The Proposal

Love's Silent Chimes

In the Park

The two had their fingers laced tightly together as they strolled through the park in the quiet night. They had just had a filling dinner in some posh restaurant nearby and had proceeded to the park for a night stroll. Obviously, this was suggested by Taemin as he failed to carry out his proposal in the restaurant earlier. The shy boy could not muster the courage to propose in front of all the other diners, thus, he opted for the other alternative, the park.

Sulli had readily agreed to his suggestion as it meant that she would be able to spend more time with this angelic boy. She loved this boy to bits. His innocent charms, his shy nature and his lovable personality were all traits that drawn her in deeply. Taemin adored this sweet and beautiful young lady immensely as well. He loved that confident aura that she never failed to exude, he loved her spontaneity, and her kind and loving heart. He doted on her, always showering love and care on her.  

The two met two years ago through their company. However, despite being in the same company, they worked in different departments. It was by chance that they met when both their departments collaborated for a project. They have mystically clicked well with each other ever since they first met, and it was actually quite an achievement for Taemin as the shy personality he has often created this barrier around him, making it hard for him to open up and make friends with new people. Sulli, with the bubbly personality of hers, had managed to make Taemin open up to her easily, and they soon became the best of friends. Often, they would have lunch together in the cafeteria as they chatted about anything and everything. Soon, a special bond was formed between the two. Sulli found Taemin exceptionally different and captivating, which was why she soon fell in love with the boy. Taemin liked Sulli as well, but he thought it was just the liking you have for a friend, thus, he had brushed off all feelings that surfaced. Furthermore, he thought it was impossible to fall in love again, after all that he has been through.

Of course, Sulli was the one to confess first. Taemin was taken aback, he was confused. All sorts of emotions began churning in him and he found the old memories revisting again. It reminded him of the first time Minho confessed so vividly, and the familiar emotions surged through his body once again, making him cringe as Minho was supposedly non-existent in his new world he had spent so much effort moulding. He didn't want to think about Minho. He didn’t want the past to interfere with his new life. He didn't want all his hard work he spent on forgetting the past to go to waste. Thus, he decided to give this relationship a chance, he decided to give himself a chance. He liked Sulli, didn’t he? Who knows, this might even eliminate the little feelings he still held on for Minho.

So, this was the start of the couple. It didn't take Taemin long to fall for Sulli. They were soon an inseparable duo, and often spend the most beautiful moments together.

“Sulli?” Taemin’s soft voice broke throught the tranquility of the park. He reached out for Sulli’s other hand and hold them gently in his. “I have something to ask you.”

“Mhm?” Sulli crooked her head to her side as she stared curiously at Taemin.

“Well…erm…will you marry me?” Taemin mumbled through through the words quickly.

“W-what?” Sulli’s eyes widened in confusion and Taemin felt like slapping himself hard on his face for his stupid actions.

Damn, I’ve screwed up again, he chided himself mentally. He had spent so many sleepless nights plotting out how he would carry out this proposal in the most perfect way possible, only to have screwed up just at start. Then he suddenly remembered the ring he bought a few weeks ago, and he felt like slapping himself once again for forgetting to take it out earlier.

  “Erm…H-hold on.” Awkwardly, he dug his pocket for that little box as Sulli waited.

He clumsily opened the little box to reveal a dazzling diamond ring.

“M-marry me?” He questioned again nervously. His cheeks were now turning a crimson red and he could almost hear to loud thumping of his heart against his chest.

Before Sulli could react, Taemin snapped the little box shut in frustration. “Look, I’m really sorry Sulli. T-this isn’t going like I planned…It’s so screwed and I-”

“Shhh… Calm down Taemin…” Sulli placed a finger over Taemin’s rosy pink lips reassuringly to hush him. “This is one of the most romantic proposal ever in the world. Your sincerity is written all over your face, Taemin." She chuckled lightly, before putting on a serious gaze once again. "This is exactly what I wanted, an honest and earnest proposal. I find it adorable. I find you adorable Taemin.” With a grin, she stretched her fingers out in a fan before him.

“W-what? I-I”

“Aren’t you going to put the ring on for me?”

“What? Really?! I-I-sorry-hold on-” Taemin struggled to pull the ring out of the little box hastily, excitement roaring in him. “There.” He beamed happily like a child as he slid the ring through Sulli’s slender finger.

“I love you, Lee Taemin.”

“I love you too, Choi Sulli.” Taemin smiled radiantly. Unable to contain the growing happiness in him, he picked Sulli up and carried her bridal style, spinnning her rounds and rounds in pure unadulterated joy, earning much squeals and screams from the surprised girl.

“I love you. I love you. I love you.Choi Sulli I love you.” He yelled as he continue spinning around with the girl in his arms.

“I love you. I love you. I love you. Lee Taemin.  I love you.” Sulli screamed back in Taemin’s arms.

Upon hearing these familiar words, he felt part of his joy slipped away as he remembered how Minho used to say the exact things to him. Afraid of going back to the past, he quickly shook those thoughts away. Hastily, he desperately erased those old scenes forming vividly in his head – the touches, the kisses, the romantic dates. They had to be gone, forever. They weren’t supposed to come back.

No..no... the one I love is now Sulli, not Minho, he reminded himself once more.

“I love you Sulli. Sulli. Sulli. Sulli.” He whispered to the girl once again. “Just you, Sulli. No one else, just you.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Finally done with this chapter, hope it's okay. Ohh and btw, I'm going to Korea from 11th dec~18th dec, so I won't be able to update then. Really sorry about it! D: Stay with this story please. Comment and subscribe? :D