Part V

If You

Dara's POV:

“I finally found my way back to you,” he said.

 

Jiyong…my eyes widened, JIYONG???

 

Before I could even open my mouth, he rushed over and wraped his arms around me, “I finally found you,” he said again.

 

My whole body froze, arms plastered to my sides trying to process everything that was happening.

 

“Dee,” he hugged me tighter, “Thank goodness I found you,” he pulled away and flashed a boyish grin, “You’re in big trouble missy, leaving without a word.”

 

I gaped at him, “Ji-Jiyong…h-how…”
 

His smile immediately disappeared as a serious expression took over, “Let’s talk about this inside.”

 

“Um,” I glanced sideways trying to think of a way to refuse him. Why now? I felt my heart racing inside my chest, Why are you showing yourself now? I need more time. “It’s pretty late thought Jiyong-ah,” I nervously said.

 

“Which is exactly why we should go inside to talk. Please Sandara,” he rubbed the bridge of his nose, “I just got off the plane from a 15 hour flight, can we please just go inside? We can talk about it tomorrow or tonight if you want.”

 

I paused before glancing at the door, “Well,” I sighed and slightly slumped my shoulders, “I can’t have my best friend wandering the streets of New York at night by himself on his birthday,” I looked up and gave him a small smile. I turned and walked towards the door. As I entered the apartment, I could hear his footsteps trailing behind me. Without looking back at him, I head towards the kitchen, Keep calm Dara, just act normal. “Coffee or Tea?”

 

“Tea,” he replied as he glanced around the apartment, “Are you living by yourself?”

 

I placed a kettle onto the stove top and turn on the heat, “I was supposed to, but now Chaerin is staying with me now. Do you remember Chaerin from university?”

 

“Of course I remember her,” he chuckled, “She was one of your roommates.”

 

“Just checking,” I laugh, You got this Dara. Fighting! “I’m going to change into more comfortable clothes,” I said before heading to my room. Right as the door closed behind me, I slid to the floor, running my hands through my hair. Jiyong…Jiyong is in my living room right now…JIYONG IS HERE IN NEW YORK IN MY APARTMENT…How does he even know that I’m in New York? How the heck does he even know where I live??? Okay Dara, calm down, breathe in, I took a deep breath, and out. Okay, let’s think this out logically. Someone must have told him…but why would he come here? He came all the way to New York, but why? I slowly started to get up and changed into a pair of shorts and t-shirt. Maybe he came here to apologize, a small voice in my head said. I shook my head, “Don’t get ahead of yourself Dara,” I mutter as I tied my hair up.

 

Taking another deep breath I open my bedroom door just in time to hear the kettle whistle. As I walk over to the kitchen I heard him chuckle.

 

“What’s so funny?” I ask without looking over at him.

 

“Nothing,” he let out another chuckle, “it’s just, you look exactly the same as you did in our freshmen year.”

 

I shrug, “Some things just never change, I guess,” like how fast my heart beats for you.

 

I placed the mugs onto the coffee table and sit across from him, “So…”

 

“So?” He took a sip.

 

“What are you doing here?” I look down and anxiously grabbed my mug.

 

“For you, of course,” He said bluntly, I look up and immediately make eye contact, “Why else would I randomly come to New York on my birthday?”

 

“Ah!” I bolt up from my seat, trying to get away from his intense gaze, “That reminds me,” I quickly walk over to the refrigerator and pull out a container. I gently took out the contents and placed in onto a plate along with a fork before returning to the living room, “Happy Birthday Jiyong,” I smile.

 

He looked down at the slice of cake and gently smiled, “Thanks.”

 

“It’s as if I subconsciously knew you’d come,” I wistfully said as he took a bite of the cake, “I just bought that earlier today,” I looked down at the plate, “Sorry I don't have any candles though,” I laugh.

 

“It’s fine,” he replied, “Thank you,” he said before taking another bite.

 

“So…where were we…” The smile on my face stayed, but I felt everything but happiness, “How did you know I was in New York?”

 

“Seungri,” He let out a loud sigh, “You did a mighty fine job of preventing me from knowing where you went Dara.”

 

I looked down at my lap and nervously played with my fingers, “I…I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I mutter.

 

I heard his fork fall onto the plate, “Don’t lie to me Dara. Don’t think I don’t know how everyone, and I mean EVERY one, knew where you went, but all of them kept their mouths shut tight because you make them promise you not to tell. You want to know how I found out?”

 

Bom is the one who made everyone keep quiet about my location! I clasped my hands together tightly, “H-how?” I asked nervously.

 

“Because I looked so ing pathetic that they actually pitied me. I tried everything. I begged, pleaded, and even threatened all of them to tell me where you went. They watched me as I went crazy trying to figure out where you went, but they still wouldn’t tell me. Work? Friends? Alcohol? Nothing helped, nothing could distract me from the fact that YOU left without a word and that I had no ing clue where you went. TWO years, that’s all you told me. You’d be gone for that long and you didn’t even bother to tell me about it. I’m your best friend aren’t I? Best friends tell each other these types of things. Why didn’t you tell me you go a promotion? Or that you’re moving to ing New York for your job?!”

 

I bit my lip, trying to stop the tears from falling.

 

*SLAMMM* He slammed both of his hands onto the table causing me to look up straight into his eyes, “You know when I even found out about all of this? Yesterday….One day ago Sandara.”


*Flashback*

 

“You’re back here again Jiyong-ah?” the ahjumma asked, “Is everything alright? You’ve been coming here several times a week, where’s Dara?” she asked in concern.

 

He let out an exasperated sigh, “Just the usual ahjumma, please.”

 

“Alright,” she said as she placed a bottle of soju on the table in front of him.

 

He started at the bottle for a little bit before cracking it open and pouring himself a shot, Why are you back here? You’ve visited this place more in the last few weeks than you have since you graduated. Lifting the shot glass up, he quickly downed the first shot and poured another, Maybe because you think she’ll appear if you keep coming back to this place…to our place, the voice in his head said as he took another shot. Our place, he glanced around the food stall that was situated near the university. Since college this has been OUR place...but now you're gone and I'm the only one here...

 

“Dara-ya,” he said as he stared at the already filled shot glass, “Where are you?” Bringing the glass up to his lips, the drink was immediately gone and already traveling down his throat, “Where did you go?” He took another shot. “Dara-ahhhh” and another shot went down his throat. He took one shot after another, eventually drinking straight out of the bottle. Empty bottles started to accumulate on his table as he continued calling out for Dara.

 

“Thanks for coming, he’s right over here,” the ahjumma led Seungri over to Jiyong’s table. Jiyong’s head was on the table, surrounded by the empty bottles. “I think he’s done for the night, and we need to start closing everything down here.”

 

“Ah, yeah,” Seungri nodded, “Thanks for calling me to come get him,” he walked over to Jiyong, “Jiyong, come on, let’s go home.”

 

His head shot up off the table, “Dara??” he called as he turned to Seungri was glazed over eyes, “Is that you Dara?”
 

“No, it’s me, Seungri,” he gripped onto Jiyong’s shoulders, “can you stand up?”

 

“Daraaaaa!!” He sprang up from his seat and nearly tackled Seungri to the ground as he hugged onto him tightly. “Dara,” he tightened his hold onto Seungri. “Where have you been? I missed you so much.”

 

“Jiyong, I’m not Dara, I’m Seungri!” He yelled as he tried to push Jiyong off of him to no avail.

 

“Dara-ah,” Jiyong pulled Seungri closer, placing his head on Seungri’s shoulder, “I missed you so much…where did you go? You left me...why didn’t you take me with you?” he said before passing out.

 

“Jiyong!” Seungri cried, Couldn’t he have passed out in the taxi??? Aish. What have you done to him Dara?


*Next Morning*

 

Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open as the sunlight filtered through the windows, Aish, this is one ing bad hangover, he winced at the throbbing in his head. Where am I? He glanced around the room he was in.

 

“Oh you’re awake,” Seungri said from the doorway.

 

“Why am I here?” He frowned as he slowly sat up.

 

“Since you seemed to have forgotten, let me enlighten you,” Seungri said as he took a seat on the bed, “After you got off work, you went and drank yourself to oblivion. The nice ahjumma eventually called me to come pick you up and voila, here you are in my apartment. Lucky for you, you already took the day off from work since it's your birthday.”

 

Jiyong rubbed his temples, “Was I really that bad last night?” he asked causing Seungri to roll his eyes.

 

“Yes, you drank what 4 bottles of soju by yourself last night. When I came to pick you up, your head was on the table and when I approached you, you kept calling me Dara.”

 

He immediately stopped rubbing his temples and looked over at Seungri, “I was calling out for Dara again?”

 

“Yeah,” Seungri awkwardly looked away.

 

“And you still won’t tell me where she is?” he started to grit his teeth.

 

“I-I…you know I can’t tell you Jiyong,” Seungri tried to reason out.

 

“Please,” Jiyong grabbed onto Seungri’s shirt, “Please, can you just tell me? I’m going crazy, please?” Without letting go of Seungri, Jiyong got up from the bed and went onto his knees, “Please. Can’t you just tell me where she went? I’m on my knees, please.”

 

Seungri’s eyes widened, “Get up Jiyong, please. Don’t do this.”

 

“No, I won’t get up until you tell me,” Jiyong shook his head, “Please, it’s my birthday,” he looked up at Seungri, “It’s my birthday today…please…it’s the only thing I want. I only want to know where Dara is,” tears started to fall from his eyes onto the floor.

 

“Jiyong…” Seungri looked down at him in pity, I’m sorry Dara. “Fine...since it’s your birthday,” Jiyong looked up at him with hopeful eyes, “I’ll tell you.”

 

*End of Flashback*


“How could you not tell me? Actually that,” he shook his head and looked at me and took a deep breath, “Sorry, this isn’t what I wanted to say when we finally met up. Look Dara,” he looked at me with tired eyes, “I’m really sorry for everything…especially for slapping you. Oh god, I can’t believe I did that.” He glanced down at his hand before looking back up at me, “I’m so sorry and I know my apology will never be enough to excuse what I did. I was just under so much stress at the time with work and my parents…and unfortunately you were the one who I released all my stress on. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry for slapping you and saying all of those hateful words. I never meant any of them. Please forgive me,” he pleaded.

 

“I…” I hesitated, I’ve forgiven you a long time ago for that…but I can’t forgive you fully.

 

“Slap me if it makes you feel better. Slap me, punch me, do whatever you want to me if it means you’ll forgive me,” he said.

 

“Jiyong,” I glance down to my forgotten tea and then back up to his face, This is it Dara, don’t give in now, “I don’t think I can forgive you that easily.”

 

His face paled, “I know, I know. I did something unforgivable,” he frantically said, “Is there anything I can do to make you forgive me?”

 

“I-I don’t think so Jiyong,” I said, just give me some time. Give me enough time so that my heart won't ache every time I see you.

 

“Please Dara,” he stood up and sat down next to me, taking my hands into his, “Please, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I want us to go back to normal, I miss you so much.”

 

“I’m sorry Jiyong,” he looked at me with confusion, “I can’t forgive you.”

 

“I know I slapped you and said those hurtful words, but isn’t there any way you can forgive me? There has to be a way,” he held onto my hands tighter.

 

I harshly pulled my hands out of his grip and stood up, “this isn’t about the slap or the words you said that day,” I said as I turned away from him. Don’t break down…stay strong, I clenched my fists.

 

“What are you talk about then? What is this all about then? Please just tell me! I’m so sick and tired of being left in the dark,” he said with frustration.

 

“The day we were supposed to meet, the day you got back together with Sohee, do you remember?” I softly ask.

 

“What?” he paused, “Yeah, I remember, I apologized for ditching you though, didn’t I?”

 

I turned around to face him with cold eyes, “You really don’t remember, do you? You don’t remember how I waited at your place for hours only for you to show up late and reeking of alcohol. That,” I shook my head, “that I can tolerate because we’re friends. But the moment that Sohee appeared you completely forgot that I even existed.” I poked his chest, “You easily threw me out of your life like a piece of trash just because of some girl. Do you know how much that hurts? Well, do you?”

 

His eyes widen, “I-I…oh god,” He closed his eyes as the fuzzy memories from that night start to come back to him. “You were there…I told her that I’d push you out of my life for her…oh god how can I be that stupid. Dara, please, I’m so sorry. You know I don’t mean that, you’re my best friend,” he extended a hand towards me.

 

I gently flicked his hand away and stare at him with blank eyes, “Best friends don’t readily throw away their friendship Jiyong.”

 

Hurt and regret was written all over his face, “Dara…I’m so sorry.”

 

“I’m ba-Kwon Jiyong,” Chaerin glared at him from the doorway.

 

Jiyong looked over at Chaerin right as she ran over towards him and landed a punch on his face, my eyes widen in shock as I watched him starting to stumble, “What the are you doing here you bastard?!” She yelled as she punch him again causing him to fall on the floor. “Who snitched, huh? How dare you come here after everything you’ve done!” She kicked his side making him start to cough. “Go back to Korea,” she kicked him again, “Why are you even here?”

 

I watched as he kept coughing and ignoring Chaerin’s words. “I’m here for Dara,” He coughed again as Chaerin landed another kick to his side, “God Dara, I miss you so much,” his locked my gaze with his pleading eyes, “without you, I feel like even the air I need to breathe is gone.”


A/N: Hello! Here's the new update ^__^ sorry I didn't update sooner, I had exams that I needed to study for and then I went to KCON in LA over the weekend! Hmmm I wonder if any of you guys went keke 

Anyways, thanks for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting! I love reading the comments and I'm glad you guys are enjoying this fanfic xD

Hope you liked this update too! Sorry it's shorter than previous chapters >___< I'll try to post the next chapter soon.

Oh, how'd you guys like "E" album? "Let's not fall in love" and "Zutter"?

Remember to comment, upvote and subscribe :3

Until Next Time! Pyong~