in detail, if you’re not busy…are you free Friday night?”

“Oh… actually, you might be lucky, I might be free! But, I’ll have to check my schedule again”

“Okay.” He said calmly.

“I need to call my manager and then I’ll text you, alright oppa?”

“Oh, okay. Talk to you soon. Bye”

 

I actually didn’t need to call my manager; he was in the studio with me, but staying on the phone with Hae sol made me nervous. I don’t know why. But what I do know is that I need to ask chipmunk manager about this plan with utmost sincerity. He’s so tough to persuade. He literally needs an idea hammered into his head in order for him to let me do something.

“Oppa” I chimed

“yes?”

 “I would have never thought someone like him would want to seek out my advice, but…Hae sol, the singer Zion t, he just asked me for a favor. He wants help on a remake track. I want to meet up with him after the filming this Friday. Can I?”

“This is kind of sudden, did the company set this up? I wasn’t notified..” He complained as he started scrolling through his calendar.

“No, no. This is my own connection. Loen didn’t plan this, I want to.” I clarified.

“..Won’t you be tired? The filming is long on Friday…”

“I mean, it’s okay because I’ll probably be out for only a bit… This is such a good opportunity! Actually, after the concert, I couldn’t stop thinking about R&B. If we actually meet up, It’ll give me the chance to bring up my interests in the genre.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter