Broken

Love's Silent Chimes

 

The last thing Taemin remembered was that blinding headlights of the forthcoming vehicle, the deafening screech that broke through the tranquility of that peaceful night, and the ear-splitting screams of Minho. He didn't feel the impact of the collision, he didn't feel any pain; the only thing felt was the intense fear of losing Minho, of being torn apart from him, of never being able to see him, of never being able to hold him again. Then, it went blank altogether.


 That night
 
The two laid by the banks of the placid lake, against the cold grass completely covered with soft white snow. With their faces facing the beautiful night sky, they took in the impeccable view of that night. Snow flakes were dancing gracefully above them in the foggy winter-blue sky, before delicately making their landing. The freezing winter wind blew gently against their faces; the cold slicing through their tender, warm skin.

Since it was late in the night, the place was rather dark then, only dimly lit by the forlorn street lamp standing in the far end of the street. The number of people had thinned out by then, and it was awfully silent; the only sound Taemin heard was the peaceful breathing of Minho and himself. He liked the serenity of that night though. It provided him private time with Minho, where there were just the both of them in their very own world, completely locked away from the rest of the world. He loved this feeling. This feeling of forgetting the world around him, simply immersing in the ocean-deep love he shared with Minho. Thus, despite the cold weather, Taemin’s heart was filled with nothing but warmth and bliss.    

Minho's arms were  wrapped protectively against Taemin's thin waist as Taemin snuggled close, his head leaning against the broad, muscular chest of the older, taking in the warmth and sweet strawberry scent of him. Pure bliss overtook his senses as he felt Minho tighten his grip around him, pulling him closer. He could feel the pace of Minho's heartbeat increasing. He leaned in closer, embracing the melodious rhythm of Minho's heartbeat. That instant, Taemin forgot all the problems he faced in life, they slipped off his mind, disappearing into nothingness, and were replaced with complete love and security. Life was so beautiful, so perfect, so easy then, as long as he had Minho by his side. Boy, how he wished they could stay like this forever.
 
"Minnie, we should go now, it's already 11," Minho broke the silence of the night, whispering softly into the soft golden hair of the younger, gently giving the younger boy a squeeze.
 
"But I want to stay here with you forever Hyung,” Taemin whined, giving a little pout as he looked up to the older.
 
Minho couldn't help but chuckled at the sheer cuteness of the younger, he brought his calloused fingers up to the puffed up cheeks of Taemin, giving it a little playful pinch.
 
"It’s getting late. Key Umma will get mad if we do so. We can always come here again tomorrow, don't we?" he grinned.
  

Taemin’s brows furrowed as he thought about Minho’s suggestion. Then, a cavern smile played across his face as his eyes lit up.


“That's what you said Hyung, promise?" Taemin beamed as he jumped up like a five-year-old, pulling Minho up along.
 
"Promise," Minho smiled. He had said that with so much assurance. He was so sure of that.
 
Never had he thought that God would play such a cruel joke on them both.
 
Never had he expected this was his very last date with Taemin.
 
Never had he expected that it was the last time he could hold Taemin so closely.

 
The two lovebirds were still so happily chattering about as they ambled along, hands entwined, in that ironically beautiful night. They were so engrossed with their conversation, with one another, that they failed to see the speeding vehicle that was charging directly at them at the speed of a bullet train.
 
“Taemin! Watch ou-" Minho had tried to shove Taemin away when he finally noticed the speeding vehicle only a few feet away from them, but all was too late. It all happened so quickly. Within seconds, the car rammed into them both, mercilessly ripping everything they shared into pieces.  

All it took was one brutal accident.

One accident to tear their souls apart.

One accident to tear their love apart.

One accident to destroy everything between the two.

This love, was broken.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So how was the first chapter? :D Please do comment and tell me about it! ^o^ And don't forget to subscribe as well! Your comments and subscriptions mean a lot to me! <3