Chapter 9

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

Dara’s POV

Everything happens so fast. Awhile ago, I am with Joongki telling him to leave me alone. Now I am crying because Seunghyun is being rushed to the same hospital. When I found out what happened from Jiyeon, I quickly give her a hard slap in the face. My mind is not thinking properly that time. All I felt was anger and disappointment towards her. Now my husband is hospitalized because of what she told him.

“Honey, It’s me. Please wake now.” I said while crying and holding his limp hand. The doctor said he is stress. God, I know I don’t deserve to ask something from you, but I will still try. I have been bad and selfish to my husband during the past. I want to make things right. Please give me one more chance. I prayed. Then suddenly, I feel his hand move a bit.

“Honey?” I get excited all of a sudden. I look at him and he is slowly opening his eyes.

“Da-dara?” Him saying my name sounds different. I don’t know if it’s just only me or I did hear it right.

“Honey, thank God your awake.” I said happily as tears of joy fall through my face.

“Where am I?” he asked as he look around.

“Honey, you are in the hospital. Don’t you know what happened?” I told him and ask if he remembers.

“Grandma. Wh-where is grandma? I need to see her. Mom said she di~” his words shocks me. How did he. Oh My God! Does he remembers everything now? I see him trying to get up from his hospital bed. I stopped him.

“Honey, you can’t leave yet. We still need to ask the doctor.” I told him trying to ignore my thoughts.

“No!. I need to see my grandma. She needs me. I ne~” Gosh he is strong even he is being hospitalized. He tried to push me away from him, but good thing the nurses comes inside.

“What’s going on here? Sir, you cannot leave yet.” The tall guy nurse said and went beside me and help me stop Seunghyun.

“Please, I need to see my grandma. Dara, please tell them I need to go. Please!” He is going wild. I don’t know what to do and to say to him. My heart is breaking seeing him like this.

“Honey, you cant leave just yet. The doctor needs to still check up on you.” I said, but he ignores my plea. He pushes the tall guy nurse who is holding him. The guy stumble on the floor, but before he can totally move away, the other nurse guy come close to him and did something that made my husband stopped his track and slowly loose his balance and energy. I gasp when I see him loose consciousness in the arm of the nurse.

“What did you do to him?” I angrily asked the nurse and go near my husband and examine him. Then the nurse who is on the floor stood up and helped his co-worker to place Seunghyun back to his bed.

“Don’t worry ma’am. We just need him to calm. He just fall asleep.” The nurse said who is now holding a syringe.

“Next time advise me first before doing that to him. You might have hurt him.” I scolded the nurse.

“Yes ma’am. Sorry for my action.”

“I wanna talk to his doctor. Please call him.” I said and they did what I asked them to do. After awhile the doctor come in.

“Hello, Mrs. Choi.”

“Doctor Kang, my husband wakes up a while ago. He suddenly request to see his grandma. I think his memory got back.” I become worried.

“Isn’t that good thing Mrs. Choi?”

“I don’t know.” I said in a low tone voice.

“Is there any problem Mrs. Choi?” I look at him and look down again.

“Nothing. I will just take care of him. Do you still need him here? Or he can be discharge now?” I asked.

“He can be discharge once he wakes up again.”

“Thank you, Doctor Kang.”

After my conversation with him, it’s almost evening now. He is still sleeping. I decided to call his mom to inform her that we will be home tomorrow.

“Hello, mom?”

“Hello, dear. What time the two of you coming home?” I haven’t told them what happened to Seunghyun.

“Mom, we will be coming home tomorrow. Mom, I have to tell you something.” I get serious and I heard her on the other line went quiet.

“What is it dear?”

“I think Seunghyun’s memories back.” I told her and I heard her gasp.

“Are you sure? How?”

“I am not yet sure, I will tell you tomorrow mom.”

“Ok, dear. Please take care the both of you.” She said and we both ended the call. I sigh while looking at Seunghyun’s sleeping figure. Today is a tiring day. I pull a chair beside his bed and slowly lay my head down on the bed next to his hand while I am holding it. I don’t know what will happen to us now Seunghyun. I hope and pray that this are all just a dream. Slowly my eyes close and drift to dreamland.

Seunghyun’s POV

I am happy because today we will visit grandma, I am ready to surprise my wife, but it turns out that I am the one who will be surprised.

"I waited for you since the day you left me. Honestly, the day you showed up I felt happy and relieved again. I can't deny the fact that I still have feelings for you. That I am still hoping for us to be together. Yes, Joongki You hear me right. I do still love you." Her words are like knife that strikes deep in me. Her last words keep repeating over and over again into my ears. After all this years, she still loves him. Then suddenly, I saw Dara and Joongki standing not far from me. They are happily together. The scene breaks my heart into pieces. I saw her smiling towards him and that smile is so genuine. She kiss him.

“Dara” my heart is aching so much.

“Seunghyun, I’m sorry. But I really love Joongki.” Her words cut through my heart deep as I watch them slowly fade away. I did everything for you Dara, but I guess those are not enough at all. I already fight for us, but you still choose him over me. How can you do this to me?

I woke up from that painful dream only to see the last person whom I wanted to see. A pain strike through my chest upon seeing her sleeping beside my bed while she holds my hand. I slowly remove my hand from her hold.

“I don’t know what happened, but one thing is for sure…” I stare at her for a while and slowly remove my dextrose and get up from the bed. I didn’t mind to change my clothes and left Dara a small note before going out of my room leaving her there.

Dara’s POV

I am walking in my favorite place the theme parked when I suddenly saw a figure.

“Dara” I heard someone called my name. A familiar voice.

“Seunghyun?” I call his name and slowly the figure reveal the person and it was him. I smiled as I approach him.

“Don’t” he said and I stop my track.

“Seunghyun” I am confused.

“I can’t do this anymore, Dara. I am sorry.” His words are full of sadness and pain.

“No, Seunghyun. Don’t!. Please don’t go.” I said trying to stop whatever he is going to do or say.

“I’m sorry.”

“NOOOOO!!!” with that he drifted away.

“Ma’am! Ma’am! Wake up!” I hear a voice and felt someone is shaking my body. I open my eyes and see the tall guy nurse yesterday. I quickly look towards the bed only to find its empty. I stood up quickly and panic.

“Wh-where is Seunghyun? Where is my husband?” I am on the verge of crying. I feel like my nightmare is happening now.

“I don’t know ma’am. When I enter this room to check on him, he is not here.” He said and I quickly dialed Seunghyun’s phone only to find it on the side table with a small note.

                I am sorry Dara, but I can’t do this anymore. I am letting you go.

  • Seunghyun

My whole world crash after reading his short message. This can’t be. Please comeback to me. I started crying my heart out. I can’t lose him. I love him and I realized how important he is to me.