A Miracle that Came Too Late

Love's Silent Chimes

 

 

 

 

Taemin's POV

 

Taemin had mixed emotions in him as he made his way to the hospital. He was so happy previously in the park with Sulli. Everything had been so perfect, until this call came and spoiled everything.

Apparently, Minho has woke up.

Taemin practically froze up when he heard the news. His mind went completely blank. It was as though he was into some sort of black hole. He felt so lost.

Was he dreaming?

Taemin has never once told Sulli of his past with Minho before. It was something he wanted to hide and forget.  Thus, when Sulli questioned him about what happened. He quickly made up some lie to cover the truth and an excuse to leave. Being the gullible girl she was, Sulli easily believed him and let him go, without questioning any further.

As he made his way to the hospital, the old memories flooded back and filled his mind all over again. However, this time, Taemin let them flow, not bothering to force them out of his mind like always. Then, it hit him. He realised that he had never once fullly gotten over Minho. A part of him was always waiting for him. And when he received the news of Minho awaking, he could feel that part of him awakening as well. He could feel the flame burning in him again, the flame that had been long extinguished.

What was happening to him?

Could he be in love with Minho, all over again?

He dislodge that thought as quickly as it came.

He was getting married with Sulli in three months time, for heaven’s sake!

Soon, he reached the hospital. Taking a deep breath, he entered the room. He could handle all these. It’s only Minho. Why was he feeling so nervous?

As he entered the room, he saw all his three hyungs gathering by Minho’s side. A wide smile hung beautifully on Minho’s face when he saw Taemin. He could feel an onslaught of nervousness twisting in him when Minho motioned him to go over.

“Taemin! You’ve grown so much! Damn I sure have missed out a lot. Your hyungs have just filled me up. And gosh, I’ve been asleep for 7 freakin’ years. Can you believe it? Apparently, I’ve missed your graduation as well. I’m really so sorry…” Taemin watched as Minho blabbered on. He was so confused. He didn’t know how to react at all. He thought Minho would never wake up, and he ing moved on. Yet, Minho was all awake again. They said it was a miracle. But why can’t the miracle come earlier, before he learned to move on? His life was going on so well now. Why must God turn it upside down again? He couldn’t just ditch Sulli and come running back to Minho. It wasn’t fair.

Wait, why was he even thinking about running back to Minho?

“Taemin? Taemin? You there?” Taemin was brought out of his reverie by Minho. He stared at Minho, completely at a lost for words.

What could he say?

I love you?

I’ve thought you’ll never wake up so I ing moved on?

“I missed you so much Taeminnie…” Minho was now gazing at him intently. When the older tried pulling Taemin in for a hug, Taemin flinched.

He pulled back, lashing those vicious words at Minho. “Sorry Minho. I’m getting married in three months time.”

With that, he turned and left Minho and his hyungs, a wave of guilt washing over him. He couldn’t believe everything that had just happen. Revealing his marriage to Minho, walking away from him, everything felt so surreal.

I’m not dreaming, am I? Taemin pinched his left arm violently, and immediately felt pain surge through his arms. But that was a good source of distraction. This pain kept his mind of the complicated matters temporarily. That was good. He continued abusing his left arm, pinching them harshly, creating new bruises on them.

But it’s okay….It kept his mind off Minho…That’s all he need…   

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________