Chapter 4

IU x Zion T.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continued...

“hyung, why didn’t you pour me one?” Jonghyun whined with puppy eyes.

“You didn’t clarify if it was a 1 on 1 thing or…”I said in my defense.

“Whatever!”

Before I could protest, Jonghyun quickly prepared 3 shots and counted off. To my surprise, I complied a second time. I think I’m enjoying this.

Since it was her forth shot of the night, Ji eun started to fan herself. “It’s hot”, officially became the reoccurring statement of the night.

“Ah, I shouldn’t have drank this much.. hah… I’m really gonna destroy myself.” Ji eun professed, carrying a displeased expression.

Jonghyun and I looked at each other; we weren’t sure if we should laugh or ask her if something was wrong. Just as I was about to ask what was on her mind, but she began to giggle at herself. I let the moment pass.

As the night progressed, dinner came to an end, meaning more alcohol was consumed by not just the three of us, but the rest of the guests. I started opening up a bit more and chatted with the familiar faces I’ve met before, asking them about their recent projects, and sparking small talk. I guess this is the charm of drinking. After a bit of mingling with the others at our table, the three of us found our way back to conversing between ourselves.

“I don’t usually drink. It usually doesn’t appeal to me.” I confessed.

“Oh, I think..I think drinking is great! But, I really shouldn’t have drank this much because I’ll have to drive home tonight”

 “Ji eun ah, you are going to sober up here. You’re not driving until I give you the OK” Jonghyun said sternly, despite being tipsy himself.

Ji eun looked at Jonghyun with a kind of distaste that could not have been an act.

“Ohh, ok  yeah. Do you want to be my manager or something? I don’t like that...” She replied in an exasperated voice.

She rested her palm on her chin, waiting for his response after those biting words.

That was annoying.

“He’s looking out for you.” I corrected her.

She was shocked by my-matter-of-fact tone. Still, she held up her defense.

“I understand his intent, I do. I apologize if I, a person that wishes to have a free will, offends you. I do, I truly do.” She said, speaking sarcastically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter