Chapter 06: Saehee

Time Bomb

Chapter 06: Saehee

 

 

We didn’t talk after that. Not until the police showed up late at night that day, asking for my brother. Everyone retreated to their rooms while the policemen talked to my brother in the kitchen. They were still investigating Hyo Sung's death. I wanted to stay and listen but too much was on my mind.

 

What did it mean, to have a blank timer? Was it the same thing as the infinity sign? I sighed, wondering why I couldn't just Google search these questions. It was terrible as it was fascinating, knowing my ability could potentially be used for something more.

 

Perhaps Mark was a special case like my dad. Maybe he had an ability as well. The ability to live forever? I laughed and buried my face into my pillow. Now I was losing it. I was going crazy.



 

Dinner went on like normal with my parents asking us how school went and the kids replying with short answers. Mom noticed the tension between Yugyeom and I but I figured she didn't say anything because she didn't want to cause a bigger problem. My dad was on the phone, talking to one of his co-workers about an upcoming project while my brother was most likely texting the GOT7 members for plans tomorrow night.

 

"Honey, is there something you'd like to say?" Mom asked him and he looked up with a confused look.

 

"I don't believe so," he replied. "Why did something happen?"

 

"Well," my mom hesitated, "a girl came by earlier today. She said you... forgot this at her house." Mom went into the living room and came back with Yugyeom's black leather jacket. I heard Yugyeom mumble an "oh-my-god" as he stood up and took back his jacket. Dad, who just got off the phone, viewed the situation with curiosity.

 

"I swear Mom, its not what you think," my twin groaned. "Wait, how did she even know where I lived?" He started pacing while gripping onto his hair then groaned a second time as he his phone. He must have just noticed that his phone also had our address at the top left hand corner.

 

"Ok," he breathed, "Mom, dad, I honestly don't know her. I just helped her get away from Leon and Kibum and the two of us argued until I fainted on the streets. I had another vision and when I came to, I was lying awake in her house."

 

Dad and I looked at him weirdly but Mom nodded in understanding. "She's a nice girl, Gyeom. She said she goes to school with you."

 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, "Ugh, don't remind me Mom. She's the most annoying girl I've ever met."



 

Bam Bam came up to me again as I entered my math class. His newly dyed blue hair made him stand out from the rest of the students. He gave me a smile, sliding out the chair that was beside mine. "Good morning, how are you today?"

 

Looking at him skeptically, I gave him a small smile before taking out my homework. "Did you end up finishing your homework?"

 

He nodded and groaned, "I had to ask Jaebum to help me out since Mark was too busy teaching Jackson history. Took me all night to finish the homework. Oh, do you like my hair? I got it dyed this morning."

 

"Sure," I shrugged although I was curious why he dyed it in the first place. "Is Mark going to be teaching today?"

 

The door opened and in came Mr. Tuan in his school uniform and freshly dyed red hair. People started whispering and giggling as I groaned. While Mark took attendance, I looked ahead in our textbooks to see what we were learning today but when he called my name, he started for a bit before giving me a small smile.

 

His timer didn't change but something else did and I didn't like it.

 

The fluttering in my chest needs to go away.


 

"... Alright, be sure to do pages 65-68 tonight for homework. There will be a quiz on the material we have learned today on Friday. Have a great day!" The redhead smiled and the students started to leave the class. As soon as my foot left the room, Bam Bam caught me by the collar and dragged me back in.

 

"Let's wait for Mark so we can all get lunch together."

 

I shook my head and took a step forward but the Thai male slung his arm around my shoulders. He grinned and walked us towards Mark who was neatly putting away his lesson plans.

 

"Oh," he looked up, "you're eating lunch with us again?"

 

I was about to answer 'no' until Bam Bam gleefully replied for me. "She'll be eating with us everyday!"

 

"I actually..." I couldn't finish my sentence as the boys led me out the room and into the noisy cafeteria. As we lined up, I could feel their stares of the jealous girls and boys who were either in front of me or passing by me.

 

“Hey, what do you want?” I heard someone ask but my mind was somewhere else as a particular girl walked passed and pulled on my brother’s ear. They were arguing from a distance but it seemed like the girl with converse shoes was winning as she nagged at him. I stifled a laugh and suddenly, my tray felt heavy and I turned around finding a bowl of galbitang and a caesar salad on it.

 

Mark shrugged, “You didn’t answer my question so I got you whatever.” He flashed a pearly smile and the three of us headed towards the GOT7 table. My heart pounded and I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. Perhaps it was the glares that I received or maybe it was my inner sibling calling as all of us stared at Yugyeom and the mysterious girl. They were still fighting but no one bothered to stop them. In fact, Jackson took out his phone and started to record them as he mumbled “for blackmailing” with a devilish grin.  

 

“So,” the red haired male grinned while turning towards me, “I never really got to introduce myself yesterday huh? I’m Mark, Mark Tuan, the oldest member of the group. I heard from Jackson that Bam Bam invited you to our table.”

 

I shrugged, “I guess… I mean, I don’t really know him very well.”

 

“Well, it’s a first. We don’t usually bring new people into our group, but I guess you’re an exception. Anyways, if you need anything, feel free to ask.”

 

I gave him a smile but the blank timer still lingered in my mind. Why was he so different from the others? From time to time, I took glances at Mark, wondering if the timer would ever change and once in a while, I would see it flicker as if it wanted to change.

 

“I.. I need to leave,” my brother got up and everyone stared at him.

 

His face turned pale as a ghost before running out of the cafeteria. I got up and followed after him, alarmed that he was having another vision in the middle of the day. His long legs covered more ground, but I knew where he was going; he was headed towards the school gym. I tugged on the large doors and I found him puking into a garbage can near the bleachers.

 

“Gyeom, are you alright?” I asked, patting his back as he shivered. Sweat started trailing down his face while he tried to keep his composure. The next thing I knew, he fell off the bleachers and I immediately got up and shook him. “H-Hey!” The main doors slammed opened and the rest of the GOT7 members hurried in.

 

“He’s burning up!” cried Youngjae and Jaebum immediately ordered Jackson and Mark to take him to the infirmary. We followed after them but as soon as he was placed into the bed, he started thrashing about, screaming from the pain. I bit my lip while watching the others panic. Yugyeom was punching, kicking and cursing at whoever was closest to him (Jaebum and Jr.).

 

“D-Do you want to send him to the hospital?” Nurse Yoo asked as she stared at the sight in front of her, “H-He looks u-unstable…”

 

Before anyone could answer, I stood up, “No! I-I mean, he’s fine… I think he’s having a nightmare.”

 

Everyone looked at me skeptically but groaning got everyone’s attention. Yugyeom sat up from the bed and held his head painfully. Whatever he was going through was worse than me.


 

“N-Noona…” he groaned and broke down.


 

 

Short Chapter... Thank you for 27 subscribers! <3 *sends hugs and kisses