Wrong

Love's Silent Chimes

Key felt something snapped in his heart. There was this sudden morbid feeling brooding in him which sent chills down his spines and caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand.

Something bad must have happened, he thought.

He poked Jonghyun seated next to him, whose eyes were still firmly glued to the TV in front of him.

“Something bad has happened.” He told the older in a serious tone.

“Mmhmm” Jonghyun simply nodded his head, not bothering to turn to look at the flustered Key.

Sensing that he was ignored, Key angrily grabbed the remote off the coffee table in front of them, and switched the TV off with a click. A smirk spread across his face when Jonghyun snapped his head to look at him, brows knitted in frustration.

“What was that for?” He whined. 

“Aish stop your addiction with that freaking TV and pay attention to me here! Look, something bad has happened. I can’t quite put my finger on what is it, but I just know something has went wrong." His eyes widened in horror as he thought about Minho and Taemin, “It might be Minho and Taemin! Something bad might have happened to them! Why aren’t they home yet?! It’s almost 12 already!”

Jonghyun shot Key an incredulous look. “Gosh, Kibum stop being so paranoid about everything. They’re young adults. They know how to take care of themselves. What could possibly happen? Now, give me the remote.” He then reached his arms out in attempt to grab the remote from Key's hands.
 

Key could feel the pressure of his rage growing against his ribs. He was sure of it. Something was definitely wrong. His intuitions told him so. And they were always scarily right. Yet, all that Jonghyun cared about then was his TV. At times like this, Key knew it was almost impossible to get Jonghyun’s full attention. Tired of dealing with the older, he stood up, throwing the remote back at Jonghyun in defeat.

"Thank you Bummie~" Jonghyun sang as he happily caught the remote. A wide grin graced his face as he switched the TV on again.

 Key stared at the nonchalant act of Jonghyun in disbelief. Frustrated, he stomped into Onew's room. If he couldn't get Jonghyun to accompany him on his search for Taemin and Minho, he figured that he could only approach Onew to do the job.

The room that he stepped into was pitch dark, and Key had to squint his eyes to adjust to the sudden darkness. He signed when he saw the sleeping figure of Onew on his king-sized bed. Being the heavy sleeper he was, it was never an easy task waking him. Nonetheless, Key was determined to get Onew to accompany him out to look for Taemin and Minho. The two had never stayed out till this late before without informing anyone. They were always responsible enough to give a call back to inform the others if they were coming home late. Of course,  Key had tried to reach them when he didn't receive any of their calls, however, no one answered. The annoying ringing rang on endlessly, until the call was directed to the voicemail.
 
"Hyung...hyung...wake up..." he whispered, gently shaking Onew to wake up.
 
However, the older didn't stir an inch. He slept on, lifeless.
 
Key brows twisted into a frown. He poked against Onew's ribs a little more roughly now.
 
"Wake up! Wake up! You pig!"
 
Still no response.
 
That's it, Key thought.  I'm gonna have to wake you up through the hard way. This always works for that stupid dino out there.
 
He rolled up the sleeves of his sweater and rubbed his palms together mischievously, a playful smirk forming across his face.
 
One, he counted under his breath.

Two.

Three.

He then dashed all the way to edge of Onew's bed, and leapt onto the body of sleeping boy with all his might, hoping that this sudden attack would wake him. This method never fails to wake Jonghyun. In fact, it was the way Key used to wake Jonghyun daily. It  always worked.
 
Bwoh?

Key's eyes widened in shock when he realised this method had failed to work on the sleeping boy. Onew was still sleeping as soundly as ever. And with his eyes still stubbornly sealed shut, Onew turned his body to his side, shaking the stunned Key off. Key's jaws dropped as he rolled over to the side of Onew. His gaze was remained firmly fixed on the sleeping boy beside him, speechless.
 
Gosh. He. Really. Is. One. God. Damn. Pig.
 
But no, Key couldn't give up. He had to wake him up at all cost. The dreadful feeling in him was growing with every second that passed. He'd got to wake the boy up as quickly as possible. Left with no other choice, Key stood up on Onew's bed. He took a deep breath, before giving Onew rough kick on his , which sent him flying off his bed.
 
"What the-" Onew's face twisted into a frown when he finally woke from his slumber, rubbing his  which had just suffered the nasty kick of Key in pain. His blinked eyes groggily, scanning through the room until his sleepy gaze finally landed on Key. The boy had his arms proudly folded across his chest as he stood on Onew's bed, an annoying smile of satisfaction playing across his face.

So Key was the culprit...
 

"Urgh. Now what do you want?" Onew groaned grouchily. "I was having some really sweet dreams..."
 
Key made no reply to Onew's question. Grinning at his little achievement, he grabbed Onew by his arms and pulled him up. Ignoring all the groans and complaints that Onew was throwing at him,  Key happily pushed the sleepy boy all the way out of his warm, cosy room.  

As they passed the living room, Key turned his head slightly, stealing a glance at Jonghyun. His smile faded and was replaced by a scowl when he saw the boy cracking up in front of the television set, clapping his hands excitedly like a seal, eyes still firmly fixed on the screen. Rolling his eyes, Key let out a frustrated loud grunt as he continued shoving the yawning onew towards the door. Jonghyun could really drive him crazy at times...
 
When they finally reach the doors and swung them open, both boys momentarily froze in their steps.
 
Key felt his heart stop. He could feel butterflies fluttering wildly in the pit of his stomach.
 
Onew snapped his yawning mouth shut almost instantly. His groggy eyes shot wide open.
 
Wha..what... Why?
 
There were two police officers standing at their doorstep, a solemn look etched across their faces.
 
"I suppose you guys are the friends of Taemin and Minho." One of the officers said, glancing down on the clipboard in his hands.
 
"Yes..yes we are. What...what happened?" Onew enquired, his voice sligtly wavering, a worried and anxious look taking over his soft features.
 
Key just nodded unintelligibly. He opened his mouth, as if trying tosay something, but nothing came out. Fear, was stark and vivid in his eyes.
 
He knew it. Something had went wrong. He was right. That explained it all. Something must have happened to Minho and Taemin, that's why the police were here.
 
He heard the sound of the TV being switched off and some shuffling noises being him. Then, a hand touched his shaking shoulders. It almost made him jump.
 
"What's wron-" Jonghyun's eyes widened when he saw the two police officers.

The two officers gave one another a quick nervous glance. Hesitating for a few brief seconds, the slightly taller officer finally spoke. 
 
"I'm sorry to inform you this. Taemin and Minho were involved in a car accident. It was a hit and run. They're in a critical condition now."
 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally done with the second chapter! ^^ Hope you guys like it! Please do comment and subscribe! They are my motivation to write! So please do remember to subscribe and voice your opinions if you havn't ! <3