Chapter 11

IU x Zion T.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continued…

 

“Do you like acting?”

“Of course I like acting, I act. haha”

What kind of question is that?

“I mean like, sometimes singers that act, they have to…I don’t know how to word it…” he spoke, very carefully with his words.

“What? You mean like they force me to do it? No, of course not. Haha, I don’t do things I don’t want to do.”

“Of course, sorry for offending you..”

“Oh, no you didn’t! “idol-turned-actors” is a really big market ploy used by companies, so I get why you would wonder. I could understand why people would come to that conclusion, but no, my company mostly supports what I want to do. Actually, it was my idea to start acting.”

“Ah, I see. I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. Haha, the frustrating part is just what comes with what I want to do.” I confessed.

 “sorry, am I not making sense… “

“yeah, explain further.”

“Um, to be honest, it was quite difficult to get here. I mean, well…my manager is very careful about me going out and it aggravates me so much. I want to do a lot of things, but my life won’t let me…but for today, I fought earnestly to work with you despite my filming!”

“Oh, okay I understand now. But, I do you really need to feel tha way?”

“What do you mean?”

“People, everyone...we don’t always get what we want. I know you know this. I know from what I’ve observed is that you’re very humble and hardworking person. But, you shouldn’t stress. It’s just a fact that you can’t tackle everything... do you kind of see where I’m getting at?"

“Umm…”

“I mean…let’s say two doors are open at the same time. You can’t always go through both. Maybe, you’d try to go through one to see what’s on the other side, but by the time you go back to go through the other one, it might be closed.”

I gave him a blank stare. I was following, but I just didn’t know what to say.

“What I’m trying to say is…you have to take one path in stride. You have to feel a strong sense of purpose with your decisions, and accept that life will sometimes prevent you from making others.”

Now I’m confused. Is he telling me to not act?

“You’re silent. If you think I’m referring to you being a musician and an actress, I’m not. I speaking in regards to the distress about tackling other projects when one is already at hand. Like…this, today. If not meeting me today would mean you’d get a better night’s sleep, then I’d rather you make that decision. But of course, I’m grateful that you’ve made the time to meet up, and frankly, I don’t want you to leave just yet.”

As I internalizing his metaphor, I understood it all. He definitely has a way with words, but there’s something that he’s missing. How do I word it?...this intimate talk makes me nervous.

“Ah, okay. Well, I know what I stress about might seem small, but I can’t help but want more for myself... because I have such a platform that can enable me to do anything, I feel like I should always make use of it…but that very platform also prevents me from feeling at ease and it saddens me.”

“Oh, I see”

“ I know it may seem small, but to me…its..I don’t know…” I muttered as I fell silent.

 “Ah, your silence puts me in unease... haha I’m not saying you’re being overly ambitious, and I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to be incredibly ambitious. I’m saying that when things don’t go as planned, don’t get too worked up. Everyone deals with not getting what they want, but other doors open. Of course our circumstances may be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter