Chapter 04: Yugyeom

Time Bomb

Chapter 04: Yugyeom

 

 

Angry? Depressed? Disappointment? I don't even know anymore. 

 

I punched her several times before my brain told me stop; she was my sister and she didn't deserve it. I ran, down the stairs and into Hall C where my footsteps echoed as I slouched against the furthest wall away from the main set of stairs. I hissed at myself as my last words to her replayed like a broken record. Half of me wanted to apologize but the other screamed 'Hate her!'. Torn and confused, I checked the time and decided to head to the change room where the rest of the guys were.

 

“You’re finally here,” smirked Jackson as he slapped my back, “Get changed, we have to be out on the court in ten minutes.”

 

My mind was somewhere else when the game began and all I wanted to do was speed up time and go home. The excessive screaming, the squeaks of shoes colliding with the waxed floor and the dribbling of the ball kept me from losing my mind as I scored a point but I kept glancing at the bleachers where Sae Hee sat. There was five minutes left on the clock and the boys were gathered around.

 

“Alright, if we get Yugyeom and Nolan to score a few more points then we’ll definitely take home the win tonight,” Coach Kim smiled, “but we need Jaebum and Mark on defense at all times.” The team nodded and we did our cheer before running back onto the court where the fans continued to scream their hearts out. My eyes were playing with me as I saw Hyo Sung’s figure on the court, running beside me as if he was covering for me. Shaking away the thought, I focused up ahead.

 

“Yugyeom, pass!” a voice called out and I threw the ball towards the dark haired male who did a layup and shot the ball into the net. The crowd went wild and all of the members of Seoul High basketball team crowded together in celebration.

 

The score was 22:16.

 

 


 

 

"Hey, where were you?" Jaebum asked and I just gave him a crooked smile. "Anyways, Nolan’s hosting a party at the cafe tonight, you coming? The rest of GOT7’s gonna be there from what Bam told me."

 

A party. Maybe that would keep my mind off of things. 

 

"Sure," I replied and he slung an arm around me with a bright smile as he called over the rest of the gang.

 

"Jackson said he didn't want to go, probably hooking up with another girl from the cheerleading team.” groaned Mark. I felt bad since Mark and Jackson were roommates and often times, Jackson would bring home girls who would usually flirt with Mark. Mark was an introverted person who never really liked socialising with people, especially girls. 

 

“He’s probably going to keep you up all night again,” laughed Jr. as he and the rest of the members joined us. 

 

I rolled my eyes as the six of us piled into Jaebum’s van where we drove off to a nearby cafe called “Mirae” which meant the future. There were so many people there,  I ended up feeling uncomfortable as most of the cheerleading team swarmed us, asking stupid questions. I surveyed the area and slouched in my seat, finding no one who would accompany me out of the cafe since everyone was having a good time, not even Mark who usually wanted to go home after a long game of basketball. 

 

I got up and decided to walk around, hoping to slide my way past the team and out the door. Right when I approached the entrance, my eyes locked on a girl who didn't look like she was a cheerleader or a coach. She sat in the corner of the room with a novel in her hand, taking several glances up before focusing back on her book. She had brown and blue hair (obviously dyed) and thick framed glasses that clung onto her face. She wore a white skirt paired with a light pink top and black Converse shoes that fitted perfectly with her figure.

 

A cheerleader walked up to her and from what I could tell, the other girl was annoyed as she closed her book and followed the preppy girl who made her way towards a group of guys. They looked like they were seniors but the disgusting looks that they had on their faces made me want to march up to them. 

 

"Wow... she's pretty hot," Leon, leader of the defense line, scanned her body as Kibum took her glasses and played around with them. 

 

"She's a keeper. Say, pretty girl, how about you come with us for the night?" Kibum said and the girl scrunched up her nose.

 

"No thanks," she snarled and took back her glasses. "I didn't come here for you losers." She started rapidly talking to the cheerleader who looked pretty angry but before she could escape, Leon grabbed her hand and started playing with her hair while Kibum tried to sneak in kisses. The girl struggled and that's when I had enough. Storming over, I told the two off and then grabbed her hand, exiting the cafe with howls and cat calls trailing behind. 

 

We walked a block before she yelled at me and swung her hand out of my grip.

 

"Thanks, but I didn't need your help," she said with sass. 

 

I scoffed. What kind of girl says that to someone who just saved her ? Her. "O bviously you did considering they were all over you." 

 

It was her turn to scoff as she looked at me with anger, "You say that as if I'm one of those girls. Just mind your own business, Kim Yugyeom."

 

I was taken back as she said my name but I regained my composure, "Fine, next time I'll let them do whatever to you." I walked off but a searing pain in my head kept me from going on. I clutched onto my head and everything started spinning.

 

No, not now...

 

I heard her calling my name but my focus was somewhere else. 

I was in someone's room, a male's to be exact, holding onto... a knife? Underneath the covers was a fairly large bump but the person's hand gripped onto the bed sheets and I took note that the hand was a female's. Revealing who was underneath, I wanted to stop whoever was holding onto the weapon. Murder in general wasn't a good thing and I didn't need another friend dead. The knife was raised and before I could witness what was next, my mind and vision became clouded.