Chapter 4

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

Seunghyun's POV

It's been two days since that incident I have witness with my own eyes. I can't say that it never affects me because it does. Those images of them kissing hunts me every night. Every time I tried to close my eyes, I see it like a nightmare. We never talked about it because I want to forget it and mostly the pain. I can feel that she wants to talk about it,but I refuse. I want to make this marriage work. Today we have a family gathering. Her family with my parents are here in their house. 

"Woah, It's nice to have the two of you here again. How's everything going on son?" I heard her dad asked me. We are eating dinner together.

"Fine, dad. Everything is fine." I lied. I can't tell them what's been going on between me and his daughter because it might worry them. I reach for Dara's hand on the table and squeeze it a bit and plaster a smile as she looks at me then smile, but that smile never reach her ear.

"Good to hear that." Her dad commented back.

"Are you sure honey?..because the way I see your face looks like that..I doubt that my daughter has been taking care of you." It''s her mom who speak this time.

"Ahahaha..That's not true..My wife is so caring..It's just that I am so over worked lately." I said half true and lied. I have been so busy at work that I skip eating meals and when I am home I find it hard to fall asleep because of that images of them together poping out in my head. I keep drinking wine to help me calm myself and somehow let myself drift into slumber without me knowing.

"Is that so my son?" this time it's my mom. I look at her and nod. Assuring them that it's no big deal. We chat and eat all night. It feels like a thousand years since I laugh like this with them. We all enjoyed the night. My mom and I talked for awhile after the dinner. She informed me about my grandmother.

"Son, your grandma wants to see you. She's been asking me when are you going to visit her."

"How is she mom? Is she recovering now?"

"The doctor said that her condition is not getting any better, honey."

"I will visit her this weekend. I will bring Dara with me." I said to my mom. I realized that I haven't visited my grandma since our first family dinner the day after our wedding honeymoon. I remember the first reason why I agreed to this arrangement and it's because of my grandma's wish. Then I found out that the girl I will be marrying is the same girl I have wished to meet again. My thoughts are cut off when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look around to see my mom.

"Son, are you sure everything is alright?" her face shows worriness.

"Of course. You know me mom. There is nothing that I can't take." I smiled. I hope I made her believe what I said.

"Ok. but if something is bothering you, don't hesitate to call and talk to me. Ok?" I pull her for a hug.

"Thanks mom!"

We left their home around 11:30pm and arrived at exactly 12:30 midnight.

"Hon, do you want some coffee?" as soon as we gets home she quickly offered me. I nod and went straight to the couch as soon as tiredness gets through me. I wait and sit. She come out from the kitchen with two cups of coffee on hand. She pass me one and she sits beside me.

"Thanks!"

"Oh, by the way. We will visit my grandma this coming saturday morning." I informed her.

"Saturday? Oh, ok." She agree.

"I really want to see her again. We should bring some fruits for her." I can sense the excitement on her voice. Since the first day my grandma and her met, they already liked each other. They easily get along with in that short period of time. But sadly, after that first meeting they haven't seen each other again because my grandma has been confined into the hospital for her medication. Dara and her family never knew about my grandma's situation because we keep it from them since it's our family problem and grandma don't want them to be worried for her.

"Instead of bringing her fruits, why don't you bake something for her. My grandma loves to eat home made food especially bake cakes." I said to her and take a sip from my coffee that she made.

"Oh, right!..Good suggestion, hon. I will bake her cup cakes...Since friday tomorrow, let's go to the supermarket to buy ingridients. Is it Ok for you?" I smiled at her.

"Ok, I'll accompany you tomorrow after work."

===============+++++++++===================++++++++++++++++++++++++====================

At the supermarket...

I take a push cart and followed my wife as we start strolling the supermarket hallway. She picks the ingridients that she needed for the cupcakes.

"What does your grandma loves to eat?" She asked me as we stop for awhile in the fruit section.

"She likes to eat mangoes. So if you can make something from mangoes, I am sure she's going to like it." I tell her. She picks a dozen mangoes and place it on the cart.

"I will make her something that will forget her name as soon as she taste it." She proudly says. I smile at her.

"Oh!..Wait for me here." She said and runs off. My eyes followed her and there she is, in the tasting section. She returns to me with two toothpick sticks that has pork belly barbeque.

"Here, taste it!" She feed me one and I eat it.

"How's it?" She asked and wait for my reaction.

"Good." I response and show a thumbs up.

"Really?" she then eat the remaining pork belly barbeque.

"Hmm..You want me to get one kilo?..Let's have barbeque tonight." She said and I simply nod at her. It's the first time that she ever did this. Something really change in her. She walks back to the porkbelly barbeque section and I followed her. After the shopping we went home. I place all the grocery items on the kitchen. We both arrange it.

"I will cook dinner for us." She volunteered.

"Really?" I asked just to clarify that I clearly hear her say it.

"Why?..You think I can't do it?" She place her hands on her hips.

"Hahaha..Not really?..It's just that..This is the first." I voice out. She pouts.

"Don't worry, I will show you how great I am as a chef." She boastfully said.

"Ok!..Then I will prepared the table." I let her do what she wants. She start separating the ingridients. When she's done with everything. She went out to the veranda. I followed her. She sets the grilling material. I watch and wait for her to light up the charcoal. One, Two, Three.

"Ammm..Hon?" I heard her say. I knew it.

"You want me to help you?" I teasingly asked her. She don't know how to light up so I came to rescue her.

"It's just that I don't know how to do it. hehehe."

"I thought you said to me before that you become a girl scout member before?..Didn't you get a training on how to do this?"

"We did. But I never tried it. I let my other scoutmates do the work."

"Wow, so what are you back there?..A PRINCESS?..hahaha"

"YAH!..Stop teasing me or else you won't be able to eat?" she threatens me with her death stare, but I laugh at her cute antics. After the teasing and cooking, finally I will be able to judge her cooking skill just like she said. I don't know if she did cook it because as far as I know the porkbelly is already marrinated and ready to cook. So the only thing she did is grill it, but even in grilling she keeps on screaming. The fire goes up and big that almost burnt all the pork she's cooking. I rescued her to put out the fire. Now the finish product is placed in front of me. From the looks of it, I don't think it's edible. It got burned, but I still try to taste it because I know that she put all her effort in making this possible.

"How is it?" I chew it and a strange taste hits me. If I will say the truth she will get hurt and probably will not try to cook again. So I choose to hide it.

"Oh, good!" I smiled and thumbs up.

"Really?..I will taste it too." I stopped her when she's about to eat it. She frowned.

"Oh? Why?"

"I will eat all of it because it's so delicious. Plus this is not enough for me." I said and get her plate and put the food on me.

"Eh?..But what will I eat?" She protested.

"Since you cooked for me, I will cook your favorite pasta." I said.

"huh?..Why can't I even taste the food that I cooked?"

"Don't bother tasting it. I can assure you that it's good. Don't you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you. it's jus~" I hear her say. I stood up and didn't let her finished what she's about to say as I drag her with me inside the kitchen to cook her favorite pasta. After cooking we both eat together. She eat what I made while I eat what she made. We chat and reminise with our memories and it feels great that after a long time, we had this time to have a good time together. I wish that I am not dreaming or somehow the time would stop for awhile. It's like a dream a beautiful dream that I don't want to wake up. I want to stay like this forever.

==================+++++++++++++++++======================++++++++++++++++++=============

 

Authors Note: So how is it my dear readers?. Don't forget to leave your comments. I love reading it. Thank you!

Comment Reply Section

bangsstory Sorry if I am hurting him. I am hurting too, so I give you this chapter. Kekeke.. Thanks for commenting!

tabitabi : Omo!..I can clearly see that you hate her and I did too. But I love her. Kekeke..Thanks for commenting!