Epilogue 2: DOrky Family

Growing Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You can't blame me, hyung. It's been three years and I can't imagine how they'll react." Jongin just continued looking down while his both hands were gripped around the steering wheel. The two were heading off to Goyang right after Kyungsoo's schedule on NBC Radio. 

Kyungsoo just held Jongin's chin upwards, gesturing him to focus on the road.

"I know you're nervous but please... your promise will be broken if we both die because of car accident due to your worries." Kyungsoo just sighed. Good thing the light turns red, making cars stop for a minute. "Set aside your worries. I am here, hm?"

Jongin felt extremely thankful. Being with Kyungsoo makes him set aside his insecurities and worries. Kyungsoo is like a magnet who will atrract all the negativity and pessimism in life.

He always imagined himself as Kyungsoo's significant other half.

 

After driving for almost half an hour, they finally arrived at Kyungsoo's hometown, Goyang. 

Jongin parked the car at the side road since Kyungsoo told him that they can just walk from there. The two exited the car and proceeded to walk a few meters more.

They're already in the front of a two-storey house and it looked really warm and comfortable. Jongin's impression is he can really be at home and it's so embracing him.

"Ready to go inside?" Kyungsoo asked, waiting for Jongin to nod.

"Y-yes." Jongin stuttered as he's kept on swinging the bouquet he's holding. It will be given to the woman he also considered loving next to Kyungsoo as the dancer believed he's completely lacking what Kyungsoo fully has.

A family.

 

After three successful knocks on the wooden door, a youthful looking woman in her 40's with an inviting aura opened the door for them. She had those doe eyes and plump lips that Kyungsoo surely inherited from.

"Oh, Kyungsoo-ah," She paused and hugged her son tightly. "It's been four months since I last saw you. Why didn't you pay us a visit for so long?"

"Mom, it's like we just had facetime last week. Don't feel like I'm ignoring you, dad and Seungsoo hyung. I'm here now. Let's celebrate, okay?" He had that signature heart smile and sincere look in his eyes. 

The two pulled out from an emotional phase and Kyungsoo surrounded his left arm on the tensed man beside him. "I have someone with me. Why won't you introduce yourself for the second time, Nini?"

Jongin cringed on the nickname and he can't explain why that name had a huge impact on him.

"Ah yeah. Right. Umm g-good afternoon, Mrs. Do. I am Kim Jongin." The dancer managed to stand straight with a promising posture as he bowed 90 degrees. He shouldn't look like a complete failure.

"J-Jongin?" Mrs. Do put her hand on , can't believe what she's seeing. "Thank God you are alive. Gosh, Kyungsoo. How could you hide things like this?"

Kyungsoo sighed. He's partly about to blame for everyone's worries, right?

"Mom it's because you kept on talking with our neighbors all day and never give our television a chance to be ." 

Mrs. Do threw a raspberry, giving sharp daggers on her clever son. On the other hand, she stepped forward and embraced Jongin warmly. "I missed this kid. Oh my, I'm getting emotional." Mrs. Do buried her forehead on Jongin's broad chest.

Minutes after, Kyungsoo's father went out together with his older brother, Seungsoo as the two walked arm in arm.

"If it's not our Jongin!" The two men who's peeking behind the door exclaimed and rushed on Jongin at the doorstep and hugged him at both sides. "I thought you'll be coming tomorrow? We're not prepared!" 

Mrs. Do shoot her attention to the father and son beside Jongin and the two backed away as she had her left eyebrow raised. "You two knew?"

Oops.

"I'm sorry mom but you get too easily emotional and it'll be the best if you are the only one surprised in here. Look at that surprised face." Seungsoo chuckled and pinched Jongin's right ear in which the latter just laughed it off. 

"Ahh hyung." Jongin flinched playfully. "Is this the right gesture to welcome me after three years?"

"Yes it is. Especially when you were that famous already but ignored my texts saying you forgot us. I swear were all fighting for Kyungsoo's sake. Good he explained everything to me later on after I pestered his email." Seungsoo joked. "Wait why won't we go inside?"

"Yes, of course. And...." Mrs. Do paused and eyed his younger son who seemed to be annoyed seeing everyone bicker in front of their visitor slash fifth family member, Jongin. "Kyungsoo will be in charge of dinner. "

"Mom I-"

"So ordered. No buts. Satisfy our taste buds or Jongin will be sleeping between all of us and sleep alone in your room." Mrs. Do gave a quirky wink at Kyungsoo. Jongin just look like he'll be having a laughing my off expression soon but he's trying his best to restrain laughing like a seal or else they will think three years made him ret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter