011

You Are My Princess

Tonight, everyone was just too lazy to cook. For dinner, they called in for a delivery of chicken and pizza. It was a long wait for the food, however it was worth it.

"Waaaa," Seungkwan gasped, "when was the last time we had chicken?"

"Um, like two weeks ago?" Hansol replied.

"Are you sure? It felt like months!" Jeonghan stuffed a chicken into his mouth. The dinner was filled with lots of talking and laughter.

Seungcheol, still being a stubborn baby, stayed quiet and awkwardly distant. Honestly, he felt very guilty. He deeply regretted calling Minghao a foreigner. He knew how much Minghao had to go through to come to Korea for a better life. In order to live and get away from the loan sharks, he had to flee his homeland, leaving everything that was once familiar behind. The boy had gone through so much pain and horrible, traumatizng experiences at such a young age. Seungcheol was aware of how much Minghao wanted to fit in, so he knew calling the younger a foreigner could break their friendship. However, it wasn't intentional. Being so angry, words just came pouring out of his mouth - he didn't mean it.

"M-Minghao?" Seungcheol hesitantly called out. His first word since the dinner started. "M-minghao?" he tried again. This time, everyone quited down and looked at him. Minghao heard his name being called out, and he knew who it was, but he decided to ignore Seungcheol and kept looking at Young Mi. "Minghao," Seungcheol called a third time.

"What," Minghao finally answered, "are you going to call me a foreigner again and tell me all the many reasons why I don't fit in?" He finally turned to look the older in the eyes. Seuncheol, along with everyone else was shocked. Jun was the only one Minghao had told what Seungcheol had said.

"Y-You called him a foreigner hyung?" Chan asked, eyes beginning to get watery. Although Chan wasn't a foreigner, the fact that the word 'foreigner' was brought up had made everyone think about everyone's unmentionable past.

"I-I-" Seungcheol didn't know what to say. What was he supposed to say? "I-it's true but-"

"I can't believe you..." Jihoon looked at him with dissapointed eyes. Everyone did the same. Minghao put his pizza down and left the room.

"You should go to him, we can take care of Seungcheol hyung," Mingyu whispered into Youngmi's ear. She nodded and followed Minghao.

After the coast was clear of Youngmi and Minghao, they all turned back to Seungcheol. "Are you serious?" Jeonghan asked sternly. "Are you out of your mind??!"

"What makes you think it's okay to say that hyung." Seokmin asked, eyes shooting daggers.

"We all know to NEVER speak like that! We know not to bring up or pasts or to remind each other about it!" Wonwoo added.

They all waited for the oldest's answer, however he couldn't because of his pride. They all scoffed.

"You know how much it hurts him, calling him a foreigner. We're Korean citizens!" Jun exclaimed.

 

Youngmi followed Minghao into the room. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah..." he mumbled. She took a seat on the bed across from him.

"Don't lie..."

"Okay fine," he sighed, "I'm really hurt that he called me a foreigner. He knows how much I want to fit in with everyone else..."

"I know it hurts, hearing those words coming from him. Now, I don't know about everyone's past, let alone my own past, so I can only give words of encouragement. You shouldn't let words hurt you. They're just words. They don't have any weapons, they don't give us bruises, there's no physical pain involved. Although it hurts on the inside, don't let it get to you. Words only hurt if you let them hurt you." Minghao stayed quiet, processing the words of wisdom given to him. "I know you're a strong guy. Beat the word instead of letting it beat you." He let out a soft chuckle.

"You're right," he gave her a soft, sheepish smile, "I guess I was being a bit dramatic. Now that I think of it, being called a foreigner isn't something to be ashamed about. I should probably embrace the culture of my motherland." The two chuckled. Minghao stood up and gave Youngmi a hug. "Thanks," he said.

"Anytime," she smiled.

 



Hello everyone!

I'm so sorry you had to wait so long for an update!

Since I'm out of school, I'll be updating more often!

However, I do have a college course I'm taking so please forgive me if I'm not able to update.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter even though it was so short

Thank you!