Part X

If You

1 year later.

 

“Please remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop. Luggage stored in the overhead bins could have shifted during the flight, please open with caution. On behalf of Korean Air, we thank you for choosing us as your airline. For those returning to Korea, welcome back, and to those who are visiting, have a pleasurable trip in Korea. Thank you,” the captain concluded before turning off the intercom.

Finally home, my lips started to curl up as I felt the plane come to a complete stop.

Quickly exiting the plane and passing through customs, I pushed my cartful of luggage towards the airport exit, now where is-Out of the corner of my eye I saw a bright pink poster, Wait…is that? I burst out laughing as I walked toward it.

“Ya! Why are you laughing?” He pouted.

“Sorry,” I tried to muffle my laughter, “I just,” I started to giggle again, “What is this?” I ask pointing to his sign.

“Can’t you see?” He pouted holding up his poster higher, “Jiyong’s Ssantokki,” he read as he pointed to the corresponding characters.

“I can read, you know?” I teased as I pinched his cheek.

“Then why are you laughing at me?” he pouted again.

“Because you’re so cheesy,” I squealed as I scrunched my face, He would something like this.

“I missed you Tokki,” he whispered as he lowered the sign and cupped one of my cheeks.

My hand slowly slipped away from the cart as I lifted both of them to cling onto his jacket, “Me too Jiyongie,” I whisper as tears started to prick my eyes. God, I missed him so much, I thought as a surge of emotions started to well up inside of me.

Completely dropping the sign he wrapped his free arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. “I’ve missed you so much Dee,” he murmured into my hair as he peppered my head with small kisses. Pulling away, he looked deep into my eyes, “I love you,” he said before closing his eyes and planting a kiss onto my forehead.

I could feel my whole body shake at the body contact, Why are you so nervous? It’s just Jiyong…Eyes closed, I felt his lips linger on my forehead and my heart racing, but that’s the thing. It is Jiyong. Just his presence makes my whole body react, the smallest smile could make my heart race. Can I really survive being thing close to him day after day?

 


 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Give the poor boy a break Dara,” Chaerin said as she took a sip of her drink, “He loves you, heck,” she shook her head in slight disgust, “He’s practically let everyone in the whole entire world know how much he loves you. It’s kind of sickening.”

“I know,” I mutter as I held my drink between my hands. “I just…”

She let out a loud sigh, “I know you love him, so what’s stopping you?”

I didn’t answer her and just took another sip of my drink, wincing at the sharp alcohol taste.

“Come one Dara,” she said as she pushed the drink away from me, “I’m your best friend, you can tell me anything.”

“I just,” I sighed as I turned towards her, “I just don’t know if I’m ready.”

“You don’t know if you’re ready?” She asked in disbelief, “What have you been doing for the last year??? He confessed to you for the first time over a year ago.”

“I know, I know,” I shook my head, “I…I’m scared.”

“Why?”

“What if he breaks my heart again Chae?” I asked her desperately, “I don’t think I could handle it if he broke my heart again. I thought I was done after him and Sohee, but he’s wormed his way back in,” I bit my lip, “I’m so tempted Chae. I’m so tempted to let him back in, I’m…I’m just scared.”

“I know where you’re coming from Dara,” Chaerin placed a hand onto my shoulder, giving it a little squeeze, “But look what he’s done for you. Not for someone else, not for any other reason than wanting to see you again. How long has it been?” She asked thoughtfully, “it’s already October now, so it’s be 2 years and a few months since he first chased you here. And ever since then he’s been trying to talk to you again, to mend your relationship. More than that, for the last year or so he’s been confessing non-stop of his love for you. Don’t you think that’s saying something Dara? Actions speak louder than words sometimes, and trust me, he says those words pretty loudly,” she teased, “Whenever he could, he’s made trips out here, just for you. I’ve seen the look in his eyes each time he has visited. There’s so much love and care in his eyes, it’s slightly nauseating, but it insanely sweet. He treats you like a queen when he’s here and looks like a sad, lost puppy when he has to leave. Don’t you think you’ve tortured him enough Dara? You’ve made him wait for so long, just stringing him along because you’re scared to take a leap of faith. I know how much he’s hurt you in the past, but the past is the past. I think you’re ready to move forward Dara, and I know Jiyong will make you the happiest woman alive. Don’t be afraid to take that leap of faith,” Chaerin took my hands into hers, rubbing the back of my palm with her thumbs, “Isn’t Jiyong worth at least that much?”

“Of course he’s worth it,” I quickly answered as I bit the inside of his cheek.

“Then there’s your answer,” she smiled.

 


 

A couple weeks later.

 

“I…I better get going,” Jiyong said sadly as he looked over towards the security check in.

Feeling the pain in my chest at the thought of him leaving, I showed him a bittersweet smile, “I guess so,” I said before looking down and fiddling with the hem of my shirt, “Thanks for coming for my birthday Ji, you really didn’t have to.”

“I wanted to Dee,” he placed his finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him, “Because you’re worth it. Thank you for these past three days, it’s been absolutely wonderful. I miss you so much already Dee,” he said with a sad smile.

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, “But,” I bit my lip, “I’m right here Ji,” I said as I stepped away from him.

“But soon you won’t be…and just the thought of that makes me miss you already.”

“So cheesy,” I mutter, Come on Dara. It’s now or never. Look at how miserable he looks.

“Only for you Dee,” he said as he flashed his gummy smile. He opened his arms towards me, “At least give me a hug before I leave?”

Slowly I took a step towards him. Come on Dara, stop being such a coward. Jiyong’s worth it. I slowly raised one of my arms and took another step forward, Take that leap of faith.

*SLAPPP*

“Wha-?” Jiyong looked over at me caressing his throbbing cheek with eyes full of hurt. “Dara?” He asked heartbroken as he tried to fully understand what was going on.

“We’re even now,” I said evenly, come on Dara, only a little more.

“Wh-what?” He asked in confusion. Several emotions flashed through his eyes until it finally settled. He looked devastated at the conclusion he made.

Before he could open his mouth to ask more questions, I raised my hand to my cheek, patting it softly, “You slapped me and now I’ve slapped you, so we’re even now Ji.”

“Wh-what?” his eyes filling with confusion once more.

“We’re even,” I repeated.

“D-d-does that mean you’re rejecting me?” he asked broken-heartedly.

Ignoring his question, I continued, “December 20th.”

“W-What? December 20th?” He repeated as he tried to figure out what exactly was going on.

I took another step towards him, standing less than a foot in front of him. Biting my lip, I held back the laughter that was about to escape my mouth, God he looks so cute. He looks so sad and confused, just like a little puppy. Raising my hand, I removed his hand from his cheek, “Why are you so cute?” I giggled. “That’s when I’m returning to Seoul for good. December 20th, pick me up, okay?” I winked before giving him a peck on the cheek.

“W-what?” He stared at me in complete shock.

Taking another step back, “Why? You don’t want me to come back?” I pouted.

“No, no, no!” He quickly denied before a huge smile lit up his face. “I would love for you to be back. OH MY GOD, YOU’RE COMING BACK!” He yelled as he finally started to comprehend everything. “Oh my god!” he yelled in happiness as he took me into his arms and spun me around.

“Ji!” I giggled, cupping his cheeks in my hands, “Put me down, it’s embarrassing.”

“Ah,” His cheeks slightly reddening in embarrassment as he placed me back onto the ground without letting me go, “I can’t help it. I’m so happy.”

“Me too,” I smiled as I felt the warmth from his embrace. “Jiyongie,” I whispered.

“Hmmm?”

“Have a safe flight,” I started, “make sure to eat and sleep well, I wouldn’t want to come back and find you with massive dark circles. Also, don’t drink too much and keep Seunghyun from buying more alcohol. Tell everyone I said hi. And um,” I looked away nervously, “I think it’s time for you to get going, huh?” I asked sadly.

“Mhmm,” He nodded as he slowly released me, “I’ll get going then, and don’t worry, I can take care of myself,” he smiled. “I’ll see you December 20th Dee. I love you,” he said again before grabbing his bag and heading over to the security check-in line.

“Stupid,” I mutter as I saw him walk further and further away from me, “Come on Dara. Just tell him how you feel.”

“Wait Ji!” I yelled as I ran after him.

“Dara?” He turned around and saw me running towards him.

I quickly grabbed onto the front of his jacket, “One more thing,” I looked at him straight in the eyes, “don’t even dare flirt with any other girl while I’m away because you are mine,” I said as I pulled him forward and kissed him.

His lips were just as soft as I remembered them, the only difference this time was that his lips were completely frozen. I pulled away from him. His eyes were wide open in shock as he looked down at me. “You hear that Kwon?” I smirked, “You. Are. Mine. And I don’t like sharing what’s mine.”

Understanding lit up in his eyes, “I’m yours and only yours Dee. Don’t you dare even think about sharing me with anyone else,” He smiled before pulling me back for another kiss. Right as out lips touched a spark ignited within me. Warmth and desire filled chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his arms snake around my waist as he pressed me closer to him. Just like that one night years ago, our lips fit perfectly together.

We pulled apart, breathless from our passionate kiss. “I love you Ji,” I let out a shy smile as I withdrew my left arm from around his neck, “I don’t think I ever stopped.”

“Dara,” his face broke out into a breathtaking smile.

“I’m sorry it took me so long,” I said, “But if you’ll have me,” I slowly showed him the ring that was hanging from a chain around my neck, “I’d be the happiest girl in the world.”

Tears started to form in his eyes as he looked at the ring around my neck. He shook his head as tears started to fall down his cheeks, “How could I possibly say no? I can’t believe you still have this. You’ve just made me the happiest man ever Dara,” he leaned his forehead onto mine, “I want to stay here so badly.”

I chuckle, “You have a flight to catch mister," I said as I started to wip away his tears.

“I do, but I’d rather be here with you.”

“Come on Ji, you better get going,” I pulled away from him.

“How can you do this to me Dee? You tell me you love me right before I have to get on a plane and fly halfway around the world from you. How do you expect me to leave after you tell me that?” He pouted.

“Ya,” I lean towards him and peck his lips, “Don’t pout like that in front of anyone other than me. You look way too adorable when you pout.”

He smirked and started to pout again.

“Now you’re just doing that on purpose,” I said as I wiggled out of his embrace. “You need to go Ji or you’ll miss your flight.”

“Alright,” he sighed, “I’ll get going then. I’ll see you on December 20th,” he smiled before kissing me one last time. “I love you,” he whispered with his lips only a hair’s width away.

“I love you too.”

 

*End of Flashback*

 


 

A couple days later.

 

“How many years has it been since we were the ones walking down these halls?” he asked as we walked down a long corridor of empty classrooms.

“It’s almost been 7 years, can you believe that?” I ask in amazement, “And yet it still looks exactly like how it did back then.”

“That’s not the only thing that hasn’t changed,” he said as he looked over at me, “You look exactly the same way you did back then. Beautiful as ever,” he gave my hand a slight squeeze.

“I don’t think I can say the same for you,” I teased.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He slightly frowned.

I shrugged as I let go of his hand and stood in front of him, facing him straight on. “You look old now,” I teased before running away.

“Ya!” He yelled as he chased after me. Within seconds I felt his arms caging me in and the cold wall pressed against my back. “Take that back,” he growled.

“No,” I turned my head away from him.

“I do not look old,” He stated angrily.

“Yes you do,” I stuck my tongue out at him. “You look older than you did in college. You look way more handsome now too,” I blushed at my confession.

His anger slowly melted away and was replaced by a teasing smirk on his face, “That sounds more like it,” he said as he gave me a quick peck, “Come on, we better get going before they lock the building up,” he took my hand into his once more before we continued on our way.

As we exited the university gates Jiyong suddenly stopped. “Dee…”

“Hmm?” I looked at him with concern.

“It’s been almost 7 years since we walked through those halls, almost 11 since the day we first met. We’ve been through a lot, we’ve grown a lot,” he took my other hand in his as well. “Being back here reminds me of everything we once were. We were so innocent back then. We grew so used to each other’s presence…well I grew so used to your presence that I couldn’t even imagine not having you in my life anymore. Along the way I lost sight of us and us just became you and me. But, I’ve realized that there is no me without you. I’m sorry for getting losing my way Dara,” he said.

Letting go of his hands, I wrapped my arms around his waist, “You found your way back to me though and that’s all that matters. God, your cheesiness is rubbing off on me,” I mutter as I bury my face into his chest in embarrassment.

“You love my cheesiness,” he chuckled.

“Tch, conceited.”

“Ya!”

“Hmmm, I’m hungry Ji,” I pouted.

“So unfair, you know I can’t resist your pouting face,” he said before giving me another peck. “Let’s go to our special place then.”

“Yay!” I cheered as we started to walk to our favorite food stall.

 


 

“Ah, hello,” we greeted as we entered the tent.

“Omo, is that Jiyong and Dara?” The ahjumma called as she came over to us.

“How have you been ahjumma? It’s been a while,” I smile.

“I’ve been doing great. How about you? I haven’t seen you in years! I see you two have made up though. Omo, you don’t even know how many times I saw this guy in the last two years,” she gossiped.

“Ahjumma! Don’t tell her,” Jiyong cried in embarrassment.

“You know this boy came here at least twice a week for the past two years. Every single time, whether he was drunk or not, he would tell everyone how he would win you back. I see he finally succeeded,” she laughed.

“Neh,” I enthusiastically nodded, “I mean who can resist these cute, chubby cheeks,” I teased as I pinched one of his cheeks.

“My cheeks aren’t that chubby!” he exclaimed.

“Awww you two are so sweet. I knew one day you’d end up together. Heck, I think everyone thought you’d get together ages ago,” she shook her head and laughed.

“We eventually got there Ahjumma,” he smiled and looked over at me with loving eyes.

“I’m glad,” she smiled, “Will you guys be ordering the usual?”

“Yes, please,” I answered, “I miss your food so much Ahjumma.”

She simply chuckled before leaving to go grab the food.

Once all of the food was placed onto their small table, the ahjumma came back to place a bottle of soju down as well.

“Thank you,” we said before we dug into all of the delicious food. Once all of the food was consumed, we took shot after shot until we finished the first bottle…and then a second bottle.

“Aish,” I slightly wobbled as Jiyong guided me towards the street so we could take a taxi, “I forgot that Sanghyun’s girlfriend is over, what am I going to do?” I frown.

Jiyong gulped, “You could stay at my place tonight,” he suggested.

“Omo,” I gasped, “I…I don’t think it’s really appropriate-”

“Dara, don’t worry,” he reassured me, “I know you want to take it slow…It’s just a suggestion. I won’t every force anything on you especially if you’re not ready for it and I would never take advantage of you when you're intoxicated. Plus, it’s not like you’ve never slept over at my apartment before.”

“But that was before…” I felt my cheeks started to heat up.

“It’ll be fine Dara, come on,” he coaxed me into the taxi cab and told the driver the address for his apartment.

 


 

The next morning.

 

“Mmmm,” I mumbled as I felt something brush against my cheek.

“Good morning princess,” Jiyong whispered.

Cracking an eye open, I look over at him, “Don’t tell me you slept there last night?” I frowned as I saw him sitting on the ground beside his bed.

“I got the best view though,” he smiled as he squeezed my hand, “I could get used to this. Seeing you right when I open my eyes in the morning. I woke up and almost thought these past few days have been a dream, but when I opened my eyes, there you were.” He brought my hand up to his lips and gave it tiny kisses everywhere. “I love you,” he said as he pulled himself onto the bed and kissed me on the forehead.

“I love you too,” I reply.

He leaned in once more before I stopped him, “No, I have really bad morning breath.”

“So?” he pouted, “I don’t care.”

“Well I do,” I slowly got out of his bed, “Now let me clean up.”

“Alright,” he chuckled, “I’ll go get breakfast started then,” he said as he left the room.

After taking a shower, I put my damp hair up into a messy bun and pulled on one of his pairs of skinny jeans and an oversized hoodie that I had taken from his closet. Right as I opened the bedroom door, the scent of eggs, toast, and coffee filled my nose, “It smell really good in here,” I commented as I made my way to toward the kitchen.

“I’m glad,” he answered as he finished placing two cups of coffee onto the table next to the plates of food.

“You know,” I walked over towards the fridge to get some coffee creamer, “A man who knows how to cook is really y.”

“Are you calling me y?” He smirked.

“Maybe,” I teased as I closed the refrigerator door.

All of a sudden I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my stomach, “You know,” he whispered, I could feel the his warm breath on my ear, “You look so damn y in my clothes right now.” He started to softly nip my ear.

“Ji!” I blushed as I placed my hands over his.

“First you take my clothes, then you get food out of my fridge like your own the place,” he lowered his head and started to placed little kisses all over the crook of my neck, “You should just move in at this rate.”

“Ya!” I slapped his hands trying to ignore how all his kisses were making me feel, “I told you, I want to take things slow Ji.”

“We already spent the night together Dee, plus you already know my apartment inside and out,” he said as he started to nip at my neck, leaving behind little marks all along my neck.

“I’m serious Ji! I want to take this relationship slow,” I said as I unwrapped his arms.

“I know Dee, just don’t take too long,” he glanced downwards, “I don’t know how much longer Junior can handle it.”

Junior? I looked downwards, No…no, he can’t mean, I looked up and saw him smirk, “Ya Kwon Jiyong, don’t even think about it!”

“What?” He innocently asked as he continued to tease me, “It’s only natural. Plus, there’s only so much my hand can do,” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively,

My eyes widened, WHAT??? “I-I-I’m not ready for that Ji!” I stuttered as I slowly took a step away from him.

“Come here Dee,” he smirked as he wiggled his fingers towards me.

“AHHHH!” I screamed as I ran away from him causing him to burst out laughing.

“I was just joking Dee, of course I’ll wait until you’re ready,” he laughed as he chased after me, “You can’t get away from me, there’s only so much room for you to run in here,” he chuckled as he continued to run after me all around the apartment.

“Gotcha!” he smiled as he grabbed onto me and picked me up bridal style. “Told you, you can’t run away from me.”

“Tch, that’s just because we’re in your apartment,” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He leaned forward and pressed his forehead to mine, “No matter where we are, I will always catch you because I love you so much Sandara Park. And trust me, now that I have you, I’m never letting you go as long as I live,” he said before kissing me passionately.

 

 


A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY! All of your guys's support really helped me in writing this story. I can't believe this story is already done. I hope you enjoyed reading this story, please leave a comment about what you thought about my story (and sorry for all of Jiyong's cheesiness in the last few chapters #sorrynotsorry). I really loved reading all of your guys's comments and feedback for each chapter.

If you want to read some of the other stories I've written, just look for them through my username! Thanks for all the support! I just started writing a new story called "Selfish Bastard", it'll be shorter than this story and about 8 chapters total, so please check that out if you haven't already. Here's the link to the story!  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1013584

Epilogue anyone? Hehehe, let me know in the comment section below.

Until Next Time! Pyong~~~