Thoughts

A Kidnapped Daughter In Law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words; 3360

Hyemi who was about to enter her room gasped as she was called, "Yes?!" Her pitch wasnt exactly low, so that itself made her shocked herself.

Her parents just sighed at her. "What's wrong? You even forgot to close the door." Her father's words made her look back, God damn it she really forgot to close it back.

She closed her eyes, tryna get a grip of herself. 'Just what was I thinking?' Jungkook's last words of the day didnt make her settled. She tried to make herself believe it was just a joke like he always intended, but her trial just made her think of his words more. She couldnt stop her mind from replaying it.

'I do. Since we were kids.'

Hyemi gritted her teeth, hating Jungkook's voice inside her head.

"Sorry." Hyemi breathed out as she closed the door then went to have a seat beside her dad. It wasnt normal that her father would be home at that time. Even if he was the highest manager, he didnt take a leisure. He worked his off as long as he could, afraid that Mr Jeon will ever change his mind to even worse ideas.

"Dad, you're home early." She said as her dad hugged her.

The older man just smiled, his heart wasnt content. "The CEO told us to go home early. He was arranging a big ceremony for the company's hand over so he thought he would just leave."

Hyemi who never really know anything about her dad's boss asked, "Hand over? To whom? I thought he's doing well?"

Her dad cleared his throat for a bit, "His son. He wanted to franchise the company so the one in Seoul will be handed to his heir soon. And of course, its mandatory for me to join. But this time around, he told me to bring you all too." Hyemi just nod, she really didnt mind going to any functions though. But of course, she didnt know what kind of a function it will be.

She then stood up from her seat to help her mom who was setting the table. It wasnt really a routine for her mom to cook right after she got back from work, but since her dad was home early, they might as well spend some time together.

They soon started eating. "Hyemi-ah. How's school?" Her mom asked, anticipating.

The woman's question tho, got her sighing. "Its fine... I think."

Her parents looked at each other. "Anything going wrong?" Her dad took his turn asking.

Hyemi put her cutleries down, "I dont know. Things arent going well these days. Its been only a week since we changed our spots in class and apparently its kinda hectic."

Her mom slumped down, sad that her daughter was having problems. "Why is that?"

The daughter shrugged, "I apparently had to sit beside this boy. And he's... kinda popular. Oh come on, you know what happens after that." She sighed and picked her spoon back.

Her mom smiled, "Awww thats normal, honey. You'll get through it. Dont worry."

Hyemi chomped on her food rather loudly, "But mom, he's a jerk. I can barely handle his cocky attitude and worse, I have to go through some crazy fangirls just because I have some interaction with him. We're barely even anything!"

Her parents laughed. "Really? I think you might've showed some interest towards him though? Who'd know?" Her mom said, receiving a look from her husband. But she ignored it right away.

Hyemi though, she was too immersed in thinking about her unlucky life that she didnt realize anything, "No way! I dont- and I will never, ever, have anything for him! Just why, him ?"

Her parents shared a look despite trying not to get suspicious. "Are you... actually hoping for it to be someone else?" Her dad asked carefully, trying to dig into her heart.

Her mom joined her husband, giving a help, "Someone who you'd wish to be with, someone you wish would take an interest towards you?"

Hyemi pressed her lips, hesitating. "Well, maybe. I just hope it wouldve been someone better than that douche."

The middle-aged couple yet shared another look, acknowledging Hyemi's way of covering up. "Aw honey, maybe you need to think positively of everything for now. Who knows if your seatmate actually likes you?" She was joking, and Hyemi knew that. But she just couldnt help to cringe at the thought. It wasnt going to happen.

"Yikes!" She made a face, horrified at the silly idea.

Her mother just laughed at her reaction. "Oh darling, its not wrong for you to have feelings, you know that. It might be normal, but dont get too attached to it. It can hurt quite a lot, trust me." Those lines werent scripted though, Mrs Hwang was just lecturing her daughter as a mom. She was supposed to go with the plan Mr Hwang told her but she knew best. She was also a girl after all.

"Eomma. How did you guys fall in love though?" Her innocent question made the couple blush then laughed.

"Hyemi-ah. Why are you asking that?" Her dad asked back, rather flustered.

"We didnt fall in love." Her mom's words tho got her.

"Then how did you guys get married???" Hyemi was kinda clueless. Were they pranking her? Was she not their biological daugther? Lol she had to mentally slap herself for thinking that.

"The thing was, your dad never showed any feelings for me in any way. He acted like he hated me with all his guts and therefore, I also hated him. Such dramatic life we lived." She laughed again.

"Then how do you guys end up together?" The girl was still blank.

"It was just that one day, I was literally mad at him for something he said to me. I always did but this time around, I was really mad and he saw me crying. I didnt know why your dad suddenly made me feel all that. Omg this is rather disgusting to tell. *rolls eyes* But then I realized, I was jealous. We were stuck together for like 2 years in college and there were rumours about him having a girl --or girls, and I thought he'll leave me alone. But he didnt. Instead, he just kept on annoying me. So being the stupid me, I had my ego. So I didnt want to admit my feelings for him. But that moment he came back apologizing --on his knees, simply because I didnt stop crying, he got me."

Hyemi's mouth was hanging from all the nerve-wrecking unbelievable story her mom was telling her. "Then?"  She urged.

Her mom got up, cleaning the table. "Lets just say he did all the PDAs and I shut up and I was surprised and blablabla he confessed."

Hyemi shrieked, "GAHHHHHH MOM! WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO DRAMATIC?!" They were cleaning up everything while having that moment of flashback.

Her father was red in embarrassment, so he hid his face in his hands then rushed to their room.

"How would I know? It turns out the rumours about him was fake and I was happy, apparently. So we thought we would just keep it low and see how things flow. Then one time he asked me if he could meet my parents -I thought he was just visitting as a friend- and thats it.. Suddenly I'm married exactly 2 months after that."

Hyemi cringed at the story's ending. "Okay... That, was rather weird and inlogic. But oh well."

"Oh honey, everyone got their own love story. And I'm telling you that," The woman held the girl's shoulders, looking into her eyes, "Things that are bound to happen, will happen." Her mom then just smiled, leaving the kitchen.

The younger female was in a slight daze. Why the hell things are suddenly getting into the same frame, she'd never know. She believed her mom was just tryna cheer her up about her studies or randomly her life, but something told her it wasnt. It was something else. She huffed, tryna take things not too seriously.

 

As soon as she got to her room, she put her bag on her chair lazily. But then her eyes stopped at a bag where she put her sportshoes.

"Nothing much to thank me for.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter