So Close Yet So Far

Growing Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As promised, Kyungsoo came back immediately.carrying three medium sized tupperwares, probably the Korean foods he cooked in his apartment. It's exactly 3 hours as Kyungsoo promised Jongin.

The older noticed that Jongin was staring blankly at his phone. He didn't even notice that Kyungsoo already arrived.

"You seem busy, huh? What's that?" Curious Kyungsoo moved closer to the screen as he put the tupperwares near the firm coffee table.

"I'm so happy but curious as well. It seemed like Hwang Dyo hyung was really familiar...or maybe because the more I love him, the more delusional I become. I'm really close to my username." Jongin just laughed, rubbing those confused thoughts off his mind. 

It is impossible that Hwang Dyo already meet Jongin but doesn't say anything about his fan.

..Like how Kyungsoo is taking care of him in that way. Too gentle, too caring, too loving like they've known each other for years already. It's really hard to think that Kyungsoo is the first person he saw when he woke up last time. Not even Baekhyun, his manager, was beside him.

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo hyung...how much do you know Hwang Dyo?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo who became quite taken aback while he prepares Jongin's delicious dinner.

Kyungsoo just gulped and smiled at Jongin. "Sufficent news. But not as many information as yours." Kyungsoo nodded slightly and continued to prepare.

"I have two questions in life that I really wanted to be answered. You wanna know?" Jongin told him, tapping his fingers playfully on the white sheets. Kyungsoo seemed to stop from what he's doing and wiped his hands with a kitchen towel and asked 'what'.

 

"Is it impossible that you see a person from another person and..." he paused for awhile before continuing. "Why are you doing all these things?"

It's really hard for Kyungsoo to answer but to clean himself from suspicion, he answered them half-honestly.

"Yes it is. I can even see how my maltese looked innocent as you. It's animal, Jongin." Kyungsoo joked and laughed. Jongin became concious even more when he laughed exactly the same when Ryeowook joked about Hwang Dyo's messy look at the radio broadcast.

 

Shrug it off, Jongin.

 

"Seriously? You're the one who looked like an innocent maltese here, hyung." Jongin chuckled and proceeded back to the conversation. "How about my second question?"

"Actually...your manager, Baekhyun is a block mate from college. We both graduated at the same class, same batch and same university. He uh..requested that I look after you for a week since he had some issues with his family in Busan. That's it." Kyungsoo tried to act cooly as possible and make a convincing tone for Jongin to believe.

But truthfully, it's Kyungsoo who voluntarily requested for it. Baekhyun nearly had a hint that Kyungsoo is Hwang Dyo the moment he lend a letter of fansigning invitation to Baekhyun for Jongin a month ago.

 

Baekhyun was shocked that the guy he used to befriend at college is a really famous singer right now and also..sort of connected with Jongin's past. 

Baekhyun obediently agreed to the secrecy that he won't tell Jongin about the revelation. Though he's a blabbering, sassy manager and friend, he knows how to set limits.

 

"Ohh that's why...thank you for clearing those issues up for me. Now, I'm not confused anymore." Jongin smiled, feeling relieved (well, not completely) about how Kyungsoo is impossible to be that person.

"So instead of blabbering nonsense things, do you wanna eat dinner? I cooked it." Kyungsoo presented the Kimchi spaghetti and spicy hot rice cake that looked so yummy and tummy fulfilling.

 

Kyungsoo was to go away to just eat at the fastfood chain at the carpark of the hospital (since the meal were just few servings worth for one person) but Jongin tried his best to stop Kyungsoo from walking and grab his wrist. 

"Let's eat together maltese hyung. It's...it's not like I'm gonna eat all of these anyways." Jongin excused (though he's extremely hungry and had a boost of appetite to eat all of what Kyungsoo prepared) and had a tint of red on his cheeks. Kyungsoo sighed and just agreed on eating dinner together with Kai for the very first time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter