Chap 11 : Why Can't You Love Her ?

Starlight Moonlight

 

It's just really nice that the next day is Saturday but Jonghyun seems like can't even get himself up from his bed that morning,

and it's all because he stayed up late last night, can't stop think how bad he is to treat Luna like that.

“ Are you going to stay on this bed till noon ? “ Key asked as he approached him who's still cuddling with his pillow.

“ Come on. Get up. I've prepared the breakfast. “

“ Help me ! I'm so sleepy. “ He mumbled to him.

“ Aaah .. I'm too busy for this. Onew hyung .. Jjong hyung need you right now. “

Key shouted from the room before leaving Jonghyun alone.

“ Yah ! Kim Jonghyun ! Wake up ! “ Onew pulled the blanket off him but it doesn't seems like working for him.

“ I don't want. “ He pulled back the blanket.

“ Fine ! I'll get you a really cold bath if you don't move from this bed. “

Onew slowly walked towards the bathroom and take a bucket of cold water, “ 1 .. 2 .. Jonghyun .. I really gonna do it ..3 .. “

“ Arasso ! Arasso ! I'm up ! “ Onew chuckled at his dongsaeng.

“ Good ! To the shower now. You'll be dead if I found you on the bed again. “ He glared at him before walked out of the room.

 

They enjoyed their breakfast after that but of course Jonghyun will be the one who's not so into it that morning.

“ Are you guys not going to ask me anything ? “ He uttered as he take a glance at his friends.

“ We will .. but later. Eat your food first. “ Onew said with a poker face.

They just watching TV after that but none of their minds were on the movie and

Onew realize this so he take this chance to start the conversation. “ So .. Jjong. You really turned her down ? “

That question just make all of them to turned their eyes on Jonghyun while Jonghyun just lightly nodded to Onew.

“ Mind to tell us the reason ? “ Key asked in curious.

“ I don't love her. “

“ Really ? Not even a little ? You don't have a thing for her at all ? “ Minho shot after that.

“ Yeah .. She just a friend to me. “

“ Tell me the truth. By any chance did you realize that she have those feeling to you all this time ? “

“ I seriously don't have a clue about that. And I feel really bad right now. I don't know how to face her after this.

I know she must be really frustrated right now. “

“ But hyung .. Don't you think about trying to love her ? I mean after all the effort that she give,

after how hard she's been keeping her feelings from you .. don't you think at least to consider her love ? “ 

Taemin spoke which make all of his hyungs in stunned because they don't know the maknae can be this matured.

“ Where did you got that Taem ? Are you copied it from some movie or something ? “ Key asked kinda off the topic right now.

“ Key .. Focus. So Jjong ? “ Onew glared at Key before shifted to look at Jonghyun.

“ I don't think I can even try to love her. It's really hard for me to be in love again after ... “

He stopped when his mind recalled back the history.

“ After ? What is it hyung ? “ Minho said with a worried face when he saw Jonghyun expression were changed right now.

“ Why can't you love her hyung ? Why can't you try ? “ Key asked with one of his eyebrows raised.

“ Is it because of Sekyung unni ? “

All eyes shot at the door when they heard Amber's voice with the rest of the girls at her back

except for Luna who of course not going to be there.

 

[Flashback]

L.A, 3 years ago

 

Jonghyun come back home late on that night and he feel so tired when he reached his house.

He has this weird feeling inside him when he saw how quiet his house right now.

Slowly he reach up the door knob and once he's step inside, “ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONGHYUN !!! “

“ OMG ! Yah !! “ He shot slightly jerked backward when he found all of his friends were there.

“ Haha .. Happy birthday oppa !! “ Amber said as she give a big hug to him.

“ You did this ? “

“ Jeez .. Not me of course. She did this .. keke. “ Amber pointed at the girl who's holding a cake right in front of him.

Jonghyun just pouted looking at her, “ Happy Birthday sweetheart. “ She said with a big grinned on her face.

“ Huh ! You're so bad today. How can you neglected your boyfriend on his birthday ? “

“ Hehe .. Sorry. Now make a wish. “ Jonghyun keep on pouting.

“ Aishh ! You have to blow this candles if you want your gift from me or I'll give it to someone else. “ She's blackmailing him.

“ Is your present good ? “

“ Yup ! Good and .. sweet ? Hehe “ Jonghyun smiled as he heard her said that.

“ Ewww .. What are you going to give him unni ? “ Amber asked when she can feel goosebumps all over her body.

“ Secret ! “

“ See Amber. You need a boyfriend if you wanna know what she mean . “ Jonghyun said after blow the candles with a smirked.

 

Both of them went towards the fountain after all the guest leaved the house. “ Do you like the party ? “

“ Yup ! It's nice. “

Jonghyun walked towards her back and wrapped his arm around her waist from behind.

“ This feel nicer. “ He said to her.

“ Yeah it is. I'm going to let you hug me all you want tonight because you might gonna miss this when I'm g .. “

“ SEKYUNG ! Stop mentioning that. I don't like it. “ He said then make her to faced him.

“ Listen to me. You're gonna be fine. Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything to happen to you. “

Sekyung know that that words only are to comfort himself not her as both of them knows that

it's impossible for her to continue her life.

“ Jonghyun .. Don't be like this. You have to accept it. It's my fate. “

“ But .. I love you. I don't want to lose you. “

“ I know and I love you too. But we both know that we can't do anything about it. Please ..

I just want to see you smile and not like this. I .. I don't want to leave you like this Jonghyun-ah.

Please .. do it for me when I still have the time. “

It was the hardest thing for him to do. He don't want to pretend that he's happy when she's battled with her disease.

“ Why did you bring this up ? “ A tears started to forms in his eyes.

“ I'm sorry Jonghyun-ah. I can't fulfill my promise to you. I can't stay with you forever. “ She pulled him for an embrace.

“ You have to be ready Jjong. Who knows when will I leave this world. Maybe .. Tomorrow ? “

She said with a trembled voice and Jonghyun can feel her body slightly shivering right now.

“ What nonsense ! “

“ Maybe Jonghyun. Maybe .. It might happen. “

 

Sekyung insist to sleepover at his house on that night which really make Jonghyun to shocked.

“ Are you sure you want to sleep here ? “ Jonghyun pointed at his bed.

“ Yeah ! Why ? “

“ Ani .. Just .. Just want to let you know that I won't do anything bad to you. “ He said slightly nervous with his words.

“ Haha .. You're cute. You're blushing right now Jjong. I know you won't do anything to me.

That's why I don't mind sleeping next to you. “

“ Haha .. Right ! “ He laughed just to hide his nervousness.

Both of them get onto the bed and just frozen there as they lie down.

Jonghyun take a glimpse at Sekyung but immediately turned away when Sekyung catch him looking at her with a chuckle.

“ Why are you lying at the edge ? You going to fall later. Come here. “

She patted the spot next to her an Jonghyun just slowly shifted there without even looking at her.

Once again she chuckled looking how frozen he is right now.

“ Are you not going to hug me ? “

“ Oh .. Yeah .. Hug .. You .. Ok . “

It not the first time that they hugged each other but Jonghyun feel slightly awkward doing that right now.

“ Why are you so stiff ? And you look nervous. Don't tell me that you have a dirty thought right now. “

Sekyung said with a death glare.

“ No .. I don't . Really. I didn't think of that .. I.. “

“ Ok .. I get it. I'm just teasing you silly. “ Sekyung just closed her eyes after that.

“ I just want to feel your warm embrace tonight. I really like this way. “ Jonghyun feel soften when he heard that.

“ Really ? Just sleep now. I'm sure you gonna have a good night tonight. “ He said before planted a kiss on her forehead.

Sekyung tilted her head slightly to look at him, “ Jonghyun-ah. Thanks for everything. I love you. “

“ I love you to Sekyung. I won't love anyone else other than you. You're the only one for me. “

They shared a sweet kiss after that before dozed off to sleep.

 

SEKYUNG-AHH !! “ Jonghyun didn't stop to call her name as they rushed towards the emergency room.

“ Jonghyun. Stay here. We'll take care of her. Just calm down. “ The doctor told him that.

Jonghyun were so shocked when he woke up this morning he found that there's some blood stain on his shirt

and his eyes widened when he saw that the blood are coming from Sekyung's mouth.

So, quickly he rushed her to the hospital with tears keep on flowing down his face.

“ Jonghyun. “

“ Eomonim. Sekyung ! “ He don't know how to explain it to her parents.

“ We understand Jonghyun. “ Mr Shin tried to calm him down along with his wife.

Not long after that Amber come with Jonghyun's parents.

After an hour the doctor finally come out, “ How's she right now ? “

He didn't answer him and just take a quick glimpse at Sekyung's parents.

“ Tell me. She fine right ? “ He asked again.

“ I'm sorry. But we have done the best that we can but she still can't make it. “

“ Huh ? What ? What are you saying. “

“ Jonghyun. She's gone. “

“ OMG ! My daughter ! “

Mrs Shin cried out loud when she heard that while Jonghyun he just stunned with tears still run down his face.

“ Oppa .. “ Amber approached him.

“ Se .. Sekyung .. SEKYUNG !!! “

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Jonghyun take a glance at each of his friends.

Some of them almost tearing up while the rest of them just have this serious expression on their face.

Then he shifted his eyes to Amber who just smiled weakly at him.

She knows how miserable he is and he also seems like already lost his life when she leaved him.

Amber also know how hard his parents and herself have to tried to help him come back to his own self.

“ Oppa .. Mianhae .. I don't know .. “

“ Gwaenchana Krys. “

“ I'm sorry Jjong. “ Onew said while wrapping his arm around his shoulder.

“ I can't love anyone else beside Sekyung. She's meant a lot to me.

I'm sure you know about it better than anyone else Amber. “ He said while staring at her.

“ I know oppa .. “

“ Then, why don't you just stop her ? “ He suddenly shot a glare slightly disappointed with his own best friend.

“ Oppa .. Do you think you can stop a person to be in love ? She has her right.

And I just thought that finally you can open up your heart but I'm wrong. “

“ You still can stop her. You can tell her that I'm a bad person or whatever and with that she can easily forget me.

That way I won't have to hurt her feelings like this. “

“ Can't you see ? Her love is pure. It just can't be stop when I'm telling her to do so.

Don't you think it's the time for you to get over Sekyung unni ? I'm sure she also want you to move on oppa. “

“ Amber Liu !! “ Jonghyun raised his voice which then startled Amber and the rest.

“ Jonghyun, I know this will disappoint you but Amber is right. You cannot be like this. “ Onew said while patting his back.

“ Hyung .. “

“ Jonghyun-ah .. I know its' really hard for you. But it's the right thing to do.

You've suffered enough and I'm sure she don't want to see you like this. “ Victoria add some more.

Jonghyun just keep his head hung low while the rest just looking at him with a sympathy.

They never thought they will see how awful Jonghyun are like right now.