Chapter 10

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

Dara’s POV

It’s been a week since he left me. He never went home, he also never showed up to his parents. We are all worried about him. I don’t know if he is doing fine, if he is taking his medicines and if he is eating properly. I don’t know what to do since he left me. I felt like my whole world stops moving. I can’t eat properly, every night I always find myself crying. I missed him so much.

“Dara, can I come in?” my trains of thoughts cut off when I heard Seunghyun’s mom calls my name outside my room.

“Yes.” I manage to speak and sit on the edge of our bed. She opens the door and come close to me.

“Dara, you don’t look good. I got worried because you’re not picking up our calls.” I can sense the sadness in her voice. She kneels down and pull me to a tight hug. I can’t control my emotions as I cry on her shoulder.

“Mom, I missed him so much. I want to see him so badly.” I said while crying hard. I felt her hand caressing my back.

“I know. We all missed him. I really don’t know why he left you. Let’s just pray that he will be back.” Mrs. Choi said to comfort me.

“Honey, Dara..Seunghyun came. He is downstairs.” Mr. Choi showed up giving us the good news. My heart suddenly feels happy and excited. I broke the hug and wipe my tears.

“Is that true, dad?” I asked trying to confirm his news. He nods happily.

“Yes, so let’s all go down.” We all followed him downstairs. There he is, the man I have been waiting for. The man that I love. He is siting on the couch with a woman. Wait! Is she? I stopped myself from thinking and quickly rush to his place. He raises from his seat and also the woman beside him.

“I came here only to get my stuffs.” He speaks up that made me surprise.

“Seunghyun-ah..” I call his name while looking directly to his eyes, but he suddenly looks away. He is acting cold towards me.

“Honey, why are you doing this to your wife? What’s the problem?” we hear his mom asks.

“I want a divorce.” He voices out that made us all shock. I feel like crying in front of him. It hurts.

“Y-yo-you’re kidding right?” I stutter, as I hold his arm.

“I am serious Dara. I want a divorce. I can’t continue this anymore.” He looks at me with fierce and serious voice tone. My heart is breaking into pieces. My tears blurring my eyes.

“Son, don’t do this to your wife. She loves you so much. Did you know that she was the one who took care of you when you are still confined at the hospital after the accident?” this time its his dad who talk.

“Im sorry, but please respect my decision. Besides grandma is dead now. There is no reason to continue this.” He speaks so coldly towards us. His words are hurting me. But what surprised us more is when his mom slaps him on the face. I gasp and cover my mouth with both of my hands.

“How dare you include your late grandma in this talk? Pay some respect!” Mrs. Choi scolded him.

“This marriage is nonsense now. I did this because of grandma, now that she is gone. I can’t continue this anymore. So, if you will excuse us. I will just get my things.” He coldly said to his mom and start walking away from us with the woman he brings with. I froze on my spot. I don’t know how I can stop him. His mom and dad comfort me.

Seunghyun’s POV

I am packing my clothes inside my luggage. My heart feels heavy, but I need to do this.

“hyunnie, are you really sure about this?” I heard my best friend asked. She is helping me pack my things.

“Yes. I will let her go for them to be happy.” I firmly said even though it hurts a lot knowing that I can’t be the one to make her happy. After a few more clothes, I am done.

“Let’s go. I am done here.” I said and we both walk out of the room with my luggage. We almost reach the front door when someone hugs me from behind.

“Seunghyun-ah, please don’t leave me.” I don’t need to turn and look at who hug me because I know her voice so well. I want to hug her back, but I need to control myself. With all my will I remove her slim arms around my waist.

“I am letting you go now. Be happy with him.” I said only for her to hear because I don’t want my parents to know the real reason is why I am doing this. I don’t want them to get mad at her. I will still protect her. I’m sorry Dara. With that Minjung and I left the house. I drive until we reach Minjung’s house. For the mean time I will stay with her until I can find a new house. What I really like with my best friend is she never force me to tell her what is happening to me or if I am doing fine. She will wait until I will be the one to open up with her.

“You want to have a drink?” she asked me as I put my things inside her guest room.

“Yeah!. I guess I need something to help me forget.” I respond and walk together with her. We had a drinking session on her balcony. Time flies and we already drunk 12 cans of beer. I am just a bit tipsy, but Minjung I guess is totally drunk. Her head is on the table and she is murmuring something.

“I should bring you inside now.” I told her and start to carry her bridal style. I put her on her bed, when I am ready to leave I heard her speak.

“Hyunnie, no matter what happen..I will always be here for you because I love you.” I got surprised at her words so I look at her and I find her already snoring.

“Crazy min..sleep well.” I said and left the room. Inside my room, I went straight to the bathroom to have a quick cold shower. Once I am done, I feel like my head is hurting like hell. I hold onto my head as I take a sit on the bed side edge. The pain gets stronger. It feels like I want to cut my head off.

“Arrrggghh!” I can’t take it anymore; the pain gets worse. I roll on the bed still pressing my head with my two hands. What the hell is happening to me? Why it hurts so much? Before everything turns black I heard someone called my name.