Moving On

Love's Silent Chimes

 

In the hospital

Key’s words resounded in Taemin’s head no matter how he tried pushing them out. They sliced his heart like a warm knife through butter. It was so scarily true. He has been running away from this fact for three years. This was when he truly considered the fact that Minho might never wake up.

Taemin stared down at the sleeping face of the older as he held his large, cold hands.

He's so beautiful, so perfect...

How could he possibly let go?

He loved him so deeply, so deeply that it hurts.

“Wake up hyung." Taemin whispered as he brought Minho's hands up to his lips. "Prove them wrong.”

As usual, there was still no response from him.

Wake up Taemin. Wake up.

He heard Key’s words haunting him at the back of his mind again.

Nonono… Taemin shook his head vehemently. Minho’s going to wake up.

What if he never wakes up?

These words replayed in his head once more.

Yea…what if, he never wakes up? Taemin couldn’t help but wonder.

Should he really let go?

He could still vividly see the lovely past that they had once shared - the kisses, the touches, their romantic dates, everything. They all merged into a kaleidoscope of beautiful images and each time he recalled them, it pained him, so deeply. For the past three years, he had prayed so desperately to be given the chance to experience all these once more. But deep down, he had already lost all hope, all the faith that he had once clinged on to so tightly. He was afraid. He was afraid of giving up. He was so damn scared as he could no longer find any string of hope to hold on to. He knew he could never feel the warmth of Minho ever again. He knew he had lost the only source of light in his world. And he felt so lost in the endless darkness.

"Hyung...tell me what should I do? I'm so scared..." His voice quivered as he struggled to hold back the tears which were forming at the back of his head.

"Hyung..."

"Minho..."

Still no response.

"Hyung..." Taemin tried again, tightening his grip around Minho's still hands desperately as the salty tears fell. "P-please..."

Taemin, Wake up.

Get over him.

Are you going to waste your entire youth waiting?

Face it Taemin, Wake up.

Wakeupwakeupwakeupwakeup.

Key's words resonated in his head yet again. This time, even louder and more incessant. He felt so dizzy, so confused. His head was so muddled, and he felt that it could explode anytime then.

"ARGH SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" Taemin screamed as he brought his small hands over  his ears to stop the voice. He shut his eyes, and moved his hands to his golden locks, pulling a few strands of his silky hair out as he attempted to calm his anguished mind. More tears made their way down his flushed cheeks. "Stop...please..."

For the next few minutes, he allowed himself to cry his heart out. He needed to release all the pain he hid in him all these years. He hadn't had a good cry ever since the day when Minho waws ruthlessly ripped away from him. He couldn't cry. He knew his Hyungs had worried enough. He musn't cry to cause them any more worry. And afterall, it was all his fault. If he hadn't suggested going to the stupid lake, all this would not have happened. If he paid more attention to the traffic instead of being so caught up in his conversation with Minho, this could have been avoided. He didn't deserve the luxury to cry. It was all his fault. But now, he needed to release the overwelming pain. It was too much for him to handle.

Then it hit him.

He can't go on living in all these pain. It wasn't healthy.  And for that to happen, he had to walk out of his past. He could not possibly let all this pain-filled memories haunt him anymore. Key was yet again, right. What he said always made sense. It wasn't right to spend his entire life waiting. It was just wrong.

Perhaps, it’s really time to let go...

Perhaps, letting go was really the best decision...

"Minho..." He looked at Minho once more, smiling as he heard the beautiful name that passed his lips. It was probably the last time he would ever hear or mutter this enchanting word. After this day, it would be completely erased from his world. Minho, will be nothing but a memory. No, he will not even remain as a memory. He would no longer exist in Taemin's world. Taemin has to forget this person, this person he loved so deeply. 

This is what moving on is all about, isn't it?

The tears has now all dried up and evaporated into nothingness. In their place was now a simple wan smile. Taemin leaned in and planted one last kiss on Minho’s lips. "Goodbye, Minho."  He whispered the name for the final time before walking away.

The smile was still unwavering on his lips as he headed towards the door. As he turned the doorknob, there were no longer tears, no longer pain. He just felt, empty, completely void of emotions. He took a deep breath, letting his lids close together so ever lightly, and pushed his way out into the new life awaiting him...

The past, was now nothing more than a painful memory.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So yea... Taemin has officially moved on! Anyways, please do subscribe and comment! They really make my day! ^^ Ohh and Sulli's finally appearing in the next chapter! Are you guys anticipating it? :O Hope you are! :D