[Side Story] Halloween Special Pt I

Time Bomb

Halloween Special Pt. I

 

Boyfriend: Witch

 

 

That time of year was here once again: Halloween. Seoul High had spent weeks preparing for the Halloween Dance and everyone was excited; everyone but the twins. Being the happy virus, Jackson absolutely adored Halloween. He giggled and wrapped his arms around the six-foot giant who groaned while he walked to class.

 

“What are you going to be this year Gyeom? I’m going to be…” he paused, stepped back, and spread his arms out. “THOR! Everyone in GOT7 is planning to cosplay as the Avengers! Well, Mark was being a douche. He wanted to be Spider-Man again.”

 

  

 

Yugyeom was anything but interested and continued walking to his next class with the pestering bug beside him. Girls around them were asking Yugyeom to be their date but the cold prince shot them down. Some people thought the sixteen-year-old was interested in the opposite gender but others believed that he was just an ice prince. And so, girls continued to ask him out. Jackson’s voice was drowned out by the screaming, confessing girls but the grim look that Yugyeom wore pierced everyone’s heart. He had enough.

 

“Just go away!” he screamed and the crowd moved to the side, immediately making way for the teenage boy. Jackson stood in his place, stunned, until he realised that the youngest member of his group had left him alone in the raving pond of piranhas.

 

“KIM YUGYEOM!”

 

 

Stomping down the hall, Yugyeom grumbled under his breath. He absolutely despised Halloween. It was the holiday that the male wished would not have existed in the first place. He didn’t care if Halloween was originally a holiday where ghosts and goblins roamed the streets or a holiday where stores would receive money from people who bought outrageous amounts of candy to hand out. To him, it was a holiday where people would die. Ever since he developed the ability to see people’s deaths, Halloween was always the holiday where he would be in pain. More than forty people would die on the holiday because of their carelessness. Harmless tricks and pranks would become fatal and Yugyeom would always bear the burden. Lost in his thoughts, he crashed into a girl who yelled at him. “Kim Yugyeom! Watch where you’re going you stupid giant!” His heart swelled from the voice and looked down. Sprawled on the floor, the brown and blue haired girl gave him the deadliest glare.

 

"Sorry," he replied, extending a hand towards her. Sora smacked his hand away (it was a predictable move, Yugyeom noted) and got up, fixing her clothes before crossing her arms.

 

"What's on your mind? You're never this careless. I was going to surprise you too..." she muttered the last part but Yugyeom laughed and pulled her into a hug.

 

"How are you, noona?"

 

The girl scrunched her nose at that word and the boy earned another smack. "I told you not to call me that!" Burying her face into his chest, she sighed. "I've been so stressed out these days. But," momentarily, she leaned back to get a better look at him, "Halloween is coming up and I'm so excited. I really want to go to the dance with you." The mischievous glint in her eye gave Yugyeom butterflies.

 

"I didn't know you were the type to go to dances," he grinned.

 

"I'm not," she shrugged, "but I love Halloween. It's my favourite holiday." Yugyeom hated Halloween and was about to tell his girlfriend that he wasn't interested in going to the dance until she kissed him on the cheek, "we'll plan out our costumes together later." Giving him a large grin, she pecked his lips before hurrying to her next class. "I'll text you!"

 

The boy was whipped.


 


 

 

Saehee was sitting on the bench outside in the school field when a pink haired male sneakily walked behind her. Grinning, he place his hands on her shoulder and growled. She jumped and turned around. Unexpectedly, the girl threw a punch at him and Mark landed on the brown grass. "Ow, what was that for!"

 

Realising who it was, Saehee gasped and ran to pick him up. "I'm so sorry!" While clasping their hands together, Mark mischievously pulled her down and the two were hugging on the grass.

 

"I missed you," he muttered, burying his face into her hair as he took a deep breath in; the smell of her shampoo calmed him down. "You smell nice."

 

Saehee struggled to get out of his hold but giggled anyways, "I missed you too." Smiling, they gave each other quick kisses before standing back up, "I can give you my shampoo if you like it that much."

 

Mark shook his head and grabbed her soft hand. "You're going to catch a cold out here," he removed his red and black mittens and took her hands; placing a mit on each of her hands. The pink haired boy then removed his scarf and wrapped it around her neck. "There, all nice and warm." Saehee's cheeks went pink and thanked her boyfriend. She never got used to his small gestures. The two walked around campus holding hands, ignoring jealous girls and continued small talk.

 

"So... uh," the two stopped and Mark scratched his head. "Are... you planning to go to the dance on Saturday?" Saehee disliked Halloween (not as much as Yugyeom did though) and looked down, debating whether or not she should go. Mark smiled, shaking his head, "I'm not going to go if you aren't going."

 

A gasp escaped , "No, go! Jackson was looking forward to going to the dance with you and the others. Don't worry about me."

 

"I don't really like parties anyways," he grinned, "I'd rather be at home watching Insidious or Paranormal Activity with my girlfriend than go to some lame school party."

 

"But," she bit her lip," what about the others? Don't you normally go with them?"

 

Mark winked at her and pecked her lips, "don't worry about them. They're trying to drag your brother into going. I heard from a little bird," he paused and took her hand. The two continued walking, "I heard from a little bird that Kim Yugyeom is dating someone two years older than him."

 

Saehee's jaw dropped but slowly, her smile returned, "he's dating Sora isn't he?" Mark nodded. It was obvious that the two would be together.


 



 

Halloween eve quickly came and Yugyeom and Sora were in a costume shop. They had been in the shop for three hours now and Yugyeom was getting tired of changing in and out of outfits. His girlfriend on the other hand was having a blast. Finally deciding on what her costume would be, she went to find parts from her favourite video game, Final Fantasy 7. "This is great Yugyeom! I'll be Tifa and you'll be Cloud!"

 

Last week, Yugyeom had no idea who Cloud and Tifa were until the two started playing on her PS3. It was a role play videogame in which the story line was devastating. The main character, Zack, was in a popular company called Shinra that took only the best fighters. His friends and colleagues all suddenly the company and Zack found himself in a tough predicament: To kill his friends or to be killed by his company. Finding ways to satisfy both, he was labeled as a deserter and the company killed him in the end. Zack's best friend, Cloud, was only a 3rd class soldiers of Shinra when his friend had died and ultimately became Zack's living legacy.

 

"Fine," grumbled the boy and he started looking for some black armor and a giant sword. It took ages until he found the right outfit and the two walked out at 6 in the evening. "Are you hungry?" He asked and Sora smiled.

 

"Let's go to the café," she suggested and the two made their way to Mirae Café.  Yugyeom was still skeptical about what was to come but he decided that Sora would understand. The couple agreed that they would only stay at the dance for two hours before going home.

 

"Gyeom," she started, "If anything happens tomorrow, tell me alright?" She was genuinely worried about the younger boy but Yugyeom shook his head. The pair had found a table near the windows.

 

"Don't worry too much about me," he laced his fingers with hers. "Enjoy yourself tomorrow alright?" The older teenager giggled and pecked his cheeks.

 

"You're the best."


 


DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Sorry, I just HAD to add FF7 into this LOL It's my all time favourite RPG from Square Enix <3 Pt.2 will come tomorrow :)