Chapter 11

A Kidnapped Daughter In Law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know its been a long while since i updated. And my writing mightve been changing a lot. Idk if it has improved but it changed.  I really hope you all can forgive me and still support me. I apologize in advance. 

do read the previous chapter as the flashback connects

-----

 

 

Hyemi rubbed her eyes as her ears heard some chatter downstairs. She glanced at the clock on the wall, 6.50. Since when did her parents got so talktative right in the morning? 

She yawned, getting up from bed to get ready for school. 

At least she didnt have to wake up earlier than usual because of Jungkook. 

------

"Mom!" Hyemi called as she descended the stairs carefully, turning towards her living room. She was still rubbing her eyes to kill the sleepiness. 

"Yes darling." Her mom's cheery voice answered, making Hyemi aware of the different atmosphere. She stopped rubbing her eyes, eyeing her living room. 

 

What was he doing there? 

Before she could ask, her mom answered, "he wanted to walk you to school." 

Jungkook grinned, his eyebrows shot up. Silly, Hyemi thought. 

"But why?" She asked, thinking that it didnt make sense. 

Hyemi's parents just turned their heads at Jungkook, waiting for his reply. 

"Just because. You cannot have your foot injured again." He said as he continued eating. Hyemi took a seat across him, beside her mom. 

Hyemi snorted, "oh really? Thats so sweet of you."

She was annoyed. Jungkook has stolen her parents' attention. Right in the morning. 

"Well, darling, Jungkook here is so nice i want you to be nice to him too, alright?" Her mom said, afraid that Hyemi would make a scene. 

 

Hyemi scrunched her face, "no way." 

"Why not?" Her parents asked in unison, taken aback at her sudden rebellion. 

Hyemi sighed, glaring at Jungkook, "his fans will kill me as soon as I step on the school compound. I swear!" Scenes with Gfriend and Twice replayed in her head. 

Her parents chuckled, as well as Jungkook. 

 

How dare he.

"Youre exaggerating, Hyemi-ah." Her dad said, putting his arm on Jungkook's shoulders, "Jungkook wont let that happen." 

Hyemi huffed as she tried to get used to seeing her dad being friendly with Jungkook. "How would you know, dad?" She bore her eyes at Jungkook, hating the attention he got. 

"Well, i will protect you so dont worry. Now, shall we?" He raised an eyebrow as soon as Hyemi finished her food.

Her parents just watched from their place as Hyemi put on her bag, eyeing Jungkook out of envy. "Bye mom, bye dad." Her eyes didnt leave Jungkook as she walked away, ignoring her parents' eyes. 

 

"Whats with you?" Jungkook chuckled, watching Hyemi who was walking exactly 3 metres away from him. 

"Why so sudden?" Hyemi said, her eyes squinted at him as her arms crossed. 

"What is?" Jungkook asked, still looking at Hyemi. 

"What is it that you want this time?" Hyemi asked, still suspiscious. 

The school building was getting nearer and she was preparing to run away from him. Of course she didnt want to die so soon. 

"Hyemi, whatever it is, I dont get what you're talking about. Quit the weird act, silly." Jungkook chuckled, still facing her.

"Why do you bother to walk me?" Hyemi asked. 

"Because I want to." He answered nonchalantly, as if it was normal for them to be that close. 

As soon as the school compound was seen, Hyemi was ready to sprint off until Jungkook yanked her by her bag, "Not so fast, sleepyhead." 

Hyemi cursed, "Let me go!" She tried pulling herself away, but Jungkook was obviously stronger. 

He put his arm on her shoulders, pulling her close until she was snuggling in his arm, "Lets just walk like this now, shall we?" 

As soon as they entered the school compound, gasps and screams were heard. 

"What?!" 

"Who is that btch?!" 

"Jungkook noOooO" 

Hyemi hid her face under her hair, embarassed. But Jungkook didnt seem to care as he tightened his hold on her, looking at her endearingly.

"I swear i'm gonna kill you, Jeon Jungkook." Hyemi muttered under her breath as she denied the blush creeping onto her cheeks, making Jungkook chuckle. "How cute." 

Hyemi hissed under her breath, "i wasnt being cute, idiot." She cursed her adrenaline to flow so fast as her heart was pumping rather wildly in her ribcage. Why was Jungkook like that? 

"But you are." He whispered in her ear, making her soul leave her body, dragged by Jungkook to class, failed to realize a girl who was watching them with her fists balled. 

 

Just you wait, Hwang Hyemi. 

-----

"Why are you burning?" Minah pressed her forefinger and her middle finger horizontally on Hyemi's forehead, feeling her temperature. 

Solji gasped, cupping Hyemi's face, "Oh my. I only heard you injured yourself but were you sick too? What happened?" She asked, looking worried as ever. 

Hyemi who was blushing, slowly pulled her face away from her friends, cursing Jungkook in her head. She forced a smile, "Actually, yea. I was kind of sick." She heard Jungkook silently chuckle behind her.

That . 

"You were? Did you take your medicine yet?" Hyemi felt bad that she lied to her friends but she couldnt let them know she was blushing because of Jungkook. 

Wait what?

"Um yea. I did. Mom gave me this morning. I'm fine, dont worry." Hyemi felt weird so she shrugged her friends off, turning to the front. 

Since when did she have those reactions towards Jungkook? She bit her lip, frustrated.

"Hey. Have you packed yet?" Jimin suddenly turned to them, looking excited just like the rest of the classmates.

Sure. The camp was on the next day. 

"Nah man. Im packing tonight." Jungkook said, raising his voice a little to be heard over the class's noise. They were all talking about the camp. 

"When did the kids got so hyped up over the camp?" Minah voiced out, wondering. 

"I dont even know. But i overheard them saying the place is so nice and we'll be doing activities that are way better than our normal camps." Solji shrugged, stating the rumours. 

The rest of them just nod. "Perks of having Ms. Bora as a teacher." V commented. 

-----

"Ayyyeee." J hope said, high-fiving the 3rd graders. 

"Heres your seat, Minah." Namjoon pat the seat beside Jin, making the latter fake coughed. Minah smiled, taking her seat. 

"Yahhh theyre getting bolder." Solji commented, nudging Hyemi as Jimin pulled her closer by the shoulders, "We can get even bolder, you know." He said to her ear only to get bunch of hollers from bangtan. 

"Get a room, idiot." Yoongi smacked Jimin on his head. 

Well, Hyemi missed them all. 

"Hows your foot, Hyemi?" Namjoon asked, starting to eat. 

She smiled, "its fine now. I can walk normally." Namjoon nodded at her answer, satisfied. 

Just then a cough was heard, making them turn their head towards the source. 

"May i join?" Yura sheepishly asked as V stood beside her, grinning. 

The 4th graders hollered, making the 3rd graders confused. Mostly Hyemi. 

"Give them space please." J hope said as he clapped his hands, being the diva he was. Given that God loves Hyemi, V and Yura sat right across her, both looking sheepish as ever. 

"What is this?" Solji whispered to her ear, only to receive a cold shoulder. 

Minah pursed her lips, faking a smile, "Hi, sunbae." 

Yura smiled back, "Hi. Youre Minah, right? Oh my you look prettier up front." She chuckled, flashing her pearl white teeth. 

Hyemi clenched her chopstick, suddenly all her feelings started crawling up .

Minah coughed, playing with her food as she gazed at Yura, "So... Are you guys together?" She faked her friendly smile, worried about Hyemi. 

Yura blushed as V looked down, only teasing noises from Bangtan answered her question. Jungkook snapped his head at Hyemi, watching her reaction. He saw her eyes quiver, frustration and jealousy visible in her eyes. 

It was for a split second that Hyemi cleared , smiling, "Congrats, you two!" The girls followed suit, saying congrats. 

Well, who would like me, anyway? Hyemi thought, heaving a breath as she was drowned in the conversation bangtan held. 

"Oh right. Hows preparation for the camp?" Jimin changed the topic, barely realizing the girls' stunned expression. 

Oh great.

3 days with Jungkook. 

And watching Yura and V. 

Hyemi sulked in her seat, feeling Solji's pat on her lap. 

Yoongi let out a long sigh, "I'm so not excited." Bangtan looked at each other, hiding their grin.

"Whats wrong?" Yura asked. 

Namjoon chuckled when Yoongi just continued eating. "Jennie hates his gut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter