Epilogue 1: Their Past

Growing Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he kept on checking his black plaid shirt and stylish ripped pants. He felt super satisfied as he finally got rid of those formal and daily mended highschool uniforms.

It's gonna be his first week on college though the classes started a week prior. He kept crying himself to sleep, blaming Hyunsik who just broke up with him last year yet the pain is becoming deeper anyways. 

That's why the lad is happy that his highschool memories will be override by new college moments in the future.

He wanted to make sure to at least make new genuine friends whom he can hangout with.

 

Enough for overthinking, he styled his black hair a bit for a mature and independent look and rushed outside his apartment the moment he darted his gaze on the wallclock.

8:49 A.M

Good thing he lives alone right now and no one from Goyang will scream the heck out just to announce to the entire neighborhood that the schoolbus is finally in front of their house, making annoying beep sounds.

 

 

 

It's not like the new college fellow is anti-social but there are instances that he doesn't wanna open a conversation and lacks initiation unless someone speaks to him.

He had hard time trying to reach out with someone within the four corners of the classroom. He just heaved a deep sigh.

At least the glass window is there for him.

Kyungsoo pitied himself and had his head leaned against the hard material. He stared at how students get along when in fact, it's just their second week of class.

Five minutes has passed when one of the student council president from the senior batch entered the room and announced that their first period is a free cut and based on their schedule, he's having a two-hour vacant. 

Great way to start learning.

 

Everyone were leaving one by one, some were planning to ditch the future classes, some disappointed since they already had advanced readings for the next topic, some just don't give a single damn..

..and some who just kept bickering from each other.

Kyungsoo decided to hide on one of the desks, not wanting to get involved since that gets more serious.

"Yeah, right. You never called even once. I am ing sick, Kim Jongin. Are you nuts? Are you even a boyfriend?" A girl with a really annoying voice blabbered, looking around if there are people around. Certain that there's no one, she just slapped the quiet lad who looked so tired of all her demands.

His facial expression looked blunt and expressionless. "Yeah. You might die from that slight cold and I am to blame. Sorry."

The girl just flipped her hair and fixed her miniskirt, looking really pissed. "You know what? I'm getting tired of all these . It seems like I'm the only one running this relation. We better break up." 

Jongin just looked down and the moment she threatened him, he looked more at ease. Probably the best thing he heard from his soon to be ex girlfriend.

Kyungsoo on the other hand just gripped his knees tightly. He remembered the night how Hyunsik and him broke up that exact way.

He needed to do something. He must've known how it'll hurt the guy if he'll be seperated to his girlfriend, no matter how they usually bicker like that and use 'let's break up' as an overrated threat.

The tan guy who seem to come up from a well-off family just sighed and had eye contact with his lover "Okay. I'm sick with all of these. Let's brea-" 

 

"Excuse me but are you Kim Jongin?" Kyungsoo came under the desk and interrupted their quarrel. The girl named Miyoon made sure that no one's inside the classroom and she even locked the doors and slid the curtains for no one to see. She is staring at the guy with those eyes of disbelief.

Jongin just looked in awe on how someone looked so damn sincere and innocent. Looking at Kyungsoo made him realized that there's actually someone who looked fair and promising as him. It's his first time seeing the shorter guy but he heard that they had one blockmate that was terribly sick and will resume lectures the week after.

The tan guy just nodded. "I am. Why? But wait..how did you enter? Some kind of creep?" Jongin's words contrasted his own good impressions on Kyungsoo.

The new college boy just scratched the nape of his neck shyly. "I guess I had some pretty nice nap under the professor's desk until I heared two people bickering. Don't worry I just heard faint words, nothing to worry." He smiled with assurance. Yeah. He promised himself not to lie often but here he is, beginning to start the sinful routine.

 

He needed to find an excuse. "By the way, the librarian asked earlier to me if I had a block mate who is willing to help in the library...you know arranging some books...and stuff."

Before Miyoon could protest and tell Kyungsoo they have something to talk about thoroughly, Jongin didn't even think twice or thrice and just grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist, dragging him outside the classroom. "I'm in."

 

At least Kyungsoo felt like he's much of a help, avoiding the three lethal words to slip out from Jongin's lips to be told on his girlfriend that might result to too much devastation.

 

 

 

 

"I know it's s lie. You don't even know where the library is when I asked you to lead me there since I've never been in the suffocating place full of books." Jongin said and sighed in relief. He's wondering how Kyungsoo knew that he's in an emergency earlier at the classroom.

"Watch your words, Mr. Kim. Books are life." Kyungsoo hissed as he kept on flipping the pages of his mystery-detective novel. Jongin became confused as the guy dropped the honorifics real quick. 

The two just stayed silent and had their backs leaned against the elevated seats of the gymnasium in front of the wide grassy soccer field.

The wind is the only element of nature that is making a subtle sound right now. The luscious green trees were swaying as well, making the whole place so serene and peaceful.

The older boy closed his novel, and closed his eyes as he felt the urge to ask in curiosity.

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo softly called in which the the tan guy cringed in a weird way. Why does it have so much impact when a beautiful stranger said his name?

"Y-yes?"

"How do you feel right now?"

Jongin was confused but still answered. "Truthfully, I feel free."

Kyungsoo shot his eyes open slowly, focusing his sight on the soccer ball on the middle of the field. "Free to what extent? You see that ball? It's free but it's alone. Probably will be delighted if it at least have another ball with him, two of the balls staying on the field."

Jongin became more confused. 

"What do you mean?"

"Don't break up with her. You'll be needing her someday. I don't want people to fuss about their regrets when time comes by."

Jongin got it. Probably this person sitting beside him just suffered from a major and massive breakup.

"You do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter