Back to Life

Love's Silent Chimes

A few years later

“Jonghyun Hyung! Can you lend me your car tonight?” Taemin shouted across the room as he jogged down the stairs.

“No, not today Taemin, I’m planning to take Key ou- Woah woah woah” Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he saw Taemin dressed dashingly in a black tuxedo, his hair neatly gelled up. A smirk played across his face when he caught Taemin attempting to hide a bouquet of flowers behind his back. “Guess it’s your big night today huh? Are you going to propose? With that bouquet of flowers behind you?” Jonghyun questioned teasingly.

 “Hyung!” Taemin’s face blushed a furious red. “I’m not…”

“Yes you soooo are!” Taemin gave a little jump in astonishment when he felt Key’s slender hands land on his shoulders suddenly. "Aigoo~ It's so exciting! I'm going to have a daughter-in-law soon!” Key cooed as he joined Jonghyun at the sofa. “Our little baby was actually asking me how to propose to a girl yesterday night! What's her name? Erm it's...Su-Sulli right?" Key chuckled. "How cute!"

“No! I didn’t ask you anything! HYUNG!!” Taemin whined, his cheeks burning a deeper beet red.

“Yes…oh god...yes…” Key struggled to catch his breath as he tried suppressing his growing laughter.“You did! You did! Taemin-ah why are you so cute?”

“Ahh man! Kibum you idiot! Why didn’t you tell me this yesterday, or earlier today?” Jonghyun slapped Key’s arms affectionately as he guffawed at Taemin's sheer cuteness. "I would have given him more tips!"

“That’s because you were sleeping like a pig last night! Do you know that Taeminnie actually woke me up at two just to ask me this question? Right Taemin?”

Taemin’s face was now so heated to the point of explosion. The previous day, he had been thinking about the proposal all night that he couldn’t sleep. Thus, to have his little query on the subject answered, he had gingerly sneaked into Key's and Jonghyun’s room in the middle of the night, waking Key just so he could get answers. Never had he expected that such a little question could land him in such an awkward situation he was stuck in presently.

“And…and…" Key continued in between laughters, "I thought he came up with such questions as was going through puberty or something. I didn’t know he was serious about it until I saw him all dressed up. God I should've seen this coming!”

Taemin stared helplessly at his two hyungs as they continued laughing their heads off. Gosh, Key and his big mouth, so much for being the trustworthy Umma, Taemin thought bitterly. With an exasperated sigh, he reluctantly admitted that he was indeed planning to propose to Sulli later that night, creating much hoo-ha between the two older men. When will they ever grow up? He sighed once more.

“Okay story’s over, so can I have the car keys now?” Taemin asked sourly after he spilled everything, his arms folded across his chest in indignation. The boy has never once enjoyed sharing the details of his love life with others, including the two hyungs who were presently having some kind of laughing attack. His brows furrowed in frustration when Jonghyun made no move to retrieve the car keys. "Hyung? Keys please? I'm running late!"

"Alright, alright! Hold on a sec- there, here you go!"Jonghyun threw his car keys at him. “Good luck boy! Bring the bride home!” he beamed widely.

“Thank you! And Bye!” Taemin's glum face stretched into a cavern grin as he caught the keys, giving a quick wave before quickly darting for the door, escaping the torturous teasing of his Hyungs.

Not long after Taemin left, a grumpy Onew plodded out of his room with a book tightly wrapped in his hands.

“Guys! What's with all the laughing? I’m reading a book here. And it's really interesting! So keep the noise down please, let me read in peace.”

Sharing a quick glance, Jonghyun and Key couldn't help but burst out laughing again.

"Argh great! I just told you two to quieten down and here you are laughing like some mad hatter." Onew groaned. Then his eyes glinted in excitement. "You two should totally check out this book I'm reading. It's about the life of a chicken in an animal farm! And it's super original and hilarious! Even better than the joke that you both were laughing at just now I bet!"

"God! Onew!" The both boys exclaimed in unison as they stared at the oldest in disbelief. "Get some help!"

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for how bad this chapter is, I'm not really good at writing happy stories...so I apologise for this ish chapter. Please do continue to support this story though, they mean a lot to me! I really appreciate the comments you guys left me, it's really nice knowing that you've actually took time to read and comment on this story! ^~^ I'll try to get the next chapter out soon, before I leave for my Korea trip! :3 Do continue subscribing and commenting! <3