Fallen

A Kidnapped Daughter In Law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3631 words. Really sorry for the ultra late update :((((( You may re-read  the chapter before this to not feel weird :) 

-----

 

 

"Ahahahahah. Eh anyway, I still dont know your name. What is your name, my dear?" Mrs Hwang asked. 

Jungkook flashed his smile, "It's Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

Hyemi's parents were in a daze for a second. He, is a Jeon. The thought swirled their minds, making Hyemi curious. "Appa?" 

Mr Hwang fake coughed, "Ah... Jeon Jungkook... Has it been long since you be friend Hyemi?" 

The conversation they had for the dinner the past hour was enough for the elders to know that he was the boy Hyemi was gonna get married to. And they were unexpectedly nervous. How careless of them not to ask his name since the start.

"Oh no, uncle. It hasnt been long. The teacher changed the seats so we had to be seatmates." He chuckled, making the elders sighed in relief. He was damn polite, making them struggle to hate him. It wasnt that they had a reason to. 

But though, it wasnt that the idea of their daughter being arranged in a marriage is acceptable. They wanted her to be like normal teenagers. Get in a relationship, and marry the love of her life. It was hard for them, and it will be harder on Hyemi thats for sure.

"Yah. You made it sound so helpless." Hyemi hissed under her breath. Her parents just laughed. 

"Oh my, I should take my leave." He was about to stand when Mr Hwang cleared his throat, indicating for her wife to do something. 

"No, Jungkook. Just a minute, would you mind?" Mr Hwang said, asking his wife to bring Hyemi to the kitchen. 

The atmosphere was chilly after the females went away. 

"So... I believe you know what I want to ask you?" Mr Hwang said, getting straight to the point. Jungkook nod, smiling as polite as ever. He lowered his head, inhaling a breath. 

"Sir, I would like to make your daughter my wife. I am sorry I never met you before but I really love your daughter. I promise I will cherish her with all my power and make her happy in every way possible. May I?" 

Mr Hwang really didnt know what to say. He was still unsure about his move even after a decade. But Jungkook was good, he could see. The only worry he has was that Hyemi might get hurt with the arranged marriage.

Who wouldnt anyway? 

"Jungkook, you know I cant say no. Its a promise I made years ago. And I believe you'll treat her right but it is really Hyemi that worries me. Im afraid she might get upset from the idea." 

Jungkook his lip, "Sir, if you may, I might need some time to get things straight. Would you mind not to tell  her anything about this yet?" 

Mr Hwang sighed, "It has always been that way, Jungkook. I hope you'll be the one exposing it since I wouldnt have the courage to." 

Jungkook nod, "I will, sir." 

With his last words, Hyemi and her mom was back in the dining room. 

"Youre leaving?" Hyemi asked. 

"If you wish so." Jungkook teased, making her parents laughed. 

"Yah. I was just asking. Omma..." She pouted as she held her mom's arm. 

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs Hwang." He bowed then left. 

 

The couple ushered Hyemi to her room, telling her to go to bed as it was getting late. 

"Its... him." Mr Hwang exhaled, unable to digest everything that was happening. 

Mrs Hwang pat his back, tryna be positive, "Honey, he looks nice. You shouldnt worry too much, okay?"

Mr Hwang took a seat at his favourite chair, "Remember how Hyemi told she hates his guts so much?" 

Mrs Hwang sat across him as she chuckled soflty, making her husband questioning, "What? Why are you laughing?" He was worried and his wife could laugh? Unbelievable. Hyemi might hate Jungkook with her soul and there she was, laughing. 

The wife inhaled some air before answering, "Did you see how they interact?" 

Her answer made him blink furiously, tryna remember. They were in that state. Their state. A smile crept onto his face, realizing. "Hyemi's so naive."

His wife smiled, "I know. Thats why, I hope you can relax a bit, huh? Everything's going to be fine, I bet."

The couple held hands, assuring each other. 

---------

Hyemi couldnt lie how her parents have been acting weird lately. It wasnt that she didnt notice how they act different when it comes to boys. What are they hiding? She her side, adjusting the comforter around her. She was halfway to dreamland when her phone buzzed. She pursed her lips as she already expected who it'd be. 

Asleep yet?

Hyemi tried to unhold her fist. Just how bored could he be?

What do you want?

Jungkook chuckled on the other side of the phone. He could imagine her annoyed face. How cute. He typed, 

You dont have anything tomorrow, right?

Hyemi rolled her eyes, she wanted to sleep so bad and there he was, torturing her.

Aside from school, no. Why bother?

A smirk crept onto Jungkook's face. 

I want you to stay with me for my basketball training. 

Hyemi cursed inside her head. No matter how hard she tried, Jungkook will always know how to make her stick with him. How annoying. She blew some air and put her phone back on the table. Ignoring the text. 

Its an order. 

Jungkook sent, knowing she wanted to ignore him. He waited for another 5 minutes and sent another one when she didnt reply, 

Or else Im telling the whole school we're dating.

----------------

Kringgggg 

Hyemi sighed at the bell. She was annoyed, and her appearance was telling it all. 

She slammed the door open, stealing attention from some of her classmates. She ignored them and went to her seat.

Jungkook was grinning that his mouth looked like it might ripped off, "So? Your answer?" 

Hyemi shut her eyes closed, holding her sanity together. "Just what did I do that you have to bother my life?"

Jungkook snorted, loosening her grin as he rolled his eyes, "Oh come on. You just know how fcked up your life is gonna be when I tell them."

Hyemi gritted her teeth with her eyes still closed, "Fudgecakes. Jeon Jungkook, if you want to kill me then just do so. I cant handle this torture." 

"Then marry me."

Hyemi snapped her eyes open, what did he say? "What was that?" 

Jungkook faked a blank expression, "What was what?" He purposely said it quickly so she couldnt catch it. It was his win that she was so curious about what he said. How cute.

Hyemi sighed, giving up. Just as she was about to live her life peacefully, V came into the class. He was all bright and cheerful. God knows what he went through that morning. 

"Hey guys." Oh great. Her crush was greeting her. And Jungkook. But whatever. 

"Ssup?" Jungkook brofisted. 

"Since the camp-or-whatever-you-call-it is this Friday, here's the list for things you must bring." V handed the two of them each a paper. His grin never faded.

"Oh. Where did you get this?" Jungkook asked, literally voicing out what Hyemi was thinking. 

V chuckled as he clasped his hands, "Its different for every group so Yura got that paper from Jaebum."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, mentally asking for an explanation. Hyemi on the other side tho, she expected the scenes before V gave them the papers.

He met Yura.

And for V to look so damn hyped up was also heartbreaking. They never seen him that energetic.

He ruffled his hair, grinning, "She told me to pass it to you guys. So I did." He shrugged then sat on his chair properly, ready for the first class. 

Hyemi was legit heartbroken at the thought of V dating Yura. 

"He's weird." Jungkook commented as he put the paper under his desk. Just a second after that, he glanced at Hyemi. 

Now that he thought of it, Hyemi was sad. It was sad, and not frustrated like how she was some seconds ago. He dragged his eyes to V. Is it him? He thought.

The first class of the day then started. 

-------------

"You guys wont believe me." Hyemi said coldheartedly, having a chat with her bestfriends. 

It was recess and they finally were able to chill down for a while as they were walking to the canteen. 

"Yea? Try me." Minah challenged. Her eyes that were silently focused on Jin grabbed Hyemi's attention but she shrugged it off. 

"Jungkook had dinner at my place last night." Hyemi sighed, annoyed at how he was the first b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter