Chapter 03: Saehee

Time Bomb

Chapter 03: Saehee

 

 

The silent lock of the door woke me up and I found myself in the infirmary room. Sitting up, I groaned while taking the hand mirror that was placed beside me on the nightstand. The light purple and blue patch on my face started to turn darker and I reached up to touch it, wincing from the pain. He may not look the part, but Yugyeom could have been a professional boxer. 

 

I looked around and got off the bed, folding the blanket but something yellow floated in the air before landing on the tiled floor. Reaching down, I picked up the note.

 

You sure know how to surprise people. Don't know what happened but you're lucky you don't need to go to the hospital. Haha, hope you feel better soon!

-Jackson Wang

 

I stifled a laugh before walking out of the door. The halls were empty and from that, I knew that school was over. Checking the time, I sighed and stalked down the hallway with Yugyeom on my mind. I decided to check the gym.

 

Opening the large burgundy door, I found the him dribbling the basketball down the court with several of his teammates running behind him. Quietly sitting down in the front row, I mentally cheered as he scored a point. The girls beside me on the other hand screamed their lungs out as they flailed their banners. I saw him look at me but he quickly turned around and smiled at his team. The buzzer went off and Seoul High was announced the winner and everyone in the bleachers came down to congratulate the team while I was still sitting. 

 

"Oh hey its you!" a voice called out and I looked over and saw Mr. "Wild and y", Jackson Wang. 

 

"Hello," I bowed, "thanks for taking me to the infirmary room earlier."

 

He gave a cheeky smile, "No problem but that bruise looks like a killer."

 

I mimicked his expression, "Yeah but I'll be fine."

 

Before he could say anything, Yugyeom came over and dragged him away, giving me a glare. I guess he wasn't coming home tonight. 

 

 


 

 

When I got home, my parents welcomed me with grim voices. They were sitting on the couch while watching the news. Making my way towards the brown and black coffee table, I turned off the TV and placed the remote back on the surface of the glass.

 

"Mom, Dad... Can I tell you something?" I sat down beside my mom and placed my bag on the floor.

 

My dad looked at me, "Does it have anything to do with the news? They were talking about a student from your school." 

 

"It... It does Dad," I shifted my weight and sighed, "Yugyeom was friends with him and well... I tried to get him to stay away from the guy. I found out he was going to die and Yugyeom gets attached to people really easily and I really wanted to warn Hyo Sung but then..." I stopped talking, realising that I was blabbing and tears were streaking my face. 

 

"Dear, why don't you slowly tell us," my mom calmly asked as she handed me a tissue.

 

I calmed down and told them the situation before bursting out in tears again. "Yugyeom's mad at me. I don't want him to hate me anymore!"

 

My dad took my hand and sighed, "You have to give him some time. I'll talk to him when he gets home tonight-"

 

"He isn't coming home Dad. I think he's at one of his basketball parties but I don't know how long he'll keep avoiding me."

 

"Sae, sleep it through," Mom advised me and she led me to my room,"He'll come around. I promise."

 


 

 

The next day, I passed by Jackson who happened to be cracking jokes with BamBam. He waved to me and gestured me to come closer and hesitantly, I walked over to them.

 

"Good morning pretty!" He smiled and I frowned.

 

"Oh," gasped the Thai male, "you're in my math class! Um... Saehee, was it?"

 

"That's right," I replied.

 

He was tall, taller than Jackson and far more smarter. Although Jackson had a sense of humour, BamBam was the smartest kid in my math class and always placed number one on unit tests. He was known for his baby face and blonde streak in his hair but he didn't seem as popular as the Hong Kong male.

 

Jackson was short but from the looks of his figure, he exercised a lot. The clothes that he wore contrasted with his personality as he always walked around with black clothes and maybe a hint of colour on his snapback but that was really it. Everyone called him Mr. Wild and y or Wang Puppy.

 

Both of them had a long time before they would die.

 

"Do you want to go to class together?" BamBam asked with a smile and I immediately shot him down by walking away. I could hear Jackson laughing away like a hyena while BamBam smacked him. I didn't want the attention but somehow, I managed to bring myself to it as girls glared at me. They started to gossip and several confronted me, telling me to stay away from their "oppas" but in reality, it was them that had to stay away from me.

I walked into my social class and greeted the teacher. The lesson started and I found myself dozing off. 

 

When I woke up though, a book was sitting upright in front of me with a random page opened. Someone must have covered for me. But who?

 

While walking out, I felt an arm sling around my neck followed by a joyful "hello". BamBam walked beside me as I tried to get his arm off but the more I struggled, the tighter his grip. 

 

"Come on! I just want to walk to class with you!"

 

"Why me?" I grumbled.

 

"Jackson wouldn't stop talking about you. He told us that he saw you collapse in his arms and he even said, and I quote 'it was love at first sight'!"

 

I mentally puked and took the chance to swing his arm off of me. "Tell him I'm not interested." And with that, I entered my math class.

 

The bell had rung twenty minutes ago and our teacher still had not arrived. The class was fooling around and some acted like monkeys but the door suddenly opened and in walked a blond male along with our principal. Mr. Jung faced us and explained that our teacher's wife was having a child while the blond male started writing on the board.

 

"So instead of Mr. Lee, you'll be having Mr. Tuan teach for the whole week. He is a student here at Seoul High but with his remarkable grades, I've asked him to take over this class until Mr. Lee comes back. Please treat him well!" When Mr. Jung left, Mr. Tuan turned around and smiled. 

 

And if my life wasn't already confusing, Mark Tuan added another problem into my world. I gripped onto my table and nibbled on my lip as his mouth started to move. None of what he was saying reached me as I was clouded with thoughts.

 

 

 

Why was his timer blank?