Wake Up

☆GOING DOWN LOW☆
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the beeps got louder as I woke up again. Fluttering my eyes open weakly, I could hear the beepings of the heart monitors and the sound of the air masks. In front of me I saw a few blurry images of people and blinking a few times cleared the image.

It was like deja vu. Like the time I was in the accident, my mother was in front of me crying her eyes out and father wiping his tears as well. Doctor Wonshik rushed over as he heard the news that I was awake.

"Hakyeon-ssi can you recognise us?" He asked and I nodded slowly. He sighed in relief.

"Where's Taekwoon?" I asked as I tried to sit up.

"Woh woh Hakyeon-ssi. You can't sit up yet. Your body requires rest right now. The shock caused your body to stress your baby and if you don't rest properly, then you could lose your baby." Mother laid me back down carefully as tears fell down the corners of my eyes.

Umma caressed my head as I closed my eyes again and fell asleep.

 

After a few days, I was told I was allowed to start moving again. Straight away I headed for the place Taekwoon was in. I stood in front of the glass window which showed Taekwoon linked to lots more machines and life supports as his body was wrapped in the white bandages. He looked practically life-less and I couldn't stand the pain in my heart. 

I barely got allowed into the room and sat down on the seat next to the bed Taekwoon was lying in. I held onto his hand tightly as I rested my head on his chest. Tears once again rolled down my cheeks and absorbed into the bandages.

"Its my fault...If I just told you to stay...If I agreed with you and told you to stay with me...Please Taekwoon-ah...Don't leave me...I can't live without you..."

There was no response at all. No movement. No words. Nothing. Nothing but the beepings of the heart monitors.

I held onto my stomach as I looked at his peaceful looking face.

"Come on Taekwoon-ah...our child needs his appa. He's holding onto his life so don't you dare let go of yours okay? If you let go of it, I will follow you and hate you for the rest of my life."

I sighed as I pecked his lips. I closed my eyes holding my tears back. 

 

Minutes turned to hours, Hours to days and days turned to weeks. My body recovered quite quickly thanks to the help of Dr. Wonshik but Taekwoon didn't seem to change at all. It seemed as if he was frozen in time alone.

" Hakyeon-ah are you sure you want to go back to work? I don't want you to stress." Yonghwa hyung said worridly as he pat my back.

I smiled softly and nodded. "If I don't I probably be stuck in depression and I don't want to cause any more problems for our child either." 

Yonghwa hyung nodded and smiled softly as well. "Younggie and I will help you with your pregnancy while Taekwoon recovers and don't worry about the media. I spent some time to stop my colleagues and reporters from airing any of these cases."

"And we'll rotate with checking on him. We'll tell you when he wakes up." Taekwoon's family said as so did my parents.

I smiled thankful for having such wonderful people in my life. "Thank you everyone."

I got into my car as Younggie drove me back to my office. I started work right away to distract myself from being hurt even more.

 At home I sat on the couch with all the lights off. Rain was pouring down as the thunder cracks lit up the sky. I rubbed my baby bump as tears ran down my cheeks uncontrollably.

"Taekwoon-ah...I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter